Division IV Sectional @ Meigs

itsme
Varsity

Re: Division IV Sectional @ Meigs

Post by itsme »

koondoger wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:12 am
Fattseycline wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:09 am
EasternDspy wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:44 pm

It’s an every year thing TVC teams have the most teams all the coaches probably have a group chat. They decide who gets seeded where.
That’s not good but they can put better teams with a lower seed just means their teams will have to play the good teams early on lol
And that couldn't be further from the truth. The Meigs county coaches along with SG and RV always go with teams to the south to help them put the screws to the other TVC teams. Watch and see if that's not the case. :mrgreen:
Where you get R V from

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

LucasDavenport wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:32 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:44 pm If Coal Grove gets anything less than a 2 seed, you'll know shenanigans are in play. Coal Grove's schedule and the win over Ironton should give them the #1 seed, but if Trimble keeps winning, they could justify the #1 seed as well. Like I said earlier, it seems like the D4 seedings have been straight for the most part the last few years.

As for Webster, they have to keep winning games before the draw and hope teams in front of them start losing. Talent-wise, they are a top 3 team in this sectional, but you gotta win games too regardless of how tough the schedule is. The games they lost with Blevins out (Valley, West, South Point, etc.) are the ones that hurt their seed the most*
Great thoughts by the great architect of our generation or wait possibly an importer/exporter

If this happens I hope it gets the SEODAB to finally look at allowing teams to place themselves on the board. I know geography keeps the Super Sectional at bay but after both Sectionals have been voted on simply put all the coaches in the same room and the 1 seed at Meigs goes on the board .... ok now the 1 seed from NW goes on the board. So on and so forth. Then the top seeds would know which district the other is in and a 6 seed could choose to play the 1 or the 2 if they wanted.

You could still keep both sectionals separate but the voting then would be more fair because you knew if you schemed to maneuver a team down then that team