Logan Elm @ Washington Court House 1/29

Post by TravisHill222 »

Thoughts?

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Re: Logan Elm @ Washington Court House 1/29

Post by LucasDavenport »

Senior Night in Washington.

Last home game of the year. Finish with 6 on the road before embarking on the Tournament Trail.

These seniors have been an excellent group and I’m happy I was able to meet all of them.

THlll22: If you make the trip to Washington then stop by the table and say hello. I have some time after I get the varsity book ready between games. I usually take a walk and clear my mind — we can talk and discuss your thoughts. Perhaps we can learn a few things from each other. I look forward to the opportunity.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Interesting matchup. I believe Court House is consistently better but Logan Elm has shown some high end ability. Stiverson is a high end coach. Washington really hasn’t had a bad showing all season other than at Chillicothe and they are a different animal. Logan Elm hasn’t been as consistent it they are younger and also some matchup difficulties.

Washington kids need to finish at the rim as a team. I think Burns needs more touches inside but must be quick and attack. LE will do the small things well and their kids will be where they are supposed to. Washington played their tails off against Jackson in the 2nd and 3rd quarter....they were the ones way down but just started punching and controlled with physicality....they do that and they won’t be beaten at home in this matchup in my opinion.

Washington 53
Logan Elm 47

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Ironman92

I think we played our tails off from 4:15 of the 2nd quarter on. That is when we called timeout down 20-8. It was 43-42 Jackson with 1:45 or so to go and I think the effort was totally there throughout the 4th. The one thing I will disagree with you on is I’ve seen you say things about being tougher or that we didn’t play as hard in the 4th as we did the 2nd and 3rd. I believe that is result based. A few more made shots at the rim and we escape with the win and it wouldn’t have meant that we played harder than Jackson did in the 4th. I guess I’m saying that I don’t believe the tougher team won or the “team who wants it more” always wins. I believe both teams laid everything on the line in that second half. And one team made a few more shots.

Hopefully we learned from that game and it will point us towards success.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:25 pm Ironman92

I think we played our tails off from 4:15 of the 2nd quarter on. That is when we called timeout down 20-8. It was 43-42 Jackson with 1:45 or so to go and I think the effort was totally there throughout the 4th. The one thing I will disagree with you on is I’ve seen you say things about being tougher or that we didn’t play as hard in the 4th as we did the 2nd and 3rd. I believe that is result based. A few more made shots at the rim and we escape with the win and it wouldn’t have meant that we played harder than Jackson did in the 4th. I guess I’m saying that I don’t believe the tougher team won or the “team who wants it more” always wins. I believe both teams laid everything on the line in that second half. And one team made a few more shots.

Hopefully we learned from that game and it will point us towards success.
I knew as I typed that it might be read that way. My apologies. 20-8 is when you guys picked it up....wedidnt match the intensity and physicality. My posts I think reflected that and stopped saying “stronger” as we went to Davis a couple times and it was just a back and forth battle from there. I should have noted WCH never stopped playing that hard throughout the end because they didn’t. I thought Jackson finally matched it and were smarter on their end with it (not saying smarter than WCH) I noted that Washington missed some layups you expect them to make and it would’ve been even tighter. It was a tough road battle as expected and when you guys started playing more physical and a little harder...stronger was just my word of choice. No slight meant in any way.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I know you don’t mean anything negative. And hey — the
winners write the narrative you know?

I loved that game. We lost and it still was the best game of the year. Basketball is a game where you have to be willing to have your heart broken. Some teams lose without pushing everything into the center of the table.

I think Friday night was one where both teams were “All in!”

Connor and Max talked about seeding afterwards. Connor wanted to make sure Max knew that if things progressed logically (you don’t lose 2 or something crazy) that he would vote Jackson at least 1 line higher than he voted Washington. Daggone son has fairness issues that i can’t seem to overcome.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

This has the potential to be a good game. Logan Elm, I'm sure will be ready to take the court, after a tough game with Amanda. Court House is having a very nice bounce back season.

TravisHill222
Freshman Team

Post by TravisHill222 »

This game might not happen tomorrow night with the bitter cold moving in

TravisHill222
Freshman Team

Post by TravisHill222 »

Will this game be on the radio tomorrow night

TravisHill222
Freshman Team

Post by TravisHill222 »

This game and other games shouldn’t even be played tonight due to the bitter cold weather

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

TravisHill222 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:40 pm This game and other games shouldn’t even be played tonight due to the bitter cold weather
Put on some gloves, a hat, and a jacket.

BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Post by BUCKEYES »

Travis why do you care I'm sure you won't be there anyway. At least until we have a new school taller players and a new coach.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Good luck to Washington CH tonight

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

We are playing inside so weather..... not a factor

Half of JV game
LE 24
WCH 12

Starkey has 19 for LE.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

JV Final

LE 37
WCH 25

Starkey ended with 25 for LE.

BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Post by BUCKEYES »

Varsity game LE 31 WCH 14

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

That darn Stiverson

BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Post by BUCKEYES »

40 to 27 after 3 LE

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Final

LE 51
WCH 42

31-14 at half. WCH got within 6 with 3:00 to go at 43-37

LE made 8 3s and was 7-11 in the first half.

LE 14-17-9-11=51
WCH 7-7-13-15=42

LE Scoring
Chalfin 15
Sailor 13
Ward 11
Wietelman 8
Baldwin 2
Harrington 2

WCH scoring
Tayese 10
Burns 10