Logan 57 Vinton County 32 a final

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Logan 57 Vinton County 32 a final

Post by pfloyd »

Logan 57
Vinton County 32 a final ...

Probably best to do the "Joe Friday" rundown of this one - Nothing but the facts ...

* Logan opened the game scoring the first 14 points of the contest before VC dented the score board with 4:23 on the clock - game, set and match ...
* Quarter breaks showed :

Logan.... 20 ...... 28 ..... 42 ..... 57
VC ....... 11 ...... 16 ..... 25 ..... 32
Bo ....... 12 ...... 18 ..... 23 ..... 33

Logan TOs : 14
Vinton County TOs : 28

Pfloyd Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Vinton County

Scoring ... Lance Montgomery 9, Will Arthur 7, Gavin Arbaugh 7, Ricky Body 3, Ash Abele 3, Trafford Dunn 3
3 Pointers ... 3/10 ... Rickey Body 1, Ash Abele 1, Trafford Dunn 1
FTs ......... 7/16
TOs ....... 28
PnP ....... 8 fgs/16 points in the paint
PnT ....... 0 points in transition

Pfloyd's Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Logan

Scoring
... Bo Myers 33, Caleb Bell 9, Wes Brooks 4, Coby Bell 4, Landon Little 3, Dawson Libben 3, Tyler Cummin 1
3 Pointers ... 6/19 .... Caleb Bell 3, Bo Myers 2, Dawson Libben 1
FTs .... 5/8
TOs .... 14
PnP .... 17 fgs/34 points in the paint
PnT .... 4 fgs/8 points in transition
PBB ... 3 put back buckets

... Logan entertains Sheridan Tuesday night at Jim's Gym ... Logan will need to play better Tuesday night vs the Generals if they want to come away with a "W" ... vs VC tonight a pretty sloppy game with a total of 42 TOs ... the highlights were the Logan D turning the Vikings over 28 times , Bo Myers with 33 points - excellent all around game , Caleb Bell with 3 triples ...

E High
All State

Re: Logan 57 Vinton County 32 a final

Post by E High »

Bad. Real bad for Vinton co. Not close to where they were couple years ago. Lot of fools gold out there.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Logan just smoked them in this one. And didn't play one of their best games either it appears. Bo outscored VC.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Yep kinda sloppy for the chiefs tonight.

AT THE RESERVATION
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Also a huge shoutout and very nice to see seniors Dawson Libben and Tyler Cummin score their first points of the season!!!!

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

E High wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:39 am Bad. Real bad for Vinton co. Not close to where they were couple years ago. Lot of fools gold out there.
More Great insight from E High.You are a very valuable contributor to this site. 👍

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I felt like after the slow start by VC, the Vikings battled well for a little while. Down by 10-15 for most of the second/third quarters before Logan slowly pulled away. Arbaugh went out with a facial injury in the third and VC had trouble scoring. Logan also hurt VC with their press. VC can’t turn the ball over that much against a great team like Logan and expect to pull off an upset. Good luck to the chiefs in the tournament. Logan has a very nice team.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Going into VC and winning by 25 and playing SLOPPY the Chiefs should be ashamed . Really ? VC is still a pretty good team . What they lack offensively they make up for Defensively . Did they not beat a very good Athens team a couple weeks ago ? They played hard every play .Great kids! The Chiefs play extremely good Defense and they turn a lot of teams over while turning the ball over less than 10 so I guess 14 is really bad . My bet is they WILL play better Tuesday night . Maybe BO can out score the Generals. Nice to see Dawson and Tyler dent the scoring column . Good luck to the Vikings ! Side note : I saw a lot of sportsmanship from both Teams .

