Wheelersburg @ Waverly, Friday, 2/1/19

burgfella69
JV Team

Wheelersburg @ Waverly, Friday, 2/1/19

Post by burgfella69 »

Making this thread a little early because I can't wait for this one. Biggest game left on Burg's schedule imo. Burg 2 games ahead in the SOC race, but with a few legit SOC trap games left with Minford and South Webster (although both at home), a loss against Waverly could really make a tie possible.
Thoughts?

bigburgboy
Riding the Bench

Re: Wheelersburg @ Waverly, Friday, 2/1/19

Post by bigburgboy »

After watching burg play lately, they must step it up or Waverly will take the W in this one.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Burg doesn’t seem to be playing as well as earlier and Waverly seems to be playing better.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

burgfella69 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:42 am Making this thread a little early because I can't wait for this one. Biggest game left on Burg's schedule imo. Burg 2 games ahead in the SOC race, but with a few legit SOC trap games left with Minford and South Webster (although both at home), a loss against Waverly could really make a tie possible.
Thoughts?
Are you really being serious about Minford being a legit trap game for the Burg ? Wheelersburg beat Minford by 27 pts at Minford earlier this year.

bigburgboy
Riding the Bench

Post by bigburgboy »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:29 am
burgfella69 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:42 am Making this thread a little early because I can't wait for this one. Biggest game left on Burg's schedule imo. Burg 2 games ahead in the SOC race, but with a few legit SOC trap games left with Minford and South Webster (although both at home), a loss against Waverly could really make a tie possible.
Thoughts?
Are you really being serious about Minford being a legit trap game for the Burg ? Wheelersburg beat Minford by 27 pts at Minford earlier this year.
I was wondering the same thing :lol: :lol:
Doesn't seem like that much of a trap game if he's going to completely overlook it and have this thread started already.

BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBaskets »

This one won't be close. Lots of subs have been playing lately to give starters rest before getting to playoffs. Burg starters will step up knowing that this road game will be more competitive. Burg by 20+.

GO BURG!

JeepsWin
Waterboy

Post by JeepsWin »

Thoughts?
agree. Webster beat west by 51 last week. Webster playing beter now and sould beat bug.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:29 am
Thoughts?
yes. Could be close if Burg allows Minford to hit shots by playing poor defense

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

JeepsWin wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:39 pm
Thoughts?
agree. Webster beat west by 51 last week. Webster playing beter now and sould beat bug.
Webster may be playing better, but saying they SHOULD beat Burg is crazy. Burg is the better team. If you said Webster COULD beat Burg, then I would agree.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

BurgBaskets wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:37 pm This one won't be close. Lots of subs have been playing lately to give starters rest before getting to playoffs. Burg starters will step up knowing that this road game will be more competitive. Burg by 20+.

GO BURG!
Both of these games, South Webster and Minford are home games for Wheelersburg.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:38 pm
BurgBaskets wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:37 pm This one won't be close. Lots of subs have been playing lately to give starters rest before getting to playoffs. Burg starters will step up knowing that this road game will be more competitive. Burg by 20+.

GO BURG!
Both of these games, South Webster and Minford are home games for Wheelersburg.
he's talking about the waverly game, the main discussion of this topic.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

From afar, just hoping for a well played game without any chippiness.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

I think it will be a hard fought game by both teams. I’m sure there will some chippiness but Wheelersburg will come out on top by 8-12 points.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Big game for both teams. Either one could win Friday night, depending on how things shake out.
For Burg to win, I think they just need to come in focused and play their game. They are the better basketball team. As long as they don't make mental mistakes or overlook the Tigers I believe they come out victorious.
For Waverly to win, they need to play like they have the past couple of games and then a little extra. They have to make their close shots and free throws. They must play good defense the entire game and get boards, which will allow them to get out and run. It will have to be a full team effort and very few errors for the Tigers to get it done. But will not be shocked if they make it happen.
This one will be a high emotion game for both sides, I do expect some chippines. Depending on how the refs handle it will determine how chippy it gets. Hoping for an injury free game either way.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg just needs to feed Holden in the paint. Waverly has no one that can stop him once he gets the ball that low. Even if he doesn’t shoot he will draw 2-3 defenders and open the outside shooting for Truitt, Mullins, Salyers and here lately Clevenger.

Should be a good matchup at Waverly. Burg was down 17-16 tonight early in the 2nd and then outscored Minford 59-18 the rest of the way

Burg didn’t run or press much in that first matchup as they were still getting their basketball legs under them.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I anticipate this game will be chippy all night. Wheelersburg is the better team by a wide margin. Add in the fact that they like to talk a lot of trash and you have the recipe for “High Emotions”.

The teams that have not turned the ball over against Waverly have done very well against them. I don’t anticipate Wheelersburg will turn it over. Waverly’s best bet is to play Smallwood on Holden and try to keep it in the half court. No southern Ohio team is running with Wheelersburg and winning!

Wburgfan
Waterboy

Post by Wburgfan »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:26 pm I anticipate this game will be chippy all night. Wheelersburg is the better team by a wide margin. Add in the fact that they like to talk a lot of trash and you have the recipe for “High Emotions”.

The teams that have not turned the ball over against Waverly have done very well against them. I don’t anticipate Wheelersburg will turn it over. Waverly’s best bet is to play Smallwood on Holden and try to keep it in the half court. No southern Ohio team is running with Wheelersburg and winning!
It’s funny you say Wheelersburg likes to talk a lot of trash. Again I think this is a product of who they are playing. Besides the first few games of the year I haven’t really seen anyone say anything to the opposing team. Also it was a big discussion on here those first few games about technicals and since then I don’t believe Burg has got one. I believe the environment will cause for a chippy game and that will be from the fans and Waverley players. Only probably is Holden has just been using that to fuel his game this year where before he would chirp back and get out of his rhythm. I’ve been really impress with how he has changed this year not only as a basketball player with his skills but mentally is where I see his biggest leap and that’s why I think they are where they are today.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

“I think this is a product of who they are playing.”

“I believe the environment will lead to a chippy game and that will be from the fans and the Waverly players”

Lol!!! Always somebody else’s fault! Lol!! Another highly intelligent Wheelersburg supporter! Lol!!

Wburgfan
Waterboy

Post by Wburgfan »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:00 am “I think this is a product of who they are playing.”

“I believe the environment will lead to a chippy game and that will be from the fans and the Waverly players”

Lol!!! Always somebody else’s fault! Lol!! Another highly intelligent Wheelersburg supporter! Lol!!
I’m not saying it’s not some Of the Burg players but playing sports for Wheelersburg I can say that many times other teams ran their mouth to us without us saying anything. Wheelersburg is disliked in southern Ohio, it’s a fact so when teams play them they tend to be more physical, talk more, than they do against other schools in the area. You can disagree with me and that’s fine. I can only give you my first hand experience playing for Burg and unfortunately it doesn’t align with your thoughts.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

The burg ran their mouth a lot during the first game so much that burg people were complaining and I think the kids were told to knock it off and play ball. They have been much better since

Return to “Boys Basketball”