An overlooked stat, (offensive fouls taken)

tigerchief1
Waterboy

An overlooked stat, (offensive fouls taken)

Post by tigerchief1 »

One player comes to mind when I think of someone laying his body out, to take a charge, and I would be willing to bet he has taken more charges than anyone else in Southern Ohio. Waverly's Ethan Dunn has consistently stepped up to take a charge, the last two seasons. He has a nack for getting great position, and taking one for his Waverly Tigers. I have seen him take as many as 4 in one game, and in a three game span took 11 offensive fouls. This part of the game is so often overlooked, not only does it create hesitation from the opposition to drive, it gets people into foul trouble, and it also fires up your team, and fan base, and can change a game in a heart beat. Who else would you put on this list?

HamPorter
All Conference

Re: An overlooked stat, (offensive fouls taken)

Post by HamPorter »

SVC Sports Zond tracks charges taken on their leaders page.

Piketon’s Blake Reader has taken 22 this year, while Unioto’s Cade McKee has taken 18.

tigerchief1
Waterboy

Post by tigerchief1 »

I know Blake Reader, but didn't know he had taken that many, he is one tough young man.... That's another element to taking charges (toughness) that translates throughout an entire team it seems like, and can get a team rolling.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

tigerchief1 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:42 pm One player comes to mind when I think of someone laying his body out, to take a charge, and I would be willing to bet he has taken more charges than anyone else in Southern Ohio. Waverly's Ethan Dunn has consistently stepped up to take a charge, the last two seasons. He has a nack for getting great position, and taking one for his Waverly Tigers. I have seen him take as many as 4 in one game, and in a three game span took 11 offensive fouls. This part of the game is so often overlooked, not only does it create hesitation from the opposition to drive, it gets people into foul trouble, and it also fires up your team, and fan base, and can change a game in a heart beat. Who else would you put on this list?
Logan Maxfield of Athens. His middle name should be “MASTERCARD”

tigerchief1
Waterboy

Post by tigerchief1 »

VisionQuest wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:07 pm
tigerchief1 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:42 pm One player comes to mind when I think of someone laying his body out, to take a charge, and I would be willing to bet he has taken more charges than anyone else in Southern Ohio. Waverly's Ethan Dunn has consistently stepped up to take a charge, the last two seasons. He has a nack for getting great position, and taking one for his Waverly Tigers. I have seen him take as many as 4 in one game, and in a three game span took 11 offensive fouls. This part of the game is so often overlooked, not only does it create hesitation from the opposition to drive, it gets people into foul trouble, and it also fires up your team, and fan base, and can change a game in a heart beat. Who else would you put on this list?
That's good, love it!!!! :lol:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Caleb Wallis has to have 20+

Tigers12
Waterboy

Post by Tigers12 »

Ethan Dunn- 23 charges in 19 games

public_transport
Waterboy

Post by public_transport »

High school refs love calling charges. Surprised these numbers aren’t double that.

highflyer
Riding the Bench

Post by highflyer »

How about Matt Brown from Alex???? In the first game against Athens I know he had 4. He probably has about 30-35 total, and most of that is coming off the bench. One tough defensive player!!

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

VisionQuest wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:07 pm
Think you mean Mastercharge Vision. Lol

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Good that some players take charges. Most don’t have the heart to do that. 👍

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

Piketon's Reader has had 20+ for three straight seasons

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

I'll bet money JJ Truitt has the most. Hasn't been a game in all 20 games this season he hasn't taken at least one charge. I'd say his charge count is over or near 30.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

burgfella69 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:51 am I'll bet money JJ Truitt has the most. Hasn't been a game in all 20 games this season he hasn't taken at least one charge. I'd say his charge count is over or near 30.
JJ was the first player that came to mind when I saw this topic. I would guess he is averaging 1.5-2 charges per game. I know he had 4 total in the 2 games this past weekend.

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

burgfella69 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:51 am I'll bet money JJ Truitt has the most. Hasn't been a game in all 20 games this season he hasn't taken at least one charge. I'd say his charge count is over or near 30.
Gotta agree with this statement JJ Truitt has the most charges in southeastern ohio I've been to almost every Burg game and he usually has around 2 a game so having atleast 30 is a good estimate

Return to “Boys Basketball”