1/15 Chesapeake v Fairland

mattash
Site Admin

1/15 Chesapeake v Fairland

Post by mattash »

Big Rival and game in the OVC tonight. For Chesapeake it is a must win.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Dragon70
Freshman Team

Re: 1/15 Chesapeake v Fairland

Post by Dragon70 »

The Dragons will have their hands full with Eli Archer. He is an up and coming young stud who will be all-OVC all four years at the Peake. The Peake has some streaky young shooters in Dearth and Blankenship but Fairlands talented underclassmen of Thomas, Porter, and Polcyn will be able to hold their own. Fairland has a slight advantage in leadership with seniors Chinn and Mondlak and that will be the key to the game. As long as they produce and provide scoring then the Dragons should prevail. Either way throw the records out cause this will be a very intense, hard fought rivalry game like always.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Go Peake. This has always been a dogfight even back to when I graduated. Your right records can be tossed. Chesapeake still somewhat young as sometimes they start two juniors, two sophomores and a freshmen.
Chesapeake loses have been by avg of less than 8 points.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Should be a very good close ballgame. Even with the game being at Chesapeake, I would give a slight edge to Fairland.

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Tight game. As with any OVC game, no clear favorite this year. Dragons can make a statement by winning this game but I would put the Peake as a 4 point favorite in their own gym.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

fairland in a semi-close one

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Fairland (56) - (47) Chesapeake -- Final

Post by VetteMan »

Fairland finds a way to get it done.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Fairland is way ahead in progress. This team can turn heads. I thought they would be down this year. Impressive what they are doing.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Fairland has put on an absolute coaching clinic for area teams to see this year. I have no clue if the OVC votes for a Coach of the year, but if they do, Coach Speed wins it hands down.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:03 am Fairland has put on an absolute coaching clinic for area teams to see this year. I have no clue if the OVC votes for a Coach of the year, but if they do, Coach Speed wins it hands down.
... Coach Speed has always been an excellent coach ! we're just used to seeing THAT GROUP of Dragons on the court for 4 years in a row doing their thing ! LOL ... new - to us - players for the Dragons - but THESE Dragons have practiced against the BEST team in SEOhio over their own careers! to get better you have to play against tough competition - THIS group HAS played vs tough competition EVERY DAY for the last 3 years for the seniors on down ! ... throw in what Coach Speed has always emphasized -even BEFORE the FAB 6 or 7 - Defense ...use of quickness, the transition game, strong perimeter scoring and yes the fundamentals of the game ... Coach Speed, Coaches Evan Salyers/Smith/Phillips/Jordan - they do it right ! - good staff with philosophy that they all buy into as well as the players = a winner ...a winning TEAM ...

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Fairland has done much better than I thought they would, and Coach Speed has the Dragons playing well despite the loss of his top 6 players from a year ago that dominated the OVC for 3 years. I picked FHS 5th preseason in the OVC, and they will finish higher than that and just might win the title again. I had the Peake 3rd preseason and that still might happen.

Return to “Boys Basketball”