Best defenders in Southeast Ohio

tigerchief1
Waterboy

Best defenders in Southeast Ohio

Post by tigerchief1 »

So often we all focus on the offensive side of the game. Defense wins championships, although its nice to have the offense to go with it. Lets hear some names of great defenders, so they can get some recognition. I'm not interested in a comparison of players, just kids that defend.

1. Cody Remington; aggressive, non-stop competitor, fast, no quit, energy {never gets tired}, loves to defend.

I have always enjoyed watching Cody, his energy alone helps Waverly win a lot of ball games, and is contagious. What a great young man as well.

VisionQuest
All State

Re: Best defenders in Southeast Ohio

Post by VisionQuest »

Logan Maxfield for Athens. Most generally gets the assignment of guarding the best offensive player of opposing teams. Also for Athens-Eli Chubb. One of the best Shot Blockers I have ever seen. He just knows how to time his jumps and block those shots and rarely in foul trouble.
Last edited by VisionQuest on Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

tigerchief1 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:32 pm So often we all focus on the offensive side of the game. Defense wins championships, although its nice to have the offense to go with it. Lets hear some names of great defenders, so they can get some recognition. I'm not interested in a comparison of players, just kids that defend.

1. Cody Remington; aggressive, non-stop competitor, fast, no quit, energy {never gets tired}, loves to defend.

I have always enjoyed watching Cody, his energy alone helps Waverly win a lot of ball games, and is contagious. What a great young man as well.
Of all the teams that I have been able to watch this year, Remington has been the best That I've seen also.

tigerchief1
Waterboy

Post by tigerchief1 »

Mr. Blevins down at South Webster can also be an intimidating shot blocker.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

tigerchief1 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:09 pm Mr. Blevins down at South Webster can also be an intimidating shot blocker.
I Agree! You can't go to the basket if he's down low. To me he's one of the best all around players in SEO.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Remington gets my vote

Dunn97
Riding the Bench

Post by Dunn97 »

Cobe Marquez - Waverly
Him and Remington together is a sight to behold!

tigerchief1
Waterboy

Post by tigerchief1 »

Dunn97 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:34 pm Cobe Marquez - Waverly
Him and Remington together is a sight to behold!
Terror in the backcourt, those dudes are solid defenders.

tigerchief1
Waterboy

Post by tigerchief1 »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:18 pm
tigerchief1 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:09 pm Mr. Blevins down at South Webster can also be an intimidating shot blocker.
I Agree! You can't go to the basket if he's down low. To me he's one of the best all around players in SEO.
I think Blevins is the best all around player in the SOC, and in Southern Ohio, and this is coming from a Waverly fan. That young man has it all, and can jump out of the gym.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

tigerchief1 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:39 pm
VetteMan wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:18 pm
I think Blevins is the best all around player in the SOC, and in Southern Ohio, and this is coming from a Waverly fan. That young man has it all, and can jump out of the gym.
Is Blevins playing at the next level? Any offers?

CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

Aaron Music of CG. Leads team in scoring, rebounding and likely assists and steals . He also guards the Best player on every team. Best defender I have seen in the OVC.

Point blank
Freshman Team

Post by Point blank »

Kyle Sexton soc1 defensive player of the year

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Literally any player for Logan lol

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:46 am Literally any player for Logan lol
The Logan D is the best I’ve seen in yrs from any SEO team I’ve seen.

AT THE RESERVATION
Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

JJ Truitt of Burg is a very solid defender very good at taking charges and on the ball guarding also Tanner Holden hands down best player in the SOC best player south of Columbus IMO

warrior1
Waterboy

Post by warrior1 »

I like Fout from Adena and Swain from ZT.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... when you watch a lot of high school basketball as I do ... when you see "single" defenders who stand out THEY play on TEAMS who's entire TEAM are great defenders because THAT is what is "taught" on a TEAM basis ... Defense IS a TEAM "skill" - every player must play fundamentally sound D for the TEAM to be successful :

All of these TEAMS hold opponents on average below the "Magic 50" points per game (not in any particular order)

Logan (13-3)
Chillicothe (16-5)
Zane Trace (16-4)
Fairland (16-4)
Logan Elm (10-9)
Athens (15-4)
Warren (12-6)
Trimble (15-3)
Eastern Pike (19-1)
Oak Hill (15-4)
Western Pike (15-4)
Eastern Brown (15-5)
Fairfield Union (13-7)
Jackson (13-7)
Waterford (12-6)
Alexander (13-6)
Chesapeake (12-9)

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burgfan/grad85 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:31 am JJ Truitt of Burg is a very solid defender very good at taking charges and on the ball guarding also Tanner Holden hands down best player in the SOC best player south of Columbus IMO
This. ^^^^^^

Blevins is good but he’s not at tanners level. Truitt is an underrated defender. I’ve only seen waverly play burg twice. They are athletic defenders but they didn’t show that they are good at help defense. Same with burg. Their help defense isn’t good.

Pfloyds chart backs me up.

tigerchief1
Waterboy

Post by tigerchief1 »

I would love to have a team of Blevins, Holden, Darby, Remington, and Dunn. That starting five would win state for sure, IMO... I enjoying watching all these players, in the end there all teenagers, and they have a lot on their plates, with school, practice, film sessions, games, and some of them probably also have part time jobs. Instead of all us adults bashing, and yelling at these kids at games, could we all just take the time to appreciate the show they put on for us as fans, I love basketball, and yes its just a game but to these kids its part of who there are...

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Brandon Noel,Jayvon Maughmer and Vinny Ropert Chillicothe

Return to “Boys Basketball”