SEOPS

Re: Jackson @ Wheelersbur

Post by wobycat »

Fairyland is D2

toldya
Freshman Team

Re: Jackson @ Wheelersburg

Post by toldya »

I see even the Jackson faithful can not name the two best Jackson victories of the year. Has Jackson had two significant victories yet this year?

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Fairland moved down to D3 this year. They are in the Jackson Sectional with Wheelersburg.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

toldya wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:16 pm I see even the Jackson faithful can not name the two best Jackson victories of the year. Has Jackson had two significant victories yet this year?
What are you doing 2old? Stop. Quit associating everything together.

Jackson’s best wins are Washington CH and Greenfield. Our favorite color is red and we like dogs over cats.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:17 pm Fairland moved down to D3 this year. They are in the Jackson Sectional with Wheelersburg.
Interesting

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Great win by the Pirates. Jackson had the shot at the buzzer to win but couldn’t get it to go. No. 3, 10 and 12 carried Jackson down the stretch but 3 should have fouled out before the 4th qtr. You can not bump the offensive player like he did all night while on defense.

On a side note, McDavid needs to get out of reffing. He has always picked on Burg star players over the years and tonight was no different. He called two of the worst fouls on Holden I’ve ever seen. Jackson player drove the lane, Tanner just stood there straight up and he called both fouls. That has to be let go.

Also, how does Holden not touch the ball in the paint. NO ONE AROUND HERE CAN STOP HIM WHEN HE GETS THE BALL THAT DEEP!!!!!!!! When Jackson was making there comeback he hardly touched the ball. Jackson had no one that could guard him.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:48 pm Great win by the Pirates. Jackson had the shot at the buzzer to win but couldn’t get it to go. No. 3, 10 and 12 carried Jackson down the stretch but 3 should have fouled out before the 4th qtr. You can not bump the offensive player like he did all night while on defense.

On a side note, McDavid needs to get out of reffing. He has always picked on Burg star players over the years and tonight was no different. He called two of the worst fouls on Holden I’ve ever seen. Jackson player drove the lane, Tanner just stood there straight up and he called both fouls. That has to be let go.

Also, how does Holden not touch the ball in the paint. NO ONE AROUND HERE CAN STOP HIM WHEN HE GETS THE BALL THAT DEEP!!!!!!!! When Jackson was making there comeback he hardly touched the ball. Jackson had no one that could guard him.
Wallis has playedthat hands up body to body perimeter defense every single game this season and I think he’s in foul trouble 1x. He gets it done with his feet. If he at 5’6 130 gets called for it, he’ll adjust.....he also drove and could’ve had a couple and 1’s late...but no call.

It was a tough and good game.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

So Yates shot a 3 at the buzzer?

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

Thx 92. Gee a little sensitive. Relax and enjoy your recent success in basketball. Heavens knows you have waited a long time for it.

Nice wins but hardly earth shattering. Beat Chillicothe. That would be a nice win.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

allamericanironman wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:57 pm So Yates shot a 3 at the buzzer?
Yes, tough look from right side....from my angle looked like it was going to back in but not enough on it. Defense was really good by Burg on that possession

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

toldya wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:02 pm Thx 92. Gee a little sensitive. Relax and enjoy your recent success in basketball. Heavens knows you have waited a long time for it.

Nice wins but hardly earth shattering. Beat Chillicothe. That would be a nice win.
Why are you on this game thread asking about our best win? Mattash has a standings thread with every team and every game.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:04 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:57 pm So Yates shot a 3 at the buzzer?
Yes, tough look from right side....from my angle looked like it was going to back in but not enough on it. Defense was really good by Burg on that possession
Those young Ironmen are growing up quick a sectional championship if we can start to finish these guys are close. Do you think that is the youth showing the not finishing away games that has to be youth. This group is borderline great just have to finish.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Was not for either team, just wanted to see a good ballgame,and saw a very good ballgame. I don't really think the Ref's decided the game, a couple calls could have been gone the other way for both teams. Caught the end of 99.3 giving a few Stats, I think they said Jackson had more field goals than the Burg, but that the Burg had made 23 out of 28 foul shots, while Jackson made 9 out of 14 I think. I may be off on the attempt's for each team, but I'm pretty sure about the 23 and the 9. Both teams are very good, wish them both success the rest of the year.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Thanks vetteman....

