Chillicothe Cavaliers

cavsbkb
Riding the Bench

Chillicothe Cavaliers

Post by cavsbkb »

Does this team have enough get to District Final game in D1 Central District? They have been playing some pretty good ball of late...Thoughts?

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Re: Chillicothe Cavaliers

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Yes, because of seeding. I think we can get a 10 or 11 and get to a distinct final. be it going up against a pick north or something but i can see us getting there.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I believe they can! This team has a smothering defense and 3 kids who can go for 20+ on a given night. There have been people complaining about the style of offense they run but I think it’s suited well for the tournament. I feel other teams will have to adjust to their style and that could cause problems for other teams! Good luck to the Cavs!

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:10 pm Yes, because of seeding. I think we can get a 10 or 11 and get to a distinct final. be it going up against a pick north or something but i can see us getting there.
We better hope they do not go up against Pick North. They got a wake up call from Logan and have been playing very good since that loss.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Chilly is better but D-1 is brutal in Columbus. 2 wins would be great !

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Zach Fleer does a great job covering central district and came up with a rating system to help coaches with their seeding
05F45259-C941-41B3-9B1D-D11DAC3EA1D0.png

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Chillicothe got the 14th seed which gives them a bye and will play the winner of (12)Walnut Ridge vs. (33)Marysville. (12)Walnut Ridge will be a very stiff test for Chillicothe because they are a very solid team with great athleticism and length, if ridge wins Chilli will play them in Columbus, the winner of that game will probably get a really good (9)Newark team in the district semis and then (1)Dublin Coffman in The district Championship. In my opinion Chillicothe has two very winnable games to get to the district Finals could make a run if everyone is clicking.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Ohio1234 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:33 pm Chillicothe got the 14th seed which gives them a bye and will play the winner of (12)Walnut Ridge vs. (33)Marysville. (12)Walnut Ridge will be a very stiff test for Chillicothe because they are a very solid team with great athleticism and length, if ridge wins Chilli will play them in Columbus, the winner of that game will probably get a really good (9)Newark team in the district semis and then (1)Dublin Coffman in The district Championship. In my opinion Chillicothe has two very winnable games to get to the district Finals could make a run if everyone is clicking.
I personally think we got a tough draw. We are a better team than last year as our record and seed indicates but we have our first round against a better team imo. Getting Ridge is a tough game. Then if we win Newark will be just as tough.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:49 pm
Ohio1234 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:33 pm Chillicothe got the 14th seed which gives them a bye and will play the winner of (12)Walnut Ridge vs. (33)Marysville. (12)Walnut Ridge will be a very stiff test for Chillicothe because they are a very solid team with great athleticism and length, if ridge wins Chilli will play them in Columbus, the winner of that game will probably get a really good (9)Newark team in the district semis and then (1)Dublin Coffman in The district Championship. In my opinion Chillicothe has two very winnable games to get to the district Finals could make a run if everyone is clicking.
I personally think we got a tough draw. We are a better team than last year as our record and seed indicates but we have our first round against a better team imo. Getting Ridge is a tough game. Then if we win Newark will be just as tough.
Walnut Ridge was on the board and you guys picked to play them.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I also believe it was a good choice. The big picture was obviously brought into play with this choice.

First take the bye.

Second — if you can beat Walnut Ridge it puts you in a District semi vs Newark who Canal defeated and you’ve played Canal and took them to the wire.

I would think the coaching staff has a belief that they match up well vs these two teams and the road was known if they went on the board in that position.

Going on the board in the 14th position is a tough proposition and in my opinion Chillicothe placed themselves in a very thoughtful way. It appears to me their goal wasn’t to simply win a sectional but rather to give themselves an opportunity to advance to a District final.

Good luck to The Cavs!

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:14 pm I also believe it was a good choice. The big picture was obviously brought into play with this choice.

First take the bye.

Second — if you can beat Walnut Ridge it puts you in a District semi vs Newark who Canal defeated and you’ve played Canal and took them to the wire.

I would think the coaching staff has a belief that they match up well vs these two teams and the road was known if they went on the board in that position.

Going on the board in the 14th position is a tough proposition and in my opinion Chillicothe placed themselves in a very thoughtful way. It appears to me their goal wasn’t to simply win a sectional but rather to give themselves an opportunity to advance to a District final.

Good luck to The Cavs!
Good insight! thanks for that. I do not know that level of detail. I did hear though that we chose it.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

The central district is different then the SE district

Coaches vote and then on Sunday they place themselves in 1 of the 4 districts in order of their seeding.

Chillicothe had to make a choice and quickly. Do we put ourselves on the board and have a good chance to win a sectional? Or do we put ourselves in a position where our sectional final is tougher but our district semi is one where we have a chance? There weren’t any easy answers. I was watching in real time on 270hoops.com and their choice surprised me a little until I looked at their other choices and thought about it.

Walnut Ridge is not going to be easy. Especially on their court.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

May get to Newark but they’re good and well coached.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Seems odd to go after the #12 seed. They must think Walnut Ridge is overrated

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Go Cavs !
#FAC

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Walnut ridge beat Hillard Davidson last night they are a really good team. Chilli will have their hands full but will also have a couple weeks to prepare not having to play until march 1st

Return to “Boys Basketball”