Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #7

TravisHill222
Freshman Team

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #7

Post by TravisHill222 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:16 pm
Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:55 pm
TravisHill222 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:15 pm Pfloyd do non league games against teams from other states count
ALL games “count”.
... all games "count" but those foreign teams, playing UP games vs C'bus,Cleveland, Dayton those losses do not drop a team like a brick BUT I usually will ask the question "how would the other teams in the district do against THIS competition/team foreign or domestic?" ... it also depends on the team from the SE District who is playing up or out of state (so the record/season performance does play into determining how I look at a team ... you will see most of the time when any team is playing up/out and take a loss and it has very little effect on the teams ranking) ... I know that makes it as clear as mud right?!!
Yes it does

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Great List as always Pfloyd.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Logan's game for the Route 40 Classic tomorrow against Hartley has been cancelled as well.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

The Menu of Key Games to choose from to point PFLOYD1 this week ...

Monday :

Logan vs Hartley at the Rte 40 Classic - apparently Hartley backed out ...

Tuesday:

Athens vs Marietta
Warren vs Alexander
Logan Elm vs Fairfield Union
Ironton vs Fairland
South Point vs Chesapeake

Wednesday:

Mount Vernon vs Logan

Friday:

Trimble vs South Gallia
Chillicothe vs McClain
Washington CH vs Jackson
Eastern Pike vs Western Pike (Rd. 3)
Coal Grove vs Fairland
Gallia vs Ironton
Eastern Brown vs North Adams
St Charles vs Logan

Saturday :

Chillicothe vs Upper Arlington
Fairfield Union vs Hamilton Twp

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the Pfloyd Tour for 2018-19 for the Week that IS ...

Tuesday:
Warren vs Alexander

Friday:
Trimble vs South Gallia

Saturday:
Wellston vs New Boston

... thought I should see some D4 action prior to Basketball Thirty at the Convo ...

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Symmes Valley @ 59 big win over 12-3 Western on the road last week and almost knocked off St. Joe on the road coming on strong.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Logan is now down 2 games - the weather wiped out the game Saturday with Marion Franklin and then today Bishop Hartley backed out at the Rte. 40 Classic ... Logan will go into the game on Wednesday night at Mt.Vernon after 8 days off again having not played since Jan 15th - the last time the Purple had 8 days off they were beaten at Gahanna Lincoln ...

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

mattash wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:40 am Symmes Valley @ 59 big win over 12-3 Western on the road last week and almost knocked off St. Joe on the road coming on strong.
I am interested to hear from a non bias point of view on what people thought of the officiating of this game. I am in no way saying that’s the reason why western lost. However, I am really having a hard time wondering how Western’s three best players all sit over half the game due to foul trouble. I have been to every game this year, and they have only had one kid foul out all year. Not only has only one kid fouled out, but Lane Brewster and Alex Humphrey have not been in foul trouble like they were Friday, all year. Lane fouled out with 5 minutes to go, and he picked up his 3rd in the first half. The Humphrey kid and the JOrdan kid both had 4 fouls the entire 4th. While no one else on Westerns team had committed a foul until the 4th quarter.

The officials seemed very arrogant, and they were okay with Symmes Valley coach riding them, but when Coach Fitch became upset about the third foul on Brewster he was immediately T’d. This game just seemed off and very lopsided in terms of officiating.

Again, I’m a Western fan, and I don’t think they lost because of the officials, they didn’t make the plays when they had too. But I do think it was a factor. Interested to here any thoughts!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

This is the time of the year when someone who has either been injured all year or just becomes confident and steps up to boost a team to a different level. At this time of the year a junior can be level wise playing like a senior. I've seen it in the past where that one player lifts a sub , .500 team to district levels.Ive also seen an unknown reserve step up and give a team that boost they needed ,but; didn't know how he could contribute. By the same token illness,breaking team rules and God forbid injuries can devistate a team.Moral of the story: don't look past any team this late in the season. To the players if you get in the game you don't have to do it all. It's a team game. If you are in there you need to make a difference. Teams win and lose together. Never look too far ahead.Good luck!!!!

