South Webster 66 Valley 45

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

South Webster 66 Valley 45

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Webster just came out and dominated the game tonight . Was a 30 point game until the Jeeps cleared the bench in the 4th. Good win

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Re: South Webster 66 Valley 45

Post by LucasDavenport »

The Jeeps schedule gets a little easier for the next few weeks. Hopefully SW gets on a roll and goes into the tournament with momentum!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Jeeps might get beat in Sectionals or run all the way to Regionals. Still not sure with this team.*

Jeep/pirate
Waterboy

Post by Jeep/pirate »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:14 am Jeeps might get beat in Sectionals or run all the way to Regionals. Still not sure with this team.*
Isn’t this the truth!!!! I hate to word thing like this. But -I’d chalk up 4-5 of this years losses on TERRIBLE coaching. They may be the most talented team in the SOC burg included and take Ls to bad teams because of poor preparation and X and Os

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Oh? Right I forgot the best player in The district missed a whole month of ball

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Losses to
Burg
Waverly
Fairland
Green. With Blevins

Losses to
South Point
West
Valley
Oak Hill. Without Blevins.

I think that’s fair. I don’t think it’s because of terrible coaching.

tartanterror_0eight
Waterboy

Post by tartanterror_0eight »

Jeep/pirate wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:06 am
art_vandelay wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:14 am Jeeps might get beat in Sectionals or run all the way to Regionals. Still not sure with this team.*
Isn’t this the truth!!!! I hate to word thing like this. But -I’d chalk up 4-5 of this years losses on TERRIBLE coaching. They may be the most talented team in the SOC burg included and take Ls to bad teams because of poor preparation and X and Os
Pump the breaks Campbell, if you’ve got an axe to grind please do it elsewhere.

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

Dumb post. What an idiotic statement. Jeep/Pirate? Can’t be both

Making offers you can't refuse
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I’m glad others find that post incorrect.

Brenton stepped up and helped this program at a tough time.

When you lose a player like Blevins it takes a while to adjust roles. Then on top of it you aren’t sure when you are going to get him back. It is mentally tough on everyone.

I watched the Oak Hill game and thought the Jeeps had a good plan.

I believe The Jeeps will get on a roll here and things should fall into place. Tonight’s game vs Portsmouth is a good opportunity.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

LucasDavenport wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:23 pm Losses to
Burg - Top team in SoOh
Waverly - Can play with anyone on the right night, took us to overtime after Blevins injury in the first game

Fairland - one of the first games of the season , fairland was hot
Green. A good team with a dynamite scorer With Blevins

Losses to
South Point - OT loss @ SP, sp hit like 3 big threes in the OT
West - one of the first games without him, we struggled
Valley - we saw how this one planned out last night with no scoring in the paint with SB on the floor

Oak Hill - went back and forth all game and pulled away right at the end... oak hill is a good as always. No shame in that game. Without Blevins.

I think that’s fair. I don’t think it’s because of terrible coaching.
Just typing some notes here. Did people forget Coach Cole has a ring? Did people forget our point guard and two key players didn’t return this season? Webster lost a bunch of games last year too. That’s what we get for playing in the big boy division

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Game today Swanker?

3:00 start. Jv at 3:00? Or varsity only

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

I'd add my comment above had nothing to do about coaching. Staff can't go out there and play defense for them. It about the players finishing winnable games in crunch time. Looks like they are starting to do so with wins over valley last night and phs today after the tough 3 game stretch.*

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:38 pm I'd add my comment above had nothing to do about coaching. Staff can't go out there and play defense for them. It about the players finishing winnable games in crunch time. Looks like they are starting to do so with wins over valley last night and phs today after the tough 3 game stretch.*
Agree art. Looks like the Jeeps are starting to realize their defensive potential and that makes them a very dangerous team in the league and of course in D4.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Jeep/pirate
Waterboy

Post by Jeep/pirate »

tartanterror_0eight wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:33 pm
Pump the breaks Campbell, if you’ve got an axe to grind please do it elsewhere.
I like my new name!!!. I’ll run with that but just add the soup!! But on the side note of my statement. Me blaming coaching on some losses doesn’t mean I dislike or have any negative feelings on how the SW staff coaches. Coaches very well lose and win games for teams everyday. Doesn’t mean they are bad coaches.Did Pete Carroll lose the super bowl for the Seahawks?? Hell yeah he did!! They learn just like players. Considering he’s mid way in year 2? Those coaches are gonna have some bad moments and good ones. Don’t be so sensitive I attended 3 of the losses and I’m entitled to my opinion. I watched it unfold before my eyes. Yes he did in fact rise to the occasion when they needed someone to takeover the program. Yes they work their hind ends off but doesn’t mean they can’t be criticized when they make mistakes. I’ve been tearing into Ater and Barrick for years and do same with the football staff. Again don’t be sensitive. This got silly

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

On behalf of the South Webster delegation we would like to respectfully announce that said poster above is a little bit of an idiot.

Return to “Boys Basketball”