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

good write up! I figured this game would be slower but man it was sloppy. great efforts by both teams tho. this is a good game for VC to play right before the tournament to get them ready. every time I see Bo play this season he gets better and better. Logan brought a big crowd to, didn't know Logan travelled that well. Best of luck to both teams in the tournament.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

beaverlover wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:38 am
E High wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:39 am Bad. Real bad for Vinton co. Not close to where they were couple years ago. Lot of fools gold out there.
More Great insight from E High.You are a very valuable contributor to this site. 👍
... beaverlover ... I just roll my eyes when I read some it :roll:

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Chieftain Fan wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:48 am Going into VC and winning by 25 and playing SLOPPY the Chiefs should be ashamed . Really ? VC is still a pretty good team . What they lack offensively they make up for Defensively . Did they not beat a very good Athens team a couple weeks ago ? They played hard every play .Great kids! The Chiefs play extremely good Defense and they turn a lot of teams over while turning the ball over less than 10 so I guess 14 is really bad . My bet is they WILL play better Tuesday night . Maybe BO can out score the Generals. Nice to see Dawson and Tyler dent the scoring column . Good luck to the Vikings ! Side note : I saw a lot of sportsmanship from both Teams .
I've read all the comments several times. I don't think anyone was slandering the Chiefs....

Logan obviously still played a good game, going into a tough place to play, at VC, and still winning by 25. Nobody said 14 turnovers was really bad, in fact, 14 turnovers is still quite good. And I agree, I'm sure they will be ready to go on Tuesday night against a solid team! I also see the statement you made: "Maybe BO can out score the Generals." That was obviously a back handed comment towards me. I was NOT saying that Bo beat VC by himself, OBVIOUSLY!! Just an interesting side note that he scored more points than the other team did. That is NOT a slander towards anyone, just a side piece of info.

Also as I stated above, it's really nice to see both Dawson and Tyler get in the scoring column. Great group of kids for LHS. Excited for the game on Tuesday. I'm sure Jim's Gym will be packed again!!

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:06 pm
Chieftain Fan wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:48 am Going into VC and winning by 25 and playing SLOPPY the Chiefs should be ashamed . Really ? VC is still a pretty good team . What they lack offensively they make up for Defensively . Did they not beat a very good Athens team a couple weeks ago ? They played hard every play .Great kids! The Chiefs play extremely good Defense and they turn a lot of teams over while turning the ball over less than 10 so I guess 14 is really bad . My bet is they WILL play better Tuesday night . Maybe BO can out score the Generals. Nice to see Dawson and Tyler dent the scoring column . Good luck to the Vikings ! Side note : I saw a lot of sportsmanship from both Teams .
I've read all the comments several times. I don't think anyone was slandering the Chiefs....

Logan obviously still played a good game, going into a tough place to play, at VC, and still winning by 25. Nobody said 14 turnovers was really bad, in fact, 14 turnovers is still quite good. And I agree, I'm sure they will be ready to go on Tuesday night against a solid team! I also see the statement you made: "Maybe BO can out score the Generals." That was obviously a back handed comment towards me. I was NOT saying that Bo beat VC by himself, OBVIOUSLY!! Just an interesting side note that he scored more points than the other team did. That is NOT a slander towards anyone, just a side piece of info.

Also as I stated above, it's really nice to see both Dawson and Tyler get in the scoring column. Great group of kids for LHS. Excited for the game on Tuesday. I'm sure Jim's Gym will be packed again!!
No back handed comment here . If you read it Iwas referring to the defense that the Chiefs play and limiting scoring . Hey we are on the same team and what I saw ( were you there ) was 2 teams scratching for loose balls , and fighting for all they could get . That's how the game is suppose to be played . No disrespect for any of the Purple Gang . I saw blood and sweat from both teams . I'll be there on Tuesday and I will support the Chiefs . If I offended anyone in my post it was not intended . Iwas just supporting OUR TEAM . Go Chiefs!!!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:06 pm

...Chieftain2009 - your post was fine ...

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Vc is very down--should be a bounce back next year and then the year after. The TVC is weak this year---I don't see anyone from the TVC making it to far.

Return to “Boys Basketball”