Anyone have the final stats?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:48 pm Great win by the Pirates. Jackson had the shot at the buzzer to win but couldn’t get it to go. No. 3, 10 and 12 carried Jackson down the stretch but 3 should have fouled out before the 4th qtr. You can not bump the offensive player like he did all night while on defense.

So there's no bumping in basketball?? LOL. As long as the boys hands are up and he's got defensive position it's his ground just because the offensive player drives it into him while going down the court. Sometimes it probably get a bit excessive and there's times it could be called more, the Remmington boy from Waverly does this exact thing keep the hands up cut off the player. Kind of funny a team gets a nice quality win and you can't help but to point a finger at refs, did they cause Jackson to come back from 17 down?? Did they help get Jackson down by that?? Game went to OT and Burg won a really hard fought game once Jackson decided to play some ball. If he was "picking" on the best player don't you think that player would be in foul trouble all game?? sheesh enjoy the win man. Burg is an excellent team that won a big game at home.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Looks like Burg dodged another bullet here. I guess I’d rather be lucky than good

23tdb
Riding the Bench

Post by 23tdb »

Even as a Jackson fan, I saw that last night Burg was in control throughout 3 and a half quarters of the game. However, I do believe some of our players played scared tonight, possibly intimated by Holden. I think if we look at overall team Burg is the deeper more athletic team. With that said Jackson had an amazing comeback and nobody can take that away from them and in the end they had a chance to win the game. Burg IS the best team in SEO aside from Logan, but I do believe that Jackson has the tools to beat Burg. IMO Morrow should have called a timeout to set up a better shot, but coming from a Jackson fan there is no doubt that Burg was the better deeper team. Jackson was dangerous last night, just not dangerous enough. Great game and I look to see both teams in the district tournament.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I agree about the timeout, but maybe he didn't want to give Burg a chance to set up a defensive strategy. Either way, it was a great game and great atmosphere!

96stroker
JV Team

Post by 96stroker »

I was at the game and if you even think refs determined the game you have really no idea about officiating. Were there bad calls? Sure both ways . But in no way did it determine the outcome in my opinion.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

23tdb wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:05 am Even as a Jackson fan, I saw that last night Burg was in control throughout 3 and a half quarters of the game. However, I do believe some of our players played scared tonight, possibly intimated by Holden. I think if we look at overall team Burg is the deeper more athletic team. With that said Jackson had an amazing comeback and nobody can take that away from them and in the end they had a chance to win the game. Burg IS the best team in SEO aside from Logan, but I do believe that Jackson has the tools to beat Burg. IMO Morrow should have called a timeout to set up a better shot, but coming from a Jackson fan there is no doubt that Burg was the better deeper team. Jackson was dangerous last night, just not dangerous enough. Great game and I look to see both teams in the district tournament.
... I think in hindsight a timeout was needed ONLY because of the importance of THE MOMENT - having seen both TEAMS play, I give the advantage of a close score, having to have a bucket, taking control of the game to Wheelersburg - to Holden , when I watched the South Webster game , the score being close going into the 4th quarter "I got the feeling that it was Wheelersburg's game to win or lose - Holden does so much... hits FTS (80+%), handles the ball/can dribble drive/doesn't have to have anyone GET HIM the ball - advantage down the stretch/in close games/in OT to the Burg imo - back to last night - I WASN'T THERE - listening on the radio ... when Jackson got the ball, time on the clock, going for the last shot - THAT was THE MOMENTr that the Ironmen HAD TO GET RIGHT - the right shot, by the right person, from the right place on the floor, against the right defender who might put them on the line - the LAST SHOT MOMENT WAS THE ONLY CHANCE TO GET A "w" VS THE Burg at the Burg ... if the game went OT - it was again Wheelersburg's to win or lose because of Tanner Holden imo ... in defense of NOT calling a TO - the defense would not be set, but then again neither would the offense ... can't take the effort away from the Ironmen! outstanding ! it was a pleasure to even listen to the comeback on the radio last night ... lots of positives to take away from this one ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”