2/19 Tues ... Logan D2 ...... 2 gms
2/20 Wed ... Jackson D3 .... 2 gms
2/22 Fri ..... Logan D2 or Southeastern D2 ... 2 gms
2/23 Sat .... Jackson D3 ..... 2 gms

Unbiased
Waterboy

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #10

Post by Unbiased »

mrwonderful wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:28 pm Fairland no #6 in my opinion...which means nothing.....Ironton and Coal Grove are much better...Gallia, Chesapeake, and SP just as good...I don't know what Portsmouth's problem is. I think they have more talent than Every OVC team.....
Oh mrwonderful... all respect, but this may be the worst take that I have ever seen on this site. Best Ironton twice, went to Coal Grove and Gallia and absolutely embarrassed them both at home by 20+, and beat Chesapeake twice.. actions speak louder than words. Fairland is clearly the best team the OVC has.

SPfan4LIFE
Waterboy

Post by SPfan4LIFE »

Unbiased wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:36 pm
mrwonderful wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:28 pm Fairland no #6 in my opinion...which means nothing.....Ironton and Coal Grove are much better...Gallia, Chesapeake, and SP just as good...I don't know what Portsmouth's problem is. I think they have more talent than Every OVC team.....
Oh mrwonderful... all respect, but this may be the worst take that I have ever seen on this site. Best Ironton twice, went to Coal Grove and Gallia and absolutely embarrassed them both at home by 20+, and beat Chesapeake twice.. actions speak louder than words. Fairland is clearly the best team the OVC has.
Sir, I noticed you did not mention that South Point had blew Fairland out of the water at home, then went to Fairland and lost a very close game. South Point has the potential to be the best team but they also have their nights for instance, Ironton at home...

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

SPfan4LIFE wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:16 am Sir, I noticed you did not mention that South Point had blew Fairland out of the water at home, then went to Fairland and lost a very close game. South Point has the potential to be the best team but they also have their nights for instance, Ironton at home...
Your description is interesting. South Point "blew them out of the water" with their win at home over Fairland by 14 pts. But South Point lost a "very close game" at Fairland losing by 10pts. :?

Post by SPfan4LIFE »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:22 am
SPfan4LIFE wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:16 am Sir, I noticed you did not mention that South Point had blew Fairland out of the water at home, then went to Fairland and lost a very close game. South Point has the potential to be the best team but they also have their nights for instance, Ironton at home...
Your description is interesting. South Point "blew them out of the water" with their win at home over Fairland by 14 pts. But South Point lost a "very close game" at Fairland losing by 10pts. :?
Sorry but did you not see the score at halftime? 34-7.

SPfan4LIFE
Waterboy

Post by SPfan4LIFE »

Fairland made their free throws when we lost, making it a seem like the score was not as close as it was.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

SPfan4LIFE wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:28 am Sorry but did you not see the score at halftime? 34-7.
Yes I did, I was there. That is a 27 pt lead. How did it end up at 14pts?

Post by Unbiased »

SPfan4LIFE wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:30 am Fairland made their free throws when we lost, making it a seem like the score was not as close as it was.
If I recall it correctly, did that 27 point lead after Fairlands worst half of basketball in years, get cut to 8 points before South Point started making free throws to make the score “not as close as it was.” If that’s your definition of blowing somebody out of the water, I respect it.

Dragon70
Freshman Team

Post by Dragon70 »

SPfan4LIFE wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:16 am
Unbiased wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:36 pm
Sir, I noticed you did not mention that South Point had blew Fairland out of the water at home, then went to Fairland and lost a very close game. South Point has the potential to be the best team but they also have their nights for instance, Ironton at home...
As you state that South Point "has their nights" when they don't live up to potential but they aren't the only ones to have bad nights like Fairland did at South Point when they made nothing and was down 34-7 but the key is to not have too many of those. By the OVC standings it looks like South Point has had many of those nights while Fairland had one which shows who is the better team night in and night out and now OVC champs.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

SE Ohio teams in this week's AP poll:

Logan - #12 in D1
Chillicothe - #14 in D1

Sheridan - #8 in D2

Wheelersburg - #2 in D3
Eastern - #7 in D3

Trimble - #10 in D4

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:56 am SE Ohio teams in this week's AP poll:

Logan - #12 in D1
Chillicothe - #14 in D1

Sheridan - #8 in D2

Wheelersburg - #2 in D3
Eastern - #7 in D3

Trimble - #10 in D4
... good stuff Chieftain2009 ! thanks for posting it !

