Freshman Team

1/25/19 Ironton @ Gallia Academy

Post by SEOAL74 »

Thoughts on this crucial OVC matchup!

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Re: 1/25/19 Ironton @ Gallia Academy

Post by SEOAL74 »

I think Gallia Academy comes out ready to play and advenge their earlier lost at Ironton! Gallia is playing right now some of their best basketball of the season. They finally have learned how to play without Loveday. I’m taking Gallia Academy in this OVC matchup @ home by 10 pts 61 to 51

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Agree that Gallia Academy has finally moved on, and are playing with a lot of confidence right now. Regardless of where they are playing, Ironton with Wilson, Large, and Carrico can be a very tough team to beat on any given night. With the Tigers having 4 league games left after this game, and I think 3 of the games being very winnable, ( At Coal Grove will be very tough ), I think if the Tigers want to possibly get a share of the OVC, that this is a must win for Ironton. It has been shown throughout the year so far, that the OVC is still up for grabs, and that witch ever team can finish playing there best, has a good chance of grabbing at least a share of the league championship. I look for a very intense, hard fought game right to the final buzzer.

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:04 pm Agree that Gallia Academy has finally moved on, and are playing with a lot of confidence right now. Regardless of where they are playing, Ironton with Wilson, Large, and Carrico can be a very tough team to beat on any given night. With the Tigers having 4 league games left after this game, and I think 3 of the games being very winnable, ( At Coal Grove will be very tough ), I think if the Tigers want to possibly get a share of the OVC, that this is a must win for Ironton. It has been shown throughout the year so far, that the OVC is still up for grabs, and that witch ever team can finish playing there best, has a good chance of grabbing at least a share of the league championship. I look for a very intense, hard fought game right to the final buzzer.
Gallia Academy will learn a lot about them selves in these next two weeks playing Ironton, Warren and Coal Grove all at home then going to South Point. Right now Gallia can’t afford to lose anymore games league or non league if they want to get a good seating for Sectional and if they won to win the OVC. Fairland caught Gallia at the right time and made Gallia Academy look really bad because Gallia fell behind early in the game and Then Gallia play a trapping defense that Fairland took advange of because Gallia were always depending on Loveday being back at the rim to protect the basket. Gallia has got over that and are playing their best basketball right now and improving game by game.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think if your a blue devil fan you learn a lot from Friday’s game against ironton. To me you are going to have to rely on defense. I think we are going to have problems keeping call, Blouir and Henry out of foul trouble. If they get in foul trouble how many points are you going to score. I think if ironton gets above 50 they probably win.

The blue devils manage to score 60 they definitely win. Will be a very physical game. Then 24 hours later you get a well oiled sound team in warren. The blue devils will have to get out of the style they play Friday and play there best on Saturday. Very few turnovers and good shot selection and team rebounding to have a shot Saturday.

I think the blue devils need to play best game to date to win Saturday night. I think they may need 70 to win Saturday night.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironton by 4

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

svac83 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:38 pm I think if your a blue devil fan you learn a lot from Friday’s game against ironton. To me you are going to have to rely on defense. I think we are going to have problems keeping call, Blouir and Henry out of foul trouble. If they get in foul trouble how many points are you going to score. I think if ironton gets above 50 they probably win.

The blue devils manage to score 60 they definitely win. Will be a very physical game. Then 24 hours later you get a well oiled sound team in warren. The blue devils will have to get out of the style they play Friday and play there best on Saturday. Very few turnovers and good shot selection and team rebounding to have a shot Saturday.

I think the blue devils need to play best game to date to win Saturday night. I think they may need 70 to win Saturday night.
Gallia is very familiar with Warren they played them a few times in the summer so they have a fill of how to play against them. Gallia beat them every time, but that was with Loveday and this isn’t summer, but they know their players pretty well.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think comparing anything that happens in summer basketball is like comparing what happens in a 7 on 7 in football to what happens during season.

Yes you get to know there athletes but every time I watch summer ball it reminds me of a full court pick up game. Kids get to know kids and get comfortable with there skills. But when teams begin to run there schemes in the season a lot of them look nothing like summer.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I hope we handle warren easily. But don’t think it will happen I think we are more then capable of winning both this weekend. But won’t be a easy task.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

If you had sit down and said I'm going to pick 3 really tough teams these next 3 games, to be able to test our team at this stage of the season, Then I would say that you had picked 3 very worthy opponents.

BigBlue85
Waterboy

Post by BigBlue85 »

The way this team is playing right now I think Ironton is in for a shell shock! Blue Devils get revenge and win this one 66-51
As for Warren...this is not the caliber Warren team we used to see 4+ years ago. While they are still okay let's not make them into something they are not. Devils get this one as well even easier 71-50 Go Blue Bleed Blue

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Have to really stay focused all 4 quarters to beat Warren. Athens hung with them through 3 as well as Alexander. Then Warren ran away with it. They are so well conditioned and well coached.

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

Been waiting for this game since we played them last game. I hope our boys don’t forget how they were treated by the refs at Ironton. I hope lafon knows he is in for a tough game but he will probably get nervous like he does in all close games and blow it! Go Blue Devils!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

GalliaTribe wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:31 am Been waiting for this game since we played them last game. I hope our boys don’t forget how they were treated by the refs at Ironton. I hope lafon knows he is in for a tough game but he will probably get nervous like he does in all close games and blow it! Go Blue Devils!
Oh boy :lol:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

End 1st QTR

Ironton ------- 15
Gallia Acad -- 7

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »