Zanesville to LCL

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Zanesville to LCL

Post by Philos_Finest »

Zanesville is on the move again and will now be joining the Licking County League after approval from their BOE tonight. The Blue Devils will begin league play in 2020-2021.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Zanesville to LCL

Post by mattash »

Who's in the league?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

We're they ECOL?

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Seems like MVL would of been a perfect fit.

Michael Scott
Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

mattash wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:24 pm Seems like MVL would of been a perfect fit.
Zanesville agreed. And so do I. Alas, the decision makers in the MVL apparently did not.

https://amp.zanesvilletimesrecorder.com/amp/613903002

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

mattash wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:23 pm We're they ECOL?
Yep. ZHS, Coshocton, River View, Meadowbrook all leaving that league. The last 3 for the MVL. Mind you, River View was in the league for a long time and opted out to move to the ECOL because of “travel distances”. Those distances have not gotten shorter in the past 15 years. ZHS made way more sense then letting RV back into the MVL.

LCL consists of Granville, Heath, Utica, Licking Valley, Licking Heights, Watkins Memorial, Johnstown, Newark Catholic, Northridge, and Lakewood.

Something to watch, LCL has tried to steal away Sheridan and Tri-Valley from the MVL before. There is said to be little interest from either of those schools but it will be interesting to see what(if anything) else happens.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

So who does that leave in the ECOL?

Hawks1112
Varsity

Post by Hawks1112 »

I look at the LCL league website when comes to football they have a big school and small school division this what numbers count would look like if they use this year's
Big division
505. Login , if they were to join
465. Watkins Memorial
449. Licking His.
350. Zanesville
331. Granville
259. Licking Valley

Small division
250. Hebron Lakewood
210. Utica
201. Heath
199. Johnstown Monroe
173. Johnstown Northridge
118. Newark Catholic
Last edited by Hawks1112 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Sounds like Logan to the LCL?

gils
JV Team

Post by gils »

If that happens (Logan joining) Lakewood would probably move down to the Little division. That would be 12 teams total with probably no more crossovers.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Crazy Zanesville is not in the MVL. They are all about the same size other than Crooksville.

Michael Scott
Hawks1112
Varsity

Post by Hawks1112 »

I added some numbers count if they we're to use this school year's numbers and to if Login we're to join on my previous post

E High
All State

Post by E High »

The MVL hates Zanesville. They may never let them in. If they leave the ecol, that league may be about done.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Hawks1112 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:46 pm I added some numbers count if they we're to use this school year's numbers and to if Login we're to join on my previous post
It’s Logan, not Login.

Mr Wildcat
Waterboy

Post by Mr Wildcat »

A perfect league would be to expand to 8 team divisions. Both Aaronholt and the league desire two 8 team divisions.

Big School:

Newark
Zanesville
Licking Heights
Watkins Memorial
Mount Vernon
Tri Valley
Granville
Big Walnut

Small School:

Heath
Johnstown
Lakewood
Licking Valley
Newark Catholic
Northridge
Sheridan
Utica

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Zanesville has been trying to leave the ECOL since it joined. Aronholt and the rest of the administration like to try and push their weight around, so this is no surprise. I'm sure they will try and do the same in LCL and when they find it doesn't work there either, they will try somewhere else. Is this their 4th league in 20 years?

Doubt that Sheridan or Tri Valley would be interested in leaving the MVL, especially since they are realigning in 2020 to make the league more competitive. They have no reason to leave now.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Logan has been trying to get in the LCL for years.

The Logan AD has a good relationship with their leadership. They obviously don't want Logan in the league or Logan would already be a member.

Maybe Zanesville changes that, but I'm done getting my hopes up about Logan to the LCL.

Mr Wildcat
Waterboy

Post by Mr Wildcat »

I understand Meadowbrook has had a couple of really good seasons, but adding Meadowbrook, River View and Coshocton isn't exactly making the MVL THAT much more competitive. Tri Valley is a D1 member of the central district in most sports. They do not receive any respect when it comes to seeding for post season play because of the league they are in. A D1 school playing the likes of Morgan or Crooksville isn't something they should be content with. A league like the one i proposed would be great for them. All D1 through D3. Very similar demographics and great travel. Why would Tri Valley not want to be in a league with those schools??? I will never understand that.

Newark D1
Tri-Valley
Big Walnut D2
Licking Heights D2
Watkins Memorial D2
Mount Vernon D2
Zanesville D3
Granville D3

That would be a great and competitive league!! Again, Great travel times. Similar competition. Its not like Tri-Valley would be joining the OCC-Ohio division. In all honesty, it's time for them to make a step up in competition. That's really the only thing holding them back.

Heath
Johnstown
Lakewood
Licking Valley
Newark Catholic
Northridge
Sheridan
Utica

The small school league would essentially be the LCL plus Sheridan. I actually think that Sheridan would and should consider this. Playing the likes of Johnstown, Licking Valley and Newark Catholic would draw huge gates for them!!! I just see this league as a win win for every body. The MVL will survive with the additions they are making. Would love to see this league happen. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out.
Last edited by Mr Wildcat on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

loganlocos wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:04 am Logan has been trying to get in the LCL for years.

The Logan AD has a good relationship with their leadership. They obviously don't want Logan in the league or Logan would already be a member.

Maybe Zanesville changes that, but I'm done getting my hopes up about Logan to the LCL.
Can't see LCL wanting to add Logan simply based on travel. If they do, league will be spread too wide and will have issues IMO.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Mr Wildcat wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:16 am I understand Meadowbrook has had a couple of really good seasons, but adding Meadowbrook, River View and Coshocton isn't exactly making the MVL THAT much more competitive. Tri Valley is a D1 member of the central district in most sports. They do not receive any respect when it comes to seeding for post season play because of the league they are in. A D1 school playing the likes of Morgan or Crooksville isn't something they should be content with. A league like the one i proposed would be great for them. All D1 through D3. Very similar demographics and great travel. Why would Tri Valley not want to be in a league with those schools??? I will never understand that.

Newark D1
Tri-Valley
Big Walnut D2
Licking Heights D2
Watkins Memorial D2
Mount Vernon D2
Zanesville D3
Granville D3

That would be a great and competitive league!! Again, Great travel times. Similar competition. Its not like Tri-Valley would be joining the OCC-Ohio division. In all honesty, it's time for them to make a step up in competition. That's really the only thing holding them back.

Heath
Johnstown
Lakewood
Licking Valley
Newark Catholic
Northridge
Sheridan
Utica

The small school league would essentially be the LCL plus Sheridan. I actually think that Sheridan would and should consider this. Playing the likes of Johnstown, Licking Valley and Newark Catholic would draw huge gates for them!!! I just see this league as a win win for every body. The MVL will survive with the additions they are making. Would love to see this league happen. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out.
Tri Valley won't be playing small schools reguarly starting in 2020. They will be in large school with Sheridan, John Glenn, Philo, Maysville and River View...all, except RV, has continued to improve and make the competition much better for them in recent years. If they were to stay as one league with no divisions, I would agree with you..but that's no longer the case.

Return to “Boys Basketball”