Logan/Wheelersburg/Chillicothe

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Logan/Wheelersburg/Chillicothe

Post by Ironman92 »

Was trying to think of my “Elite 8”...but couldn’t get to #1, 2 or 3 and satisfied with it. To me these 3 teams are out in front of everyone else and while the Sheridan’s, Warren’s and others may prove otherwise...these are the 3

To me...I think Burg and Logan are darn near carbon copies. Each team has the super star and multiple other players that can score and get it done. If I had to bet a winner I’d take Logan for the fact that I think Myers is better at staying on the court. Logan has some losses and some great wins....Burg has good wins and no losses. I believe Logan would be undefeated with Burg’s schedule and Burg’s record similar with Logan’s schedules. I have no issue with either team being above or below the other....if ever a tie, I’d give it.

Chillicothe...IMO the toughest matchup in the district. Lost early to ZT and WCH but everyone knows they aren’t the same team. They have some losses and they count but right now I wouldn’t pick any team over them. Maughmer isn’t quite as good as the superstars but 6’7 and big Noel is the catch. Chillicothe has the guards to defend and handle and score when needed, not as Logan or Burg but no slouch. Logan and Chilly split and darn even.

I think these 3 are nearly impossible to rank.

Using whole season I guess I’d go:

1. Burg
2. Logan
3. Chillicothe

But I’d take Chilly in a neutral site head to head right now over the other two (not that I’d be right but still)

Pinky

Re: Logan/Wheelersburg/Chillicothe

Post by Pinky »

I can agree with all that but when I said Burg could indeed beat Logan everyone proceeded to tell my how stupid I was burg has more then just Holden and Truitt they have five shooters on the quart even without one or the other

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Pinky wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:48 pm I can agree with all that but when I said Burg could indeed beat Logan everyone proceeded to tell my how stupid I was burg has more then just Holden and Truitt they have five shooters on the quart even without one or the other
Everyone did not. Some did. Everyone knows these 3 are close.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Pinky wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:48 pm I can agree with all that but when I said Burg could indeed beat Logan everyone proceeded to tell my how stupid I was burg has more then just Holden and Truitt they have five shooters on the quart even without one or the other
Quart :D

Pinky

Post by Pinky »

Lol ,got me

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:07 pm Was trying to think of my “Elite 8”...but couldn’t get to #1, 2 or 3 and satisfied with it. To me these 3 teams are out in front of everyone else and while the Sheridan’s, Warren’s and others may prove otherwise...these are the 3

To me...I think Burg and Logan are darn near carbon copies. Each team has the super star and multiple other players that can score and get it done. If I had to bet a winner I’d take Logan for the fact that I think Myers is better at staying on the court. Logan has some losses and some great wins....Burg has good wins and no losses. I believe Logan would be undefeated with Burg’s schedule and Burg’s record similar with Logan’s schedules. I have no issue with either team being above or below the other....if ever a tie, I’d give it.

Chillicothe...IMO the toughest matchup in the district. Lost early to ZT and WCH but everyone knows they aren’t the same team. They have some losses and they count but right now I wouldn’t pick any team over them. Maughmer isn’t quite as good as the superstars but 6’7 and big Noel is the catch. Chillicothe has the guards to defend and handle and score when needed, not as Logan or Burg but no slouch. Logan and Chilly split and darn even.

1. Burg
2. Logan
3. Chillicothe

But I’d take Chilly in a neutral site head to head right now over the other two (not that I’d be right but still)
I don't understand what you mean by Myers is better at staying on the court. I agree early on Holden was committing some dumb fouls, reaching around to steal the ball, driving out of control to the lane but in the last 8-10 games he is getting some pretty BS calls. He had two against Jackson where all he did was stand straight up on a shot, shooter didn't even jump into him and McDavid called the foul two times which sit him down. Those are not fouls. The other night against waverly, the charge was a foul but he was smacked, bumped and pushed before he even got to the lane so if the foul was called beforehand he wouldn't have been sitting. The third foul he got for kicking was a joke as well. He got his foot tangled with a Waverly player and he stepped high out of it and Jenkins called him for kicking. He has no control on what the refs call on him.

Logan-Burg would be fun to watch though. I bet if you let the kids play without refs and call there own fouls it would be fun to watch. J/K of course

Pinky

Post by Pinky »

Here we go

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:18 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:07 pm Was trying to think of my “Elite 8”...but couldn’t get to #1, 2 or 3 and satisfied with it. To me these 3 teams are out in front of everyone else and while the Sheridan’s, Warren’s and others may prove otherwise...these are the 3

1. Burg
2. Logan
3. Chillicothe

I don't understand what you mean by Myers is better at staying on the court. I agree early on Holden was committing some dumb fouls, reaching around to steal the ball, driving out of control to the lane but in the last 8-10 games he is getting some pretty BS calls. He had two against Jackson where all he did was stand straight up on a shot, shooter didn't even jump into him and McDavid called the foul two times which sit him down. Those are not fouls. The other night against waverly, the charge was a foul but he was smacked, bumped and pushed before he even got to the lane so if the foul was called beforehand he wouldn't have been sitting. The third foul he got for kicking was a joke as well. He got his foot tangled with a Waverly player and he stepped high out of it and Jenkins called him for kicking. He has no control on what the refs call on him.

