1/25/19 Ironton @ Gallia Academy

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Re: 1/25/19 Ironton @ Gallia Academy

Post by SEOAL74 »

I thought both teams played a great game although Gallia got out to slow starts in both halves of game and kinda cost them a lot of energy to catch up. Gallia missed too many foul shots was a big factor in this game. They missed 2 in regulation that would have won game and 3 in first overtime that would have won game. We know we think kids should step up to line and make every free throw, but they miss them in HS, in College and yes in the pro’ but for Gallia to win close games we have to make free throws. It’s mostly a mental thing missing one adds to the next miss. They just need to step to the line thinking everyone’s going in.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

If the call injury is going to linger they might think about just sitting him tonight. They don’t need it to keep lingering.

1 block 0-3 shooting and like 2 rebounds really hurt him last night but you could tell even in pregame he was in pain.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

SEOAL74 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:14 pm I thought both teams played a great game although Gallia got out to slow starts in both halves of game and kinda cost them a lot of energy to catch up. Gallia missed too many foul shots was a big factor in this game. They missed 2 in regulation that would have won game and 3 in first overtime that would have won game. We know we think kids should step up to line and make every free throw, but they miss them in HS, in College and yes in the pro’ but for Gallia to win close games we have to make free throws. It’s mostly a mental thing missing one adds to the next miss. They just need to step to the line thinking everyone’s going in.
Both Teams missed 10 Foul shots, Ironton 21-31 Gallia Academy 14-24.

Ironton had 24 Fouls and Gallia had 26 of which 3 were intentional and 1 Technical in the Final OT of the game.

FG % - Ironton 19-42 = 45.2 % - Gallia Academy 18-54 = 33.3%

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

It sure didn’t seem to me that Ironton missed 10 foul shots.

blackraider
Riding the Bench

Post by blackraider »

It’s a shame with quality coaches like Harrison and McClellan the fans of Gallia sully the Blue Devils name.

The voice of the PEOPLE
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I will say Gallia can have some unruly fans. I agree 100%. We have 1 year banned some people in the past and other things. But you take the good with the bad. There are also very few teams that travel as well as we do for most sports.

My thing is. This sounds like it is more of a simple solution. The Gallia players should come out of other side of gym so people would not be gathering there. And as far as the visiting team goes there is a door that leads directly to outside. That the visiting team would never even have to come back into the gym. And be a shorter distance

blackraider
Riding the Bench

Post by blackraider »

Agree completely svac83. Like all places, you’ve got a few that ruin it for all the good people.

The voice of the PEOPLE
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

blackraider wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:48 pm Agree completely svac83. Like all places, you’ve got a few that ruin it for all the good people.
I had to have a visit from the athletic director when my son played. And in my own way I guess I was as big of disturbance as the problem but we had a couple of parents that were ripping our coaches ripping everything that wasn’t for there boy. Sometimes even embarrassing I thought there own sons.

I got mad and got in someone’s face and told them they made me ashamed to have a kid on the team and that did they really think they were being a positive role model for there son and the kids around them.

A bunch of parents around me applauded in support of me. My wife calmed me down before I got thrown out. But on Monday I got the call and had to go see principal and athletic director. I was thanked for standing up and saying what was right and they were glad that it happened but if I got in another’s parents face like that again I would be banned for a year.

Since then I sit on the visiting side for basketball usually or away from most parents and for football definitely away from those people.

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:58 pm
SEOAL74 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:14 pm I thought both teams played a great game although Gallia got out to slow starts in both halves of game and kinda cost them a lot of energy to catch up. Gallia missed too many foul shots was a big factor in this game. They missed 2 in regulation that would have won game and 3 in first overtime that would have won game. We know we think kids should step up to line and make every free throw, but they miss them in HS, in College and yes in the pro’ but for Gallia to win close games we have to make free throws. It’s mostly a mental thing missing one adds to the next miss. They just need to step to the line thinking everyone’s going in.
Both Teams missed 10 Foul shots, Ironton 21-31 Gallia Academy 14-24.

Ironton had 24 Fouls and Gallia had 26 of which 3 were intentional and 1 Technical in the Final OT of the game.

