Jackson v Fairland 12PM today

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Jackson v Fairland 12PM today

Post by Ironman92 »

earp wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:15 pm #11 for Fairland is Matt Mondlak.
Thanks. He had a very good game. Is he a junior or senior?

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:16 pm
earp wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:15 pm #11 for Fairland is Matt Mondlak.
Thanks. He had a very good game. Is he a junior or senior?
Starters
11 & 21 are Seniors.
0 & 32 Sophomores
1 Freshman

Off the bench
12 & 23 are seniors
2 Sophomore

Post by earp »

Sorry about all of those posts.Obviously something went wrong

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

this was a good win for the dragons, I am honestly kinda surprised. nothing against Fairland they are good ball team. I just thought Jackson would handle them

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:10 pm 45-41

Fairland was more focused and more disciplined today. They do things very well on both sides of the ball. #11 Reed? Hit 4 or 5 open 3’s. He hit one late after they called a block on Wallis as the guard went in fast and kicked it out. I really thought it was the textbook charge call but it went as a block and then #11 rattled in a 3 on that possession. That one really hurt. Thomas is deceiving...I could tell by our coaches that they knew that and had him scouted. Fairland handled our pressure well enough and once they did they’d make a quick cut for layup after layup. Fairland moved the ball well and knew where each other was at or going. Nice team and well coached. To be honest I wanted this thing snowed out. This outcome just seemed like the obvious result.

About 10-12 years ago the big time coach at North Adams ...Dave Young had over 400 wins, 5 district titles and a regional championship. After a big game he was doing the radio postgame. The radio guy asked him about his star sophomore who went off for 36 points. Coach Young quickly replied “he scored 36 but gave up 40”.....this comment was about one of the two or three best ever players at North Adams....I’ve not watched a basketball game at any level since then where I didn’t think about that comment. When a young kid at school tells me about their game and that they scored 16....I ask them how many they gave up. I cannot think any other way. I’m not speaking of anyone, I’m speaking of everyone and I think it every game but today I thought it too many times. Jackson players had a let down today and it wasn’t against a bad team or a good team...it was against a very good team and the result is a loss. The kids played hard as heck trying to mount that rally that they couldn’t finish off.

Next up @Wheelersburg Tuesday

Best of luck to Fairland the rest of the way. Hope #12 is ok. Not sure what happened to his ankle/leg
Don’t feel bad Ironman we got handled at Warren last night. I know our team is better than that just way too many TOs and great defense by Warren. See you February 2nd at Athens good Lord willing.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I thought Jackson would win also, not by a large margin but enough to get the win. I don't think Jackson ever got that comfortable playing the deliberate slow style that Fairland likes to play. Nothing against that style, the dragons play it very well.

Return to “Boys Basketball”