Wheelersburg vs Oak Hill, 1/18/19

Bradley39
Riding the Bench

Re: Wheelersburg vs Oak Hill, 1/18/19

Post by Bradley39 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:31 pm
Bradley39 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:14 pm An obvious missed goaltending call decided this game. Sick for the Oak Hill players who came to play and flat out wanted it more. Credit to the Burg players for never letting Oak Hill pull away, but once again Wheelersburg is bailed out at home by poor officiating. 9-2 final foul count in the second half after Burg trailed by 3 at halftime. Fishy. Both teams played motivated after the fans were ejected, but Burg’s talent capped the fourth quarter. Hard to imagine Burg losing another game this season and will make a deep tournament run. As for the Oaks, this game may give them momentum as they look to make a tourney run. Unfortunate that the stripes ruin another great game.
Once again. The officials were assigned by the league. Burg has no say. The officials did not decide the game. As far as the goal tend. Could have been but norm is an idiot and his fans feed off of him. Grown men yelling F You several times over and over again and throwing things at a high school basketball game. They need banned.
The “idiot” you refer to has won over 700 games and a state title. Ater could never in his dreams

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Bradley39 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:33 pm
Burgfan/grad85 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:28 pm
Bradley39 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:14 pm An obvious missed goaltending call decided this game. Sick for the Oak Hill players who came to play and flat out wanted it more. Credit to the Burg players for never letting Oak Hill pull away, but once again Wheelersburg is bailed out at home by poor officiating. 9-2 final foul count in the second half after Burg trailed by 3 at halftime. Fishy. Both teams played motivated after the fans were ejected, but Burg’s talent capped the fourth quarter. Hard to imagine Burg losing another game this season and will make a deep tournament run. As for the Oaks, this game may give them momentum as they look to make a tourney run. Unfortunate that the stripes ruin another great game.
Have to agree with some missed calls and bad calls but it definitely went both ways and no way did a missed goal tending call decide this game and I agree it was goal tending but I seen plenty of fouls that weren't called on Oak Hill. If the Oaks had a good shooting guard they would be hard to beat #4 and #24 are excellent players but Burg is little more athletic and better on defense
Bad calls both ways, yes. But are you saying Burg only fouled twice in the whole second half? I’m not saying it was one sided the whole time but just when it mattered. Oak Hill was down 4 before the goaltend which gave Burg 2 points and the ensuing technical made the play a 4 point swing. When you’re down 8 late in the game against a more athletic team, hard to come back.
People get so hung up on foul discrepancy. You just don’t blow a whistle to even out fouls.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Bradley39 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:35 pm
Once again. The officials were assigned by the league. Burg has no say. The officials did not decide the game. As far as the goal tend. Could have been but norm is an idiot and his fans feed off of him. Grown men yelling F You several times over and over again and throwing things at a high school basketball game. They need banned.
The “idiot” you refer to has won over 700 games and a state title. Ater could never in his dreams
He’s an idiot who knows how to coach basketball. How about that?

Bradley39
Riding the Bench

Post by Bradley39 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:37 pm

Closer, I’d go with hothead who knows how to coach basketball lol

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Bradley39 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:40 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:37 pm

Closer, I’d go with hothead who knows how to coach basketball lol
He’s a great basketball coach. I just tire of his yelling. Obviously ive never played for him, but I think his kids respect him. They’d have to the way he screams at them.

Gooaks
Waterboy

Post by Gooaks »

The no call on the goaltend and fouls was the diffence in this game and it was obvious. Burg picks up its 2nd foul in the first half with 1 minute to go in the game? Mason darby fouls out with just under 3 minutes left. So at one point the total fouls was burg 4 and darby alone 5.

92falcon
Waterboy

Post by 92falcon »

Oak hill fans complaining about officiating, how ironic. Ever watched a game at Oak Hill?

SOC94
Freshman Team

Post by SOC94 »

Having played for him you do respect him. Opponents only see his sideline antics but are unaware of how great he is in practice and off the court. Yes he scream and cusses but it’s only bc he wants us to succeed and win so bad. Never met a man who wants it more then Norm. Much respect for that man. As for the game. Great game. Missed calls yes. Goaltending? Yes. I believe most refs never see plays like that at the high school level and will miss calls like that, especially in southern Ohio. It was the trailing ref at half courts call to make and he didn’t. Did it lose is the game? No, players and coaches lose games. Too many missed layups that were in and out all night or the Oaks may have pulled off the upset. As for the foul count. I don’t like make up calls to even out the fouls count which sometimes happens in games, Everyone has seen it but 9-1? That’s a bit bizarre when OH isn’t a jump shooting team and Darby and Hammond live in the post and have ppl hanging off them almost every possession. So for it to be that far apart is mind boggling. I’ll repeat, refs don’t win or lose games. But tonight that was a bad crew. I’ve saw a lot of bad crews this year. Most ppl stop reffing bc of stuff that happened tonight which is sad. Burg fans y’all have a great team and I truly enjoy this rivalry. Having watched and played in this game is special. Enjoy the ride y’all are gonna have this year. Hope to see you at the Schott. Good luck against anybody other then my Oaks.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Gooaks wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:50 pm The no call on the goaltend and fouls was the diffence in this game and it was obvious. Burg picks up its 2nd foul in the first half with 1 minute to go in the game? Mason darby fouls out with just under 3 minutes left. So at one point the total fouls was burg 4 and darby alone 5.
Darby should have fouled out way earlier or at least been in foul trouble earlier with as many times as he led with a swinging forearm.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

