Jackson @ Wheelersburg

mlittle
SEOP

Re: Jackson @ Wheelersburg

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:51 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:20 pm How many points did Holden Have in regulation
1 too many
Lol

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I think he had 23 for the night. Max preps had him for 24. I just watched the clips of him against Jackson. Oh my. He got called on a charge. Lol horrible call

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/default. ... 65a2847b2#

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Holden had 17 points in regulation. His rebounding went way down after he got his second foul--until overtime--ended with a double-double with 10 rebounds. Definitely not one of his better games this year but no one can have an 'outstanding' game every night. On 3-point baskets, Wheelersburg was 8/15 and Jackson was 9/23--by my numbers. For the game, shooting percentage from the field was Wheelersburg 21/39 (54%) and Jackson was 23/56 (41%).
Last edited by drrabbit on Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

drrabbit wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:29 pm Holden had 16 points in regulation. His rebounding went way down after he got his second foul--until overtime--ended with a double-double with 10 rebounds. Definitely not one of his better games this year but no one can have an 'outstanding' game every night. On 3-point baskets, Wheelersburg was 8/15 and Jackson was 9/23--by my numbers. For the game, shooting percentage from the field was Wheelersburg 21/39 (54%) and Jackson was 23/56 (41%).
Thanks Doc

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Rebound or turnover numbers?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Anyone have the TEAM rebounding numbers ? I thought going into this one that Jackson had a chance due to their overall team rebounding ability ...

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Rebounds were low overall (especially considering that it was OT).
I had Wheelersburg with 30 and Jackson with 29. Wheelersburg with 14 turnovers and Jackson with 9. These are just my numbers and not 'official.'

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

drrabbit wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:05 pm Rebounds were low overall (especially considering that it was OT).
I had Wheelersburg with 30 and Jackson with 29. Wheelersburg with 14 turnovers and Jackson with 9. These are just my numbers and not 'official.'
Thanks. Kinda crazy that Jackson had 17 more FGA. Only 9 turnovers.

Played well by the numbers but 35% shooting first 3 quarters not good enough

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:11 pm
drrabbit wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:05 pm Rebounds were low overall (especially considering that it was OT).
Thanks. Kinda crazy that Jackson had 17 more FGA. Only 9 turnovers.

Played well by the numbers but 35% shooting first 3 quarters not good enough
... WHS shooting 51% from the field didn't have to have many offensive boards ... as the Pirates at South Webster seemed to get multiple offensive boards with 2,3 attempts on goal per trip ... with the even # of boards Jackson held their own ...

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

All the fouled shot attempts and the deliberate fouls make for a lower FGA (about 11 shot difference there). Also about 4 more possessions for Jackson in this game on turnover/rebound ratios. Last shot of each quarter will also factor in--which Jackson had in the fourth and overtime I know. Overall shot attempts (fouled or not) actually only about 12 different.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:18 pm
... WHS shooting 51% from the field didn't have to have many offensive boards ... as the Pirates at South Webster seemed to get multiple offensive boards with 2,3 attempts on goal per trip ... with the even # of boards Jackson held their own ...
At South Webster, I had Wheelersburg with 39 and South Webster with 28 and that was without overtime. Wheelersburg's shooting percentage was probably their worst of the season at 23/59 (39%) in that game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

drrabbit wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:41 pm
pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:18 pm
At South Webster, I had Wheelersburg with 39 and South Webster with 28 and that was without overtime. Wheelersburg's shooting percentage was probably their worst of the season at 23/59 (39%) in that game.
Thanks for all of your numbers. Good to have you posting.

Best of luck to Burg the rest of the way

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

greygoose wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:20 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:20 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:23 am

So there's no bumping in basketball?? LOL. As long as the boys hands are up and he's got defensive position it's his ground just because the offensive player drives it into him while going down the court. Sometimes it probably get a bit excessive and there's times it could be called more, the Remmington boy from Waverly does this exact thing keep the hands up cut off the player. Kind of funny a team gets a nice quality win and you can't help but to point a finger at refs, did they cause Jackson to come back from 17 down?? Did they help get Jackson down by that?? Game went to OT and Burg won a really hard fought game once Jackson decided to play some ball. If he was "picking" on the best player don't you think that player would be in foul trouble all game?? sheesh enjoy the win man. Burg is an excellent team that won a big game at home.

No where did I say it determined the outcome of the game. I guarantee to the refs start calling that in the sectionals and district, the bumping of the offensive player.

