noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #7

Post by noreply66 »

Must be something you know all about.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth is 6-11 after a tough 57-56 loss at South Point. The Trojans played much more competitive basketball last night than they did the previous week (outscored by 80 points in 4 games), and I was very pleased with their effort. Play like that and an upset of a higher seed at Waverly could be in the offing.

South Point could also be trouble for someone in the Jackson sectional. The Pointers are the only team to beat Fairland in the OVC.

GO TROJANS!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

trojandave wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:26 pm Portsmouth is 6-11 after a tough 57-56 loss at South Point. The Trojans played much more competitive basketball last night than they did the previous week (outscored by 80 points in 4 games), and I was very pleased with their effort. Play like that and an upset of a higher seed at Waverly could be in the offing.

South Point could also be trouble for someone in the Jackson sectional. The Pointers are the only team to beat Fairland in the OVC.

GO TROJANS!!!
trojandave , do you know if Fox played for SP when they beat Fairland ? ... from what I have read on seops , Fox is now out for the season ?

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

pfloyd: I don't think he played vs. Fairland because he got injured very early in the season. From what I heard last night, he apparently won't be back. It's a shame because if he were healthy, the Pointers would be a very good team with him. I think they could still pull off an upset at the Jackson sectional.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Fox is out. I spoke with Coach Wise's father at North Adam's Young Classic and his cousin and now he has an infection and will not be back. Hate to hear anything like this for any ball player

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’ll go with this for the next rankings

1. Logan
2. Burg
3. Chilly
4. Sheridan
5. Zane Trace
6. Eastern Pike
7. Warren
8. Fairland

Jackson, Alexander, Washington, Waverly all pretty near

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

...saw where Chillicothe lost at home to the University of UA tonight 49-55 ... I looked at the UA roster - BIG boys multiple 6-7/6-8 kids (although MAXPreps at times gives misleading info) ... although , if UA goes by the OCC "template" they have "solid" big or bigs in the paint, athletic wings and fundamentally sound pg who can shot the trey along with the wings ... patient offensively ... yada yada yada ... I would imagine the Logan staff was there tonight as the Chiefs visit the Hat this coming Tuesday night to play the Cavs ... anyone with specifics on tonight's game between Chilli & UA ?

cavsbkb
Riding the Bench

Post by cavsbkb »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:12 pm ...saw where Chillicothe lost at home to the University of UA tonight 49-55 ... I looked at the UA roster - BIG boys multiple 6-7/6-8 kids (although MAXPreps at times gives misleading info) ... although , if UA goes by the OCC "template" they have "solid" big or bigs in the paint, athletic wings and fundamentally sound pg who can shot the trey along with the wings ... patient offensively ... yada yada yada ... I would imagine the Logan staff was there tonight as the Chiefs visit the Hat this coming Tuesday night to play the Cavs ... anyone with specifics on tonight's game between Chilli & UA ?
Great basketball game. Was tied at end of 3rd quarter. UA had a 10-0 run in middle of 4th and they out scored us 18-12 in 4th. Another close game for the young CAVS against top D1 opponents. Cavs were led in scoring by tre beard with 18pts, jayvon maughmer and brandon noel both had 12pts. UA best player back in line up after being out for several games. Hopefully will be another good game next week when Logan comes to town. If i remember correctly the last game between chilly and logan was battle as well!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Pfloyd, next week Peebles plays two teams with some big 6'7" bodies in Fayetteville at home Tuesday,Clermont with their 6'7" super Sophmore and 6'5" forward on Wednesday at home. Manchester at Manchester, then they close out the week playing tvc Federal Hocking who I know nothing about. Hopefully my youthfull Indians can hold serve and ready themselves for the one and done.One thing is sure,these boys will all be back next year and most at least two seasons. The future looks good. Go Indians.

General knowledge
Waterboy

Post by General knowledge »

All very true points

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

about time for week 8

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mattash wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:11 am about time for week 8
... LOL , no snow to cancel games Saturday soooooo I was on the road watching games last night - didn't start my work on the Elite 8 - that starts NOW ! ... looking at 4pm or a little later for this weeks Elite 8 by the time the committee meets/records all of the games from this past week/looks at who played who, who beat who, past wins over teams/past losses to teams/putting all of the games on the Big Board THEN starting to rank the 72 teams top to bottom ... takes some time BUT there's plenty of coffee , animal crackers to keep the committee happy ... 4'ish ...

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:05 pm
... LOL , no snow to cancel games Saturday soooooo I was on the road watching games last night - didn't start my work on the Elite 8 - that starts NOW ! ... looking at 4pm or a little later for this weeks Elite 8 by the time the committee meets/records all of the games from this past week/looks at who played who, who beat who, past wins over teams/past losses to teams/putting all of the games on the Big Board THEN starting to rank the 72 teams top to bottom ... takes some time BUT there's plenty of coffee , animal crackers to keep the committee happy ... 4'ish ...
I'll help you out. ;)

Fairland's Resume
  • Quality Wins
    Jackson - pfloyd #8 (45-41) @Chesapeake HS
    Coal Grove x2 - pfloyd #14 (51-46) & (61-41)
    Ironton x2 - pfloyd #15 (58-51) & (30-28)
    @ Gallia Academy - pfloyd #15 (69-44)
    @ Chesapeake - pfloyd #22 (56-47)
    West Union - pfloyd #27 (43-29) @North Adams HS
    @ South Webster - pfloyd #29 (51-38)
  • Quality Losses
    Dublin Coffman - AP Div I #3 (50-73) @Thomas Worthington HS
    Eastern Pike - AP Div III #11 & pfloyd #6 (52-54 OT) @Portsmouth HS
    Dublin Jerome - Div I (45-63) @Thomas Worthington HS

Opponents (To Date) Combined W-L Record: 129-84

Post by mattash »

Whats the hold up? lol

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

He always has it done Sunday evening. He puts a ton of time into it. He’s always at a late Saturday game.