SOC94 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:00 pm Having played for him you do respect him. Opponents only see his sideline antics but are unaware of how great he is in practice and off the court. Yes he scream and cusses but it’s only bc he wants us to succeed and win so bad. Never met a man who wants it more then Norm. Much respect for that man. As for the game. Great game. Missed calls yes. Goaltending? Yes. I believe most refs never see plays like that at the high school level and will miss calls like that, especially in southern Ohio. It was the trailing ref at half courts call to make and he didn’t. Did it lose is the game? No, players and coaches lose games. Too many missed layups that were in and out all night or the Oaks may have pulled off the upset. As for the foul count. I don’t like make up calls to even out the fouls count which sometimes happens in games, Everyone has seen it but 9-1? That’s a bit bizarre when OH isn’t a jump shooting team and Darby and Hammond live in the post and have ppl hanging off them almost every possession. So for it to be that far apart is mind boggling. I’ll repeat, refs don’t win or lose games. But tonight that was a bad crew. I’ve saw a lot of bad crews this year. Most ppl stop reffing bc of stuff that happened tonight which is sad. Burg fans y’all have a great team and I truly enjoy this rivalry. Having watched and played in this game is special. Enjoy the ride y’all are gonna have this year. Hope to see you at the Schott. Good luck against anybody other then my Oaks.
Very classy post. Good luck to the Oaks in the remainder of the season and the tourney.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
willferrell
Waterboy

Post by willferrell »

The fact that there’s so much chatter about the officials seems to be a bit intriguing.

SOC94
Freshman Team

Post by SOC94 »

Bit of a funny side note. I’ve saw norm, with my own eyes or had been playing, get 3 techicals the entire time I’ve known him and this crew has given him 2 of the 3.

SOC94
Freshman Team

Post by SOC94 »

Both being this year I should add. Lol

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SOC94 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:15 pm Bit of a funny side note. I’ve saw norm, with my own eyes or had been playing, get 3 techicals the entire time I’ve known him and this crew has given him 2 of the 3.
Probably because they aren’t afraid of them. No one wants to listen to that. You wouldn’t let that go down at a place like Walmart. This crew has had several convo games and I think one got a state game. The fouls were 7 to 1 before Oak Hill had to foul.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:21 pm
SOC94 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:15 pm Bit of a funny side note. I’ve saw norm, with my own eyes or had been playing, get 3 techicals the entire time I’ve known him and this crew has given him 2 of the 3.
Probably because they aren’t afraid of them. No one wants to listen to that. You wouldn’t let that go down at a place like Walmart. This crew has had several convo games and I think one got a state game. The fouls were 7 to 1 before Oak Hill had to foul.
Oh god that crew is awful. Just shows officials are the good ole boy system

SOC94
Freshman Team

Post by SOC94 »

Convo, state game, idc we can argue till we are blue in the face but I didn’t like this crew when I was in school and they are still just as bad.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SOC94 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:26 pm Convo, state game, idc we can argue till we are blue in the face but I didn’t like this crew when I was in school and they are still just as bad.
I’m not trying to argue against you. I’m just saying I’ve seen them up there.

SOC94
Freshman Team

Post by SOC94 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:30 pm
SOC94 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:26 pm Convo, state game, idc we can argue till we are blue in the face but I didn’t like this crew when I was in school and they are still just as bad.
No problem Woby, think Ohio has a problem with lack of good refs. But having seen what refs deal with I don’t blame them for hanging up the whistle.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I was able to listen to the game on the radio and yes the announcers thought it was goaltending, but one play like that shouldn't cost you a game. Didn't OH cut it to at least three maybe even one after that? Sounds like after reading on here OH had the chances just couldn't put it in.

I started listening at the start of the third qtr. and heard that Holden only had one point at half. That must have been some strong defense by the Oaks or did Holden just not shoot much in the first half?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

SOC94 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:35 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:30 pm
No problem Woby, think Ohio has a problem with lack of good refs. But having seen what refs deal with I don’t blame them for hanging up the whistle.
Yes they do. The one ref that called the Burg-Jackson game on Tuesday called two of the worst fouls on Holden that I've ever witnessed and he has always picked on the Burg's star players for the last 20 years.

Return to “Boys Basketball”