Wheelersburg vs Oak Hill, 1/18/19

thebarlowbandit
All State

Re: Wheelersburg vs Oak Hill, 1/18/19

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:25 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:21 pm
SOC94 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:15 pm Bit of a funny side note. I’ve saw norm, with my own eyes or had been playing, get 3 techicals the entire time I’ve known him and this crew has given him 2 of the 3.
Probably because they aren’t afraid of them. No one wants to listen to that. You wouldn’t let that go down at a place like Walmart. This crew has had several convo games and I think one got a state game. The fouls were 7 to 1 before Oak Hill had to foul.
Oh god that crew is awful. Just shows officials are the good ole boy system
Raider, how do you know crew it was, you were at Vinton County watching your Bullpuppies fall to 1-4 v DII competition. No worries though, you get several more small schools to pick on down the stretch. And love it when you comment about officiating and were not even at the game.

thebarlowbandit
All State

SOC94 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:26 pm Convo, state game, idc we can argue till we are blue in the face but I didn’t like this crew when I was in school and they are still just as bad.
My gawd, blame the officials! Your team just isn’t that good, so let’s blame someone. I’ve got $200 says you couldn’t do a full season of basketball, probably quit and run to mommy.

thebarlowbandit
All State

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:44 pm
SOC94 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:35 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:30 pm

I’m not trying to argue against you. I’m just saying I’ve seen them up there.
No problem Woby, think Ohio has a problem with lack of good refs. But having seen what refs deal with I don’t blame them for hanging up the whistle.
Yes they do. The one ref that called the Burg-Jackson game on Tuesday called two of the worst fouls on Holden that I've ever witnessed and he has always picked on the Burg's star players for the last 20 years.
Because Holden never fouls, just ask him! Every time it’s called on him he acts like he’s 12 and is all animated. I’m sure if this officiating thing was so easy a stud muffin athlete like yourself would put down his cheeseburger and pick up a whistle. But that would require some like real effort.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:13 pm
SOC94 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:26 pm Convo, state game, idc we can argue till we are blue in the face but I didn’t like this crew when I was in school and they are still just as bad.
My gawd, blame the officials! Your team just isn’t that good, so let’s blame someone. I’ve got $200 says you couldn’t do a full season of basketball, probably quit and run to mommy.
Why $200? Lol

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:07 pm Raider, how do you know crew it was, you were at Vinton County watching your Bullpuppies fall to 1-4 v DII competition. No worries though, you get several more small schools to pick on down the stretch. And love it when you comment about officiating and were not even at the game.
I’m out of the area so no VC game and don’t play dumb. Once someone says that awful crew that did a state finals game, you know exactly who it is

SOC94
Freshman Team

Post by SOC94 »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:19 pm
Why $200? Lol
I’ll gladly take your money. If you read my posts Bandit I plainly stated refs don’t win or lose ball games. You’re just showing your true stupidity by commenting on something you didn’t take the time to read.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:42 pm I was able to listen to the game on the radio and yes the announcers thought it was goaltending, but one play like that shouldn't cost you a game. Didn't OH cut it to at least three maybe even one after that? Sounds like after reading on here OH had the chances just couldn't put it in.

I started listening at the start of the third qtr. and heard that Holden only had one point at half. That must have been some strong defense by the Oaks or did Holden just not shoot much in the first half?
I don't know who you listened to, but I was at the game and Holden had 2 pts at the half on 2 foul shots. Not a fan of either team, just as I was at the Jackson- Burg game. I don't know whether the Refs caused either team to win or lose, but it did cause a pretty big momentum swing when the Goaltending was not called. We can say if if all night long and it will not change the outcome. Just as a fan, and if the Burg fans are being honest, if No24 for OH would have hit even half of the shots ( Lay-Ups ) that he had, it could have been an even tougher game for the Burg to win. Not picking on the kid at all, as he played very hard the whole game. I don't want to use the word ( exposed ) but OH was to a point able to dictate tempo for a large part of the game. Burg loves to get out and run and gun, and they really for the most part was not able to do that. Both teams played very hard and it
was a very hotly contested game. I wish both teams luck the rest of the year, and into the tournament as well.

SOC94
Freshman Team

Post by SOC94 »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:27 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:42 pm I was able to listen to the game on the radio and yes the announcers thought it was goaltending, but one play like that shouldn't cost you a game. Didn't OH cut it to at least three maybe even one after that? Sounds like after reading on here OH had the chances just couldn't put it in.