Logan-Burg would be fun to watch though. I bet if you let the kids play without refs and call there own fouls it would be fun to watch. J/K of course
Is Wheelersburg better with Holden on the court or on the bench? I’ve stated my thoughts and agree Holden gets some tough calls. Some things you cannot control but if the ump keeps calling the strike 3 inches outside...you better be going to go get it with two strikes.

There are so so many times a game when the action is tense and opportunities to maybe foul or give a chance to call a foul. The fact is if a ref calls it...it counts and can affect who is in the game. I’m not in anyway trying to insult anything Holden or any referee...I simply believe Myers is better at staying on the court.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Hate saying it but Logan is the best area team

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

So basically, no one really has any thoughts on these 3 teams.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:17 pm So basically, no one really has any thoughts on these 3 teams.
I can’t really make an argument against anything you said...and I haven’t been on here for a bit even if I did lol

I think that Chillicothe has the worst losses of the 3 (obviously worse than Burg), but they seem like a different team since then AND neither one should be considered a bad loss in any way, IMO.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:17 pm So basically, no one really has any thoughts on these 3 teams.
At this point in the season Chillicothe beats all 3 of these teams head to head

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Had Logan held serve at Chillicothe the Purple would have kept the #1 spot in my rankings - Logan plays a tough schedule with less than half of their games vs SEOhio teams and the teams in the SE District they DO play are the cream of the crop - Chillicothe x 2, Athens, Sheridan, Warren, Vinton County, Unioto, Gallia (with Loveday ... Logan will have played 16 games vs teams with a better than .500 record... Chillicothe plays a great schedule as well - with LEAGUE games vs some outstanding teams this season - McClain x2, Wash CH x2, Jackson x2 ... add Logan x2 , Upper Arlington, Ironton @ I'town, Granville ... Chillicothe will have played 16 games vs teams with .500 or better records ... Wheelersburg plays Oak Hill x2 , Ironton, Waverly x 2, East Liverpool, South Webster x 2, Jackson ... only 9 games vs teams with .500 or better records for the season ...

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

1. Burg
2. Logan
3. Chillicothe

Lol did u say Maughmer isnt as good as the superstars? 20pts vs Logan,14pts vs Hillsboro and 22 pts last night...Maughmer or Jayvon as I call him took over the 2nd half vs Logan....he is as good as the "superstars" and a junior.....I'm sure you'll see Saturday......

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bvmv4life wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:01 pm

1. Burg
2. Logan
3. Chillicothe

Lol did u say Maughmer isnt as good as the superstars? 20pts vs Logan,14pts vs Hillsboro and 22 pts last night...Maughmer or Jayvon as I call him took over the 2nd half vs Logan....he is as good as the "superstars" and a junior.....I'm sure you'll see Saturday......
My God it’s easy to hurt feelings on here. People just swoop in after reading anything that might be insulting. Yes, Maughmer is terrible and Jackson will win by eleventy billion Saturday.

I’m done making threads. No one wants to add anything other than the people that always post.

Maughmer is one of the best players in the SE district. PERIOD...and I’ve complimented him in my posts numerous times this year. In my opinion he’s not as good as Holden or Myers and his year doesn’t matter because this thread is about this year...but no one wants to talk about the topic.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:17 pm

1. Burg
2. Logan
3. Chillicothe

My God it’s easy to hurt feelings on here. People just swoop in after reading anything that might be insulting. Yes, Maughmer is terrible and Jackson will win by eleventy billion Saturday.

I’m done making threads. No one wants to add anything other than the people that always post.

Maughmer is one of the best players in the SE district. PERIOD...and I’ve complimented him in my posts numerous times this year. In my opinion he’s not as good as Holden or Myers and his year doesn’t matter because this thread is about this year...but no one wants to talk about the topic.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 calm down sir......I'm just stating facts,no need to get all uptight, hell I'll even walk up to you and shake your hand....I haven't seen Holdren play other than at WR...we good sir,see ya Saturday

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

bvmv4life wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:21 pm

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 calm down sir......I'm just stating facts,no need to get all uptight, hell I'll even walk up to you and shake your hand....I haven't seen Holdren play other than at WR...we good sir,see ya Saturday
I do the scorebook for Chilly....I'll buy the popcorn and water Saturday....

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bvmv4life wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:23 pm

What time you want it and I’ll bring it to you on the house?

PM me what time you’ll be getting there and I’ll have your parking paid as well

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:26 pm

Start of JV game sounds good....I appreciate it sir! See we can all get along....my comments sometimes may come across as snide but I wasnt being that way....

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:26 pm

PM me what time you’ll be getting there and I’ll have your parking paid as well
Cool! I'll be there at 5:30 .....if u follow Junior High we play Jackson Wednesday at CMS to see who goes to the Championship Saturday morning....7th grade starts at 5

Return to “Boys Basketball”