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... it's 4:17pm USUALLY PFLOYD1 is on the road already ! I'm burning time, before taking the 5 minute drive back to Jim's Gym for tonight's BIG matchup between Logan & Sheridan ... hoping that Heileman is healthy enough to play tonight for the Generals HE IS THAT GOOD that having him on the floor IS an advantage for SHS ... it is understandable IF he doesn't play as the Generals have bigger fish to fry in - John Glenn and the post season ... reading the posts this morning was the first I had heard that the SHS big man in the middle had not played in the last 2 games - big shoes to fill down low ... we'll see ! the napkin stats sheets are filled out ! - no twizzlers though - will have to get my usual 2 dogs plain and a couple waters to hold me over tonight LOL ... safe travels to the Sheridan faithful coming down Rt 664 ...

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I think there is absolutely no argument here that Fairland is without question the best team in the OVC. Undisputed OVC champions for the 4th year in a row.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly with another big win over Oak Hill tonight.
Tigers looking to move up after wins over top 10 Jackson, top 15 Oak Hill 2X and the earlier win over top. 8 Athens.
Who you lose to has to matter: #1 Wheelersburg (20-0) 2X, #2 Chillicothe (D1), #5 Eastern (19-1), Top 20 WCH on the road by 6 following a terrible, gruesome injury to one of their teammates.

Show us some love pfloyd.......... Tigers playing pretty good right now.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

smurray wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:55 pm Waverly with another big win over Oak Hill tonight.
Tigers looking to move up after wins over top 10 Jackson, top 15 Oak Hill 2X and the earlier win over top. 8 Athens.
Who you lose to has to matter: #1 Wheelersburg (20-0) 2X, #2 Chillicothe (D1), #5 Eastern (19-1), Top 20 WCH on the road by 6 following a terrible, gruesome injury to one of their teammates.

Goodness.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Logan is making up one of their games that was cancelled. They will be hosting Bishop Hartley on Monday.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

LucasDavenport wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:07 pm
smurray wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:55 pm Waverly with another big win over Oak Hill tonight.

Goodness.
LOL

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Going to be interesting when the committee of one - me - mulls over this week's games - Logan COULD get W's vs Sheridan (in the books already 71-61) , Athens (#8) and Warren (#8) ... will the committee take into account the strength of schedules even MORE when doing the Elite 8 ? COULD Logan move BACK into the #1 spot ? Wheelersburg is obvious NOT going to lose but what about THAT overall schedule ? Chillicothe plays Warren Friday night ? could there BE a three way tie at the top ? (93bulldog just spit his coffee all over his keyboard !!! LOL ... Sheridan - impressed the committee last night vs Logan even as the Generals were minus 6-7 Grant Heileman from there lineup - do THEY move up as well ? Waverly beats Oak Hill, ZT survives at Ironton, Adena gets beat by Huntington ????? ... what is a committee of one to do ??? - time to get out the Ouija Board and the Magic 8 Ball?... tough rankings meeting this weekend !!!

... more food for thought ... Logan will be playing a makeup game with Columbus Bishop Hartley on Monday AT Logan ... Hartley is the #4 seed in the Central District D2 Post season party ... IF Logan wins out - Sheridan (done), Athens, Warren AND Bishop Hartley - I'm thinking the Purple SHOULD BE the SEOhio , Pfloyd Elite #1 ? decisions , decisions, decisions ... where is that Ouija Board ???? (thank you Chieftain2009 on giving the correct information about the Logan makeup game for Monday ... I read Bishop Hartley and wrote Wadkins Memorial ... I need to call Dr. House to see where the disconnect is LOL ...)
Last edited by pfloyd on Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Logan has added one of their postponed games BACK on the regular season schedule - ... Logan HOSTS Bishop Hartley this coming Monday ! - sorry about the bad info before the edit ... Bishop Hartley at Logan Monday night ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

Looks like Logan will be busy Monday. Hosting Bishop Hartley and traveling to Watlkins in an unusual bb doubleheader.

Personally I will go with Floyd's Info.

Return to “Boys Basketball”