FG % - Ironton 19-42 = 45.2 % - Gallia Academy 18-54 = 33.3%
I was referring to the fouls shots at the end of regulation and the first over time. The game was on the line and we could have won the game if we would have made those foul shots. Those are the shots you have to make to close out games to come away with the win.

BigBlue85
Waterboy

Post by BigBlue85 »

blackraider wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:25 pm It’s a shame with quality coaches like Harrison and McClellan the fans of Gallia sully the Blue Devils name.
Are you really being serious?? Wow

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

BigBlue85 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:43 pm
blackraider wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:25 pm It’s a shame with quality coaches like Harrison and McClellan the fans of Gallia sully the Blue Devils name.

Same place that ran out the great Jim Osborne in his later years blackraider. How do you push a guy like OZ out the door?

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

I thought it was a great game by both teams. Very disappointed in how the adults acted after the game. A few of ours were guilty but the worst was coach Lafon and his assistants. I can’t believe how they acted and Coach Lafon should be reported to the OHSAA bc he is on the board of directors through the OHSAA and he is representing them when he acts like that as well. Also, the superintendent of Ironton should be notified of his actions as the boys basketball coach and the athletic director. I’d be ashamed of how him and his staff acted after the ball game if I was from Ironton. If anyone has video of last nights situation I’d report it.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

OZ was one good Coach did not care much for his run and gun style ! But he was a big mans dream !

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Half Slice wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:26 pm
BigBlue85 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:43 pm

Same place that ran out the great Jim Osborne in his later years blackraider. How do you push a guy like OZ out the door?

Oz has come to terms with it. It is high time the rest of you guys do as well. I think it was a mistake but all those people are gone now. You people are just being stupid still mentioning it as a topic of conversation

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

OZ maybe has taken the high road because that’s Jim Osborne. It doesn’t change the fact that Gallia Academy treated a legend in SE Ohio very very poorly. I wouldn’t want such a shameful blot on Gallia Academy’s history discussed either if I was from their.

Just edit out the parts of GA history you don’t like. :roll :roll:

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Half Slice wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:20 pm OZ maybe has taken the high road because that’s Jim Osborne. It doesn’t change the fact that Gallia Academy treated a legend in SE Ohio very very poorly. I wouldn’t want such a shameful blot on Gallia Academy’s history discussed either if I was from their.

I didn’t graduate from Gallia Academy. But I did play for coach Osborne before my parents moved and I graduated from a county school. He would of not came back accepted awards. Recommended Harrison for the jobbto the search committee.

Comes and talks to current athletic director and principal and superintendent on a regular basis. As he said to me once. You can’t hold the next generation to blame for things there parents did.

Just like he doesn’t hold present administration responsible for past.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Gallia Academy is a tough place to coach a lot of politics a lot of BS no matter what sport you coach. I don’t know why a good established coach would ever want to come here.

I totally get that we also support are teams the way a lot of communities don’t. It is who we are no running here.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Politics!!! And BS ! Always told my kid you can't be as good ! You got to be twice as good to play at GA ! And as time goes by and there 1000 point career! I still feel the same !

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

svac83 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:04 pm
Half Slice wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:20 pm OZ maybe has taken the high road because that’s Jim Osborne. It doesn’t change the fact that Gallia Academy treated a legend in SE Ohio very very poorly. I wouldn’t want such a shameful blot on Gallia Academy’s history discussed either if I was from their.

I didn’t graduate from Gallia Academy. But I did play for coach Osborne before my parents moved and I graduated from a county school. He would of not came back accepted awards. Recommended Harrison for the jobbto the search committee.

Comes and talks to current athletic director and principal and superintendent on a regular basis. As he said to me once. You can’t hold the next generation to blame for things there parents did.

Just like he doesn’t hold present administration responsible for past.

What does any of that have to do with telling people on a public forum to not talk about a topic that happened? 🤐🤐 Do they teach about the Holocaust at Gallia Academy or is that taboo also? 🤫🤫🤫🤫

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Half slice your right. I didn’t mean we shouldn’t talk about it. As in act like it did not happen. I meant a lot of things has changed there and everyone from new superintendent through athletic director and boosters have made a point to say things are different and reach out to people who were wronged.

My point should of said let’s not compare what might be happening with coaches now as well as then and act like same people in charge. So why would you expect better treatment now.

Return to “Boys Basketball”