We have to be patient. I like to throw out my top 8 while waiting for his more in depth rankings. Maybe do something like that on here while you wait. I used to do one also and it takes a lot to get it all coordinated. Your standings and team schedules are helpful, used to be even tougher.

General knowledge
Waterboy

Post by General knowledge »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:23 pm
General knowledge wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:50 pm Pfloyd is so bias. He goes to one Sheridan game and thinks he knows it all. Caught them on a bad night. Watch more basketball other than the southeast. You must have forgotten the MVL produced a state championship a couple years ago. The league is always tough at the top(John Glenn, Tri Valley, Sheridan, Maysville, Morgan). I bet most southeast teams wouldn’t go better than 500 against it.
... thank you for your valuable input ... "thinks he knows it all" ? - about ? - Sheridan? ... caught them on a bad night ? obviously - they lost BUT I do get it - it was the Generals 2nd straight loss - 2 bad nights in a row? - it happens ... I go to see teams in the Southeast because I rank the teams in the Southeast based on what I know and what I have seen - 72 teams is more than enough to keep track of imo ... I try my best to call them as I see them, trying NOT to be bias one way or another, for one team vs another team ... not sure how YOU can determine that I think I know it all - that implies that YOU know it all - and maybe you do - I'll give you the benefit of the doubt ... I will be the first to admit that I DON'T know it all - one reason I go see teams multiple times if possible - especially the good teams , the top 25-30 teams ... records don't tell the whole story, seeing teams, seeing how they play, seeing how they are coached, etc. - gives ME more information about the teams and helps to sidestep the "caught them on a bad night" situation ... apparently you don't agree with something I've posted - get in line ... the website itself, posting rankings - is built on the premise that posters will not always agree on what they see or what has been posted ... so I will go out on a limb and say that YOU do not agree with something I posted ... jumping to another even longer limb - you disagree with something I posted about Sheridan ... I'll stop there since I DON'T know everything ...

... I thank you again for your insightful input, I will strive to do better, I WILL see Sheridan again in the next 3 weeks ... hopefully catching them on a better night ... as far as viewing schools outside the Southeast - my loss - THAT "ain't" going to happen ... I'll have to continue to be MVL/East District/Central District deprived - my cross to bear as I KNOW there are excellent teams/basketball outside the SE District ...
Not coming on here to toot my own horn but I told you so

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

General knowledge wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:47 pm
pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:23 pm
General knowledge wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:50 pm Pfloyd is so bias. He goes to one Sheridan game and thinks he knows it all. Caught them on a bad night. Watch more basketball other than the southeast. You must have forgotten the MVL produced a state championship a couple years ago. The league is always tough at the top(John Glenn, Tri Valley, Sheridan, Maysville, Morgan). I bet most southeast teams wouldn’t go better than 500 against it.
... thank you for your valuable input ... "thinks he knows it all" ? - about ? - Sheridan? ... caught them on a bad night ? obviously - they lost BUT I do get it - it was the Generals 2nd straight loss - 2 bad nights in a row? - it happens ... I go to see teams in the Southeast because I rank the teams in the Southeast based on what I know and what I have seen - 72 teams is more than enough to keep track of imo ... I try my best to call them as I see them, trying NOT to be bias one way or another, for one team vs another team ... not sure how YOU can determine that I think I know it all - that implies that YOU know it all - and maybe you do - I'll give you the benefit of the doubt ... I will be the first to admit that I DON'T know it all - one reason I go see teams multiple times if possible - especially the good teams , the top 25-30 teams ... records don't tell the whole story, seeing teams, seeing how they play, seeing how they are coached, etc. - gives ME more information about the teams and helps to sidestep the "caught them on a bad night" situation ... apparently you don't agree with something I've posted - get in line ... the website itself, posting rankings - is built on the premise that posters will not always agree on what they see or what has been posted ... so I will go out on a limb and say that YOU do not agree with something I posted ... jumping to another even longer limb - you disagree with something I posted about Sheridan ... I'll stop there since I DON'T know everything ...

... I thank you again for your insightful input, I will strive to do better, I WILL see Sheridan again in the next 3 weeks ... hopefully catching them on a better night ... as far as viewing schools outside the Southeast - my loss - THAT "ain't" going to happen ... I'll have to continue to be MVL/East District/Central District deprived - my cross to bear as I KNOW there are excellent teams/basketball outside the SE District ...
Not coming on here to toot my own horn but I told you so
"toot ! toot !" ...

... looking forward to seeing the Generals with the opportunity to get to the Show ! best of luck to Ethan Heller, Grant Heileman, Brandon Russell, Luken Hill, Costa Coconus, Adam Boyle, Ethan Malone & Co. !!! it's right there in front of you tonight - seize the moment Generals ! Hoops Fans Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line are with you ! - pfloyd

Return to “Boys Basketball”