#1 Logan v #2 Wheelersburg

mattash
Site Admin

#1 Logan v #2 Wheelersburg

Post by mattash »

With all the cancellations they might as well throw it on the schedule. I think both teams have room for 1 more game.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: #1 Logan v #2 Wheelersburg

Post by pfloyd »

A great matchup imo ... both teams have their "go to" guy , both teams have 5 guys who can score the ball driving the paint or shooting the 3 ball ... Wheelersburg has a D1 athlete in Holden ... Logan has an outstanding player at the same size 6-5 in Bo Myers, both Myers/Holden averaging around 27ppg ... almost mirror images BUT I give the edge to Logan - the defense of Logan I would put up against anyone's in the SE District ... the basketball IQ edge again I give to Logan ... it would be a great match-up to settle any arguments ie WHS is undefeated, Logan plays a tougher schedule - which they have to since they are not in a league ... both sides can make feasible arguments for their teams for sure ... fun to think about !!!

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Play it at Burg so it will be even

Michael Scott
SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

Logan would win this game by double digits no matter where it was played. Logan plays a lot tougher schedule.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SEOAL74 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:56 pm Logan would win this game by double digits no matter where it was played. Logan plays a lot tougher schedule.
Oh my. Schedule has nothing to do with ability especially saying it would give them double digits. I’ve not seen Logan play. So I wouldn’t know. I’m sure it would be a good game.

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:04 pm
SEOAL74 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:56 pm Logan would win this game by double digits no matter where it was played. Logan plays a lot tougher schedule.
Oh my. Schedule has nothing to do with ability especially saying it would give them double digits. I’ve not seen Logan play. So I wouldn’t know. I’m sure it would be a good game.
If Wheelersburg would have played the schedule Logan played they wouldn’t be undefeated I sure Wheelersburg is a good team but in Logan you have a Division 1 team who is not only a division 1 team but very good one. Wheelersburg is I believe a division 3 school and a very good division 3 school who will go far in tourney.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Has to played at Burg with that Portsmouth crew :lol:

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

So you say Logan, whose OHSAA enrollment is 500 compared to Wheelersburg’s 175 would only when by 10 points? I like those odds!! It would be nice to see them play.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:59 pm
So you say Logan, whose OHSAA enrollment is 500 compared to Wheelersburg’s 175 would only when by 10 points? I like those odds!! It would be nice to see them play.
when lol

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

SEOAL74 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:46 pm
If Wheelersburg would have played the schedule Logan played they wouldn’t be undefeated I sure Wheelersburg is a good team but in Logan you have a Division 1 team who is not only a division 1 team but very good one. Wheelersburg is I believe a division 3 school and a very good division 3 school who will go far in tourney.
this year this year

Having seen Burg play 3 out of there last 4 games, only saw Logan play Gallipolis, I do think the tougher schedule would come into play. Myers and Holden would get there pts regardless. One of the big things to me might be the other 4 starters for each team, plus the bench. I'm also not as sold on Burgs defense, as I am on there offense. From watching Logan last year, and only 1 game this year, I do think they play very good tough team defense.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I do think the tougher schedule would most certainly come into play, as it does most of the time. I've watched Burg 3 out of there last 4 games, and I give them credit for being able to find a way to be able to get wins in all 3 games, even though it has been a struggle at times. I think that Myers and Holden would get there points regardless if the 2 teams played, the difference might be in the other 4 starters and the bench. I've only watched Logan 1 time ( Gallipolis ) so far this year, The big difference to me is that Logan plays very good tough team defense. Burgs defense doesn't show me as much as there offense does. Teams playing Logan, you have to work very hard to score, as there defense does not slack off at any time.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Early odds show Logan -6

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I would take Burg +6 at home

I would take Logan -12 at home

Michael Scott
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:57 pm

I do think the tougher schedule would most certainly come into play, as it does most of the time. I've watched Burg 3 out of there last 4 games, and I give them credit for being able to find a way to be able to get wins in all 3 games, even though it has been a struggle at times. I think that Myers and Holden would get there points regardless if the 2 teams played, the difference might be in the other 4 starters and the bench. I've only watched Logan 1 time ( Gallipolis ) so far this year, The big difference to me is that Logan plays very good tough team defense. Burgs defense doesn't show me as much as there offense does. Teams playing Logan, you have to work very hard to score, as there defense does not slack off at any time.
Sorry for the double post.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Imagine that, DI Logan wanting to play a DIII team.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Have there been a lot of cancellations? I know down south it's just been rain.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:32 pm Imagine that, DI Logan wanting to play a DIII team.
It is Matt's topic not someone from Logan wanting to play The Burg

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

So? The thread is about who would win against each other not who would have the best record with Logan’s schedule.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

mattash wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:14 pm I would take Burg +6 at home

I would take Logan -12 at home
-20 at Logan
+ 6 at burg

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the thread was never about who would win between the 2 teams, it was all about both teams having a game to come up with to make 22 ... that it would be fun to have the 2 top teams in the Southeast District get together and play ... not a comparison of schedules or who would win ...just fantasizing a "why don't the powers that be with the 2 schools get together and play a game" LOL ... not happening - Logan schedules UP Rte 33 in the land of the OCC ... as much as the fans in the SE District would want to see this one it doesn't fit the criteria for Logan scheduling the last 2- 3 years ... as the thoughts are to schedule games that will prepare LHS for the OCC division 1 post season party ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”