Freshman Team

Fairland@ Gallia Academy 1/11/19

Post by SEOAL74 »

Thoughts on this matchup!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Fairland@ Gallia Academy 1/11/19

Post by VetteMan »

Should be a very good ballgame. Hope the Blue Devils can sustain there success from last night.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Gallia had better jump in front because the Dragons run a very efficient, patient offense that will back door a team if they're not paying attention.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I thought this game and the warren game was the 2 biggest tests on the home schedule. Without loveday i am still processing this game in my mind. I think they will defend fairland a little better then before. i don't know much about fairland this year. but imagine as always i would expect a good passing good shooting and a strong defense.

In the blue devils i am not sure what you get besides we are going to play hard. play a tight man to man a lot they will press quite a bit. On Tuesday night they really did not shoot well against south point. But everyone scrapped for loose balls. Everyone crashed the boards and everyone contributed.
I think they are much harder to defend now because the offense runs through everyone.

If your fairland i don't think you can concentrate on anyone defensively. Blouir with 14 and henry with 11 were the leading scorers Tuesday. but Friday night it could be call and mccellend or blain carter and bailey walker, or ben cox or cole davis. I was afraid if there was a time with that call and mccellend were both out of the game this team would struggle for points. but to be honest on Tuesday when they were both out of the game the devils increased the lead.

Basically everyone that comes off the bench except for bailey walker is as good as or a improvement on the defensive end of the court then the starter they replace. And until Tuesday night i had almost forgot how good cole davis was finding cutters and delivery the ball to them. And Ben cox just has a ability to know where he needs to be and seems to always be in the right place to pick up points.

Most teams bench shrinks as year goes on blue devils have 8 to 9 in rotation now and i see that growing to maybe 11 as season goes on. they have so many guys that can just bring you something a little different based on match ups.

should be fun i will be late arriving friday night hope i am coming to a packed gym.

bluefan1
Waterboy

Post by bluefan1 »

According to the newsppaper article, Blouir has 14, Call had 11 (and 8 rebounds), Carter and Henry with 9 points, Mccleland 6, Cox 5 points. Any of these could be your leading scorer on any given night.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

bluefan1 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:00 pm According to the newsppaper article, Blouir has 14, Call had 11 (and 8 rebounds), Carter and Henry with 9 points, Mccleland 6, Cox 5 points. Any of these could be your leading scorer on any given night.
Very well could of been I thought Henry had points attributed to him at one time on scoreboard that wasn’t his. And I thought call had more. I had call with 9 and Henry 11 but thought it was wrong

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

I ‘m sure The coaches have a good scouting report on Fairland and the BlueDevils will have two days to prepare for them without Loveday. I look for the Big Blue to come out focused and ready to play. I think this will be a really good game, but I think the Senior leadership on this Blue Devil team will prevail and I’m taking the Blue Devils by 8 50 to 42

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Gallia Academy by 6

Bigbluefan12
Waterboy

Post by Bigbluefan12 »

svac83 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:31 pm I thought this game and the warren game was the 2 biggest tests on the home schedule. Without loveday i am still processing this game in my mind. I think they will defend fairland a little better then before. i don't know much about fairland this year. but imagine as always i would expect a good passing good shooting and a strong defense.

In the blue devils i am not sure what you get besides we are going to play hard. play a tight man to man a lot they will press quite a bit. On Tuesday night they really did not shoot well against south point. But everyone scrapped for loose balls. Everyone crashed the boards and everyone contributed.
I think they are much harder to defend now because the offense runs through everyone.

If your fairland i don't think you can concentrate on anyone defensively. Blouir with 14 and henry with 11 were the leading scorers Tuesday. but Friday night it could be call and mccellend or blain carter and bailey walker, or ben cox or cole davis. I was afraid if there was a time with that call and mccellend were both out of the game this team would struggle for points. but to be honest on Tuesday when they were both out of the game the devils increased the lead.

Basically everyone that comes off the bench except for bailey walker is as good as or a improvement on the defensive end of the court then the starter they replace. And until Tuesday night i had almost forgot how good cole davis was finding cutters and delivery the ball to them. And Ben cox just has a ability to know where he needs to be and seems to always be in the right place to pick up points.

Most teams bench shrinks as year goes on blue devils have 8 to 9 in rotation now and i see that growing to maybe 11 as season goes on. they have so many guys that can just bring you something a little different based on match ups.

should be fun i will be late arriving friday night hope i am coming to a packed gym.
I agree with this 100% they can all guard pretty good I think as the year progresses and the Walker boy gets some more time in the game early he will start stepping up and playing a lot better. Cole Davis and Ben Cox are also gonna have to step up and play a bigger role the rest of the season for this team to be a pretty solid team

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Fairland is a surprising team. Lost pretty much there whole team and playing pretty well. They have a freshman who is going to be really good. I think fairland can win this but it will be close.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

Gallia by 7.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:52 pm Fairland is a surprising team. Lost pretty much there whole team and playing pretty well. They have a freshman who is going to be really good. I think fairland can win this but it will be close.
Porter can play

BigBlue85
Waterboy

Post by BigBlue85 »

I was pleasantly surprised Tuesday. I knew we would be fine without Loveday but I was concerned about how the situation would affect us. Loved how we played and whipped a pretty good SP team. Look for more of the same against Fairland. The Big Blue gets revenge for the past couple of years against Fairland and prevail by 12 68-56

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

Gallia by 5

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Fairland !

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

C’mon K-dub

StolenTalents12
Freshman Team

Post by StolenTalents12 »

Fairland has surprised me, they’re probably a little better than their record shows though. 3 of those losses were be teams that last years dominant fairland team probably would have lost to. But playing those Moreno difficult teams from the Columbus area will only make this team better in the long run. Coming in a seen Gallia running through the OVC but they aren’t near as dominant as I and I’m sure a lot of people expected. I’ll go with my Dragons by 2 but a Gallia could very well win by 10+

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Well here a way to early lol . Really nice gym though .

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

mattash wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:49 pm Well here a way to early lol . Really nice gym though .
Justva little bit but you should get a good seat. Your choice... LOL

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Fairland 14
#00 4 points
#21 3 points
#32 7 points

Gallia Academy
#1 1 point
# 3 points