On another note you are saying that it is okay for a defender to bump the offensive player and it is not a foul but a defender standing straight up on an offensive player and not making any move for the ball is, because that is what two of the fouls on Holden were and yes he wasn’t in foul trouble but in a sense he was because he picked up his second foul with 3 minutes to go until halftime so he had to sit down and then the picked up his third with 3 minutes to go in the 3rd and he had to sit. After that it changed his whole defensive attitude as he was afraid to get near a guy in fear of another BS foul called on him. If Holden fouls out in that game Burg loses.
You may very well be right, it will depend on the ref and how much of a bump is to much. To say the defender can't bump the offensive player, no you are incorrect in a big way on that one. If the game was played that way the offense would just take it to the defender each time and there'd be no one left to play. If the defensively player is in good position and doesn't have his hands out on the offensive player, so far this year I've seen the contact let go. Seems to me this game followed along with this trend, as you said come tourney who's to say if they call it a bit more touchy than they have so far in the regular season. As far as your other scenario just depends, defender comes down with his arms in the slightest and he's getting called. Sounds like someone else said Holden didn't have 2 fouls in the 1st half anyways and good players know how to play with foul trouble, which he wasn't in. Now once he picks up that 3 foul before half then we can talk about it and see how he plays through it, I've seen big players be in foul trouble and manage it just fine. They might have to let a uncontested layup go here or there but beats the alternative of possibly fouling out because you wanted to try and block a guy in the lane. Basically the theme here is, you thought it was a great win by the pirates, which it was. However, you felt the need to complain about the refs and how this player or that one should've fouled out because you thought they were fouling. Enjoy the win, I'm sure he got away with some things that others thought should've been called.
Holden did have two fouls on him and he was just straight up when the Jackson player shot the ball. What was sad is that the Jackson player didn’t even try to jump into Tanner. The bottom line is that it changed Tanners whole game. After he picked up his third foul, same call he just wasn’t as aggressive on both offense and defense.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:38 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:20 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:20 pm

No where did I say it determined the outcome of the game. I guarantee to the refs start calling that in the sectionals and district, the bumping of the offensive player.

On another note you are saying that it is okay for a defender to bump the offensive player and it is not a foul but a defender standing straight up on an offensive player and not making any move for the ball is, because that is what two of the fouls on Holden were and yes he wasn’t in foul trouble but in a sense he was because he picked up his second foul with 3 minutes to go until halftime so he had to sit down and then the picked up his third with 3 minutes to go in the 3rd and he had to sit. After that it changed his whole defensive attitude as he was afraid to get near a guy in fear of another BS foul called on him. If Holden fouls out in that game Burg loses.
You may very well be right, it will depend on the ref and how much of a bump is to much. To say the defender can't bump the offensive player, no you are incorrect in a big way on that one. If the game was played that way the offense would just take it to the defender each time and there'd be no one left to play. If the defensively player is in good position and doesn't have his hands out on the offensive player, so far this year I've seen the contact let go. Seems to me this game followed along with this trend, as you said come tourney who's to say if they call it a bit more touchy than they have so far in the regular season. As far as your other scenario just depends, defender comes down with his arms in the slightest and he's getting called. Sounds like someone else said Holden didn't have 2 fouls in the 1st half anyways and good players know how to play with foul trouble, which he wasn't in. Now once he picks up that 3 foul before half then we can talk about it and see how he plays through it, I've seen big players be in foul trouble and manage it just fine. They might have to let a uncontested layup go here or there but beats the alternative of possibly fouling out because you wanted to try and block a guy in the lane. Basically the theme here is, you thought it was a great win by the pirates, which it was. However, you felt the need to complain about the refs and how this player or that one should've fouled out because you thought they were fouling. Enjoy the win, I'm sure he got away with some things that others thought should've been called.
Holden did have two fouls on him and he was just straight up when the Jackson player shot the ball. What was sad is that the Jackson player didn’t even try to jump into Tanner. The bottom line is that it changed Tanners whole game. After he picked up his third foul, same call he just wasn’t as aggressive on both offense and defense.
Holden had 2 fouls and went to bench in first half. Donaldson had 2 fouls and played the rest of the first half. Holden has 3 fouls halfway through the 3rd quarter and was up by 15 and he was afaid to play? You get 5 fouls in Ohio don’t you?

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

So Jackson took Burg to OT and had final shot to win and Chillicothe beat the crap out of Jackson. I’d take Chillicothe over Burg by 15

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Ed Ott wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:55 pm So Jackson took Burg to OT and had final shot to win and Chillicothe beat the crap out of Jackson. I’d take Chillicothe over Burg by 15
Burg was up 15 or so in the second half but went on a drought and couldn't buy one. Credit to Jackson, played very well defensively down the stretch and hit big time shots. Didn't Jackson score only 38 against Chilli? Seems to me they hit more against Burg but then again one could argue Burg isn't very good defensively.

BigBaller08
Waterboy

Post by BigBaller08 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:02 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:58 pm
wobycat wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:07 pm

Jackson’s coach knows what he’s doing but he doesn’t stay off the refs the whole game.

That’s one of the more experienced crews in the area. They did not alter the game. Burg didn’t hit very well at the line at the end or it would’ve never went into overtime.
Burg shot 82% on free throws for the game. I’m gonna guess that is above their season average.
The burg shot 69% from the line, going 20/29.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BigBaller08 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:02 am
wobycat wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:02 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:58 pm

Burg shot 82% on free throws for the game. I’m gonna guess that is above their season average.
The burg shot 69% from the line, going 20/29.
Yeah we’ve established that. What their season average % I wonder.

Return to “Boys Basketball”