I started listening at the start of the third qtr. and heard that Holden only had one point at half. That must have been some strong defense by the Oaks or did Holden just not shoot much in the first half?
I don't know who you listened to, but I was at the game and Holden had 2 pts at the half on 2 foul shots. Not a fan of either team, just as I was at the Jackson- Burg game. I don't know whether the Refs caused either team to win or lose, but it did cause a pretty big momentum swing when the Goaltending was not called. We can say if if all night long and it will not change the outcome. Just as a fan, and if the Burg fans are being honest, if No24 for OH would have hit even half of the shots ( Lay-Ups ) that he had, it could have been an even tougher game for the Burg to win. Not picking on the kid at all, as he played very hard the whole game. I don't want to use the word ( exposed ) but OH was to a point able to dictate tempo for a large part of the game. Burg loves to get out and run and gun, and they really for the most part was not able to do that. Both teams played very hard and it
was a very hotly contested game. I wish both teams luck the rest of the year, and into the tournament as well.
Like I said earlier in the year, enjoy reading your posts about games. You ,unlike most on here, seem pretty knowledgeable of the game. You don’t just ramble on meaninglessly.

Alwaysanoak
Waterboy

Post by Alwaysanoak »

92falcon wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:56 pm Oak hill fans complaining about officiating, how ironic. Ever watched a game at Oak Hill?
Crybaby😢

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I for one thought the Burg would roll in this one - having seen both teams this season AND knowing that for the Oaks to have a chance they would have to control the tempo of the game - sounds like Coach Persin's troops DID THAT ... I pictured WHS being able to turn the Oaks over on the perimeter ... sounds like Oak Hill did what I personally didn't feel they would be able to do - my hat goes off to Coach Persin and Oaks players for being able to play THEIR game and be in a position ON THE ROAD to get the W - well done ...

tomcat
Riding the Bench

Post by tomcat »

I have watched a few burg games lately and don’t think they are playing good basketball. Oak Hill, Jackson, South Webster and Portsmouth all were close late in the game. In my opinion Burg is much better than these teams and shouldn’t struggle with them. And you can’t make the excuse that football season was long because they were playing better at the beginning of the season. Burg should go undefeated and go far in the tournament, I just didn’t see them struggle this much in this many games.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Does anyone know how hard it is to go undefeated in basketball? Lol. It’s extremely hard. Last night you could tell Holden wasn’t 100%. In fact they took him out a few times in the game when they needed him in there. He’s probably fatigued. Jackson, Webster, and Oak Hill are good teams. It’s amazing they’ve won all of those games. A win is a win. Style points don’t count.

thebarlowbandit
All State

SOC94 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:26 pm

Why $200? Lol
I’ll gladly take your money. If you read my posts Bandit I plainly stated refs don’t win or lose ball games. You’re just showing your true stupidity by commenting on something you didn’t take the time to read.
Then if the officiating doesn’t win or lose games why do you and others spend so much time bashing it. Keyboard warrior and official and I may as well add coaching expert who probably never accomplished anything ever in sports.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:49 am
SOC94 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:26 pm

Why $200? Lol
Then if the officiating doesn’t win or lose games why do you and others spend so much time bashing it. Keyboard warrior and official and I may as well add coaching expert who probably never accomplished anything ever in sports.
I think what a lot of people are saying even though the officials was one sided in the second half oak hill still had a chance to win. If anyone at that game knows anything about basketball they knew what was going on with the officials. This Game was disgraceful to all good, Honest officials that try to do a good job.

You can't handle the truth
langra
Riding the Bench

Post by langra »

And we wonder why there is a shortage of officials in HS sports. Bottom line Burg won. If the officials won this game for Burg who won it for them when they played at Oak Hill. Learn to own your loss and move on to the next game or just throw more Mt Dew bottles at bunch kids wreaking havoc on your team your coaches and your fans

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

langra wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:41 am And we wonder why there is a shortage of officials in HS sports. Bottom line Burg won. If the officials won this game for Burg who won it for them when they played at Oak Hill. Learn to own your loss and move on to the next game or just throw more Mt Dew bottles at bunch kids wreaking havoc on your team your coaches and your fans
[/quote

Not taken up for the bottle throw.
But wonder why everyone talks about burg. :roll:

You can't handle the truth
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

langra wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:41 am And we wonder why there is a shortage of officials in HS sports. Bottom line Burg won. If the officials won this game for Burg who won it for them when they played at Oak Hill. Learn to own your loss and move on to the next game or just throw more Mt Dew bottles at bunch kids wreaking havoc on your team your coaches and your fans
Lol

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

gametime wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:49 am
[/quote

Not taken up for the bottle throw.
But wonder why everyone talks about burg. :roll:
In what way? The fact they point out the truth of the matter.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

SOC94 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:15 pm Bit of a funny side note. I’ve saw norm, with my own eyes or had been playing, get 3 techicals the entire time I’ve known him and this crew has given him 2 of the 3.
I watched him kick a chair across the floor at Wheelersburg back in the 80's. He was promptly ejected. He's been a hot head as long as I've seen him coach.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

During the fan ejection, I watched norm stare down the AD for Burg and say something to him. I’m sure it wasn’t sorry. Fans feed off this type of mentality. I’ve seen a lot of threads this year with Oak Hill involved. He’s a great basketball coach but his legacy will be known as a hit head.

Return to “Boys Basketball”