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Looks good pfloyd. I agree with ironman92 that Jackson should've been out of top 8....3 losses in a row...no matter who to is still 3 losses. Unless the Oaks find that 3rd consistant scorer, I can see them going lower in the rankings.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
basketball12349
Riding the Bench

Post by basketball12349 »

Hey pfloyd lets just say that Alexander beats Warren. Not saying it will happen. But if it happens to what would that do for Alexander then being 12-1? Top 8?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

basketball12349 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:38 pm Hey pfloyd lets just say that Alexander beats Warren. Not saying it will happen. But if it happens to what would that do for Alexander then being 12-1? Top 8?
... yep ... they will have earned/played/picked up W's that can't keep them out of the top 8 ... they would need to hold serve the rest of the week of course but the Spartans ARE close enough to the Top to leap frog in with a W ... could get crowded in the Elite 8 as McClain plays Chillicothe and Washington CH entertains Jackson ... fun week !!! ... pfloyd will be at the WarriorDome to watch Warren vs Alexander tomorrow night - another opportunity for Alexander to make a positive impression on the committee - my 3rd time to put eyes on the Spartans ... from what I've read Caleb Terry has made his presence felt more in the last week or so of games ... I want to see for myself again ... best of luck to both teams tomorrow night !

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

time to start making moves for the seeding of the tourney! Some nice matchups this weekend and some great basketball ahead, My hats off to all of you for the great information...Go Trojans

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the Pfloyd Tour for 2018-19 for the Week that IS ... some changes in the lineup of games - weather related moves ...

Tuesday:
Warren vs Alexander ... Alexander's 2nd opportunity vs an Elite 8 team this season (losing to Athens in Athens in Dec. 39-49)

Wednesday :

Logan Elm vs Fairfield Union ... FU on a roll , winners of 6 straight ... on the road at LE - never an easy task to come out with a W ...

Friday:
Trimble vs South Gallia ... looking forward to seeing Coach Howie Caldwell & his young Tomcats ...

Saturday:
Wellston vs New Boston ... Want to see the Tigers this season before the post season - Caldwell/Sexton putting up BIG numbers this season ...

... my kind of week coming up ! Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday games for the pfloyd tour ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Wow ... heading to Glouster??? Nice.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:43 pm Wow ... heading to Glouster??? Nice.
... I haven't gotten to see Trimble or say hello to Howie yet this season - I always like to see Coach Caldwell's teams going back to his Reedsville Eastern teams ... Trimble @ 9-2 vs 11-4 South Gallia should be a good one to see in the small school division ...

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Several SE District teams appeared in today's releasing of the state AP poll.

Logan is ranked #10 in D1.

Sheridan is ranked #7 in D2.
Zane Trace is ranked #13 in D2.

Wheelersburg is ranked #2 in D3.
Beaver Eastern is ranked #12 in D3.
Alexander is ranked #13 in D3.

Trimble is ranked #9 in D4.

http://highschoolsports.cleveland.com/n ... rea-teams/

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... glad to see so many teams from Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line getting a mention ...they have Wheelersburg at 16-0 ... granted they will probably BE 16-0 at some point but they aren't there yet ... 13-0 and counting ... Logan getting looks now after the "W" over Pickerington North ... D3 getting some recognition outside of SE Ohio - nice ... good stuff, thanks for sharing Chieftain2009!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:03 pm
... I haven't gotten to see Trimble or say hello to Howie yet this season - I always like to see Coach Caldwell's teams going back to his Reedsville Eastern teams ... Trimble @ 9-2 vs 11-4 South Gallia should be a good one to see in the small school division ...
Be interesting to see your analysis.

Not sure if those records reflect how good each team is - or how down DIV is as a whole (opponents)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:02 am
pfloyd wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:03 pm
Be interesting to see your analysis.

Not sure if those records reflect how good each team is - or how down DIV is as a whole (opponents)
..exactly what I want to find out 93dog !...

Return to “Boys Basketball”