Athens @ VC 1/18

VisionQuest
All State

Athens @ VC 1/18

Post by VisionQuest »

Thoughts on this one? VC coming off a loss to Alex and Athens coming off a win over RV. Wonder if Eli Griffith will be a go after an ankle injury at Alex 10 minutes in. Could be another long night for VC if they don’t have the Big guy. Seems over the last couple years Athens has come away with wins at VC but lost at home. Is this the year Athens goes 2-0?

koondoger
JV Team

Re: Athens @ VC 1/18

Post by koondoger »

VisionQuest wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:30 pm Thoughts on this one? VC coming off a loss to Alex and Athens coming off a win over RV. Wonder if Eli Griffith will be a go after an ankle injury at Alex 10 minutes in. Could be another long night for VC if they don’t have the Big guy. Seems over the last couple years Athens has come away with wins at VC but lost at home. Is this the year Athens goes 2-0?
"Is this the year Athens goes 2-0?" you ask. Well if not someone should be handed some walking papers IMO. If you don't out coach'em when they're way down you'll never out coach'em. Of course if those "danged Glouster refs" are involved all bets are off. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Friday's game can be heard live on 970wath or 970wath.com

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Idc buy how much, just hoping to leave VC with a win. It’s always a wild game at Vinton County

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Athens will win big--if the play hard--I heard that Eli is out for a while---Should be an easy one for Athens.

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

Playing at VC will make you prove your worth. Combs is a great coach and probably learned a lot about Athens from the first game. He usually adjusts well and up to the Bulldogs to weather the storm. I look for this to be very close. Going to be a rough road game but I think the Bulldogs might be able to pull it out. Heard Williams might not be available for a while. Is this rumor or fact?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Combs is a very good coach, and I'm sure that he will have a very good game plan. I'm just afraid that he's not only short handed this year, but doesn't have the talent that VC is accustomed to having every year. I would say that VC will give great effort, but that Athens is just more talented this year.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:31 pm Combs is a very good coach, and I'm sure that he will have a very good game plan. I'm just afraid that he's not only short handed this year, but doesn't have the talent that VC is accustomed to having every year. I would say that VC will give great effort, but that Athens is just more talented this year.
The only team that can beat Athens in this game is Athens. Well, unless those "danged Glouster refs" have the game. They could beat Athens, but VC cannot do it alone. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

koondoger wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:44 pm
VetteMan wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:31 pm Combs is a very good coach, and I'm sure that he will have a very good game plan. I'm just afraid that he's not only short handed this year, but doesn't have the talent that VC is accustomed to having every year. I would say that VC will give great effort, but that Athens is just more talented this year.
The only team that can beat Athens in this game is Athens. Well, unless those "danged Glouster refs" have the game. They could beat Athens, but VC cannot do it alone. :mrgreen:
You're probably right! I'll have to catch one of the games that these Glouster refs do.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:53 pm
koondoger wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:44 pm
You're probably right! I'll have to catch one of the games that these Glouster refs do.
They're infamous. Just ask any self respecting Athens fan. Or coach. :mrgreen:

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

You think 93 Bulldog would have an opinion ?

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

I'll let you ask him that. :mrgreen:

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Saw some things tonight that had me scratching my head. I better leave it at that. Now back to my YOGA breathing exercises. Have to channel my inner peace after this loss and lower my blood pressure. LOL.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

VisionQuest wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:29 pm Saw some things tonight that had me scratching my head. I better leave it at that. Now back to my YOGA breathing exercises. Have to channel my inner peace after this loss and lower my blood pressure. LOL.
It’s always wild in VC. I didn’t get to go but the TVC tightened back up

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Boy my picking winners for the day certainly went up in smoke. I just knew that I had a winner here as well as Jackson over Hillsboro.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

vcgrad wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:50 am Athens will win big--if the play hard--I heard that Eli is out for a while---Should be an easy one for Athens.
Hmmm. Eli must have healed awful quick, since he started. LOL. Good one!

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Athens now 1-4 v schools their size. And what a great job by Coach Combs, especially since visionquest promised us that Combs was retiring last year.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

(2-4)

Wins over VC & New Lex
Losses at Waverly, vs Gallia, at Warren and at VC

Elijia Williams did not dress tonight. Pretty big loss. But no excuses, Vikes played a really good game.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:18 pm (2-4)

Wins over VC & New Lex
Losses at Waverly, vs Gallia, at Warren and at VC

Elijia Williams did not dress tonight. Pretty big loss. But no excuses, Vikes played a really good game.
Still hurt? Athens doesn’t have a true point guard outside of him

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Absolute massive win by the Vikings! Great job finding a way to hold on after pretty much having their way in the first half. Having watched this team through the year, there’s one thing for certain.. these boys have the ability to beat anyone they face. They also have had lapses that could cause them to lose to anyone they face. 7-5 (5-3) isn’t too bad for a team that only brought back 1 player with any real varsity experience! Keep believing fellas!

Return to “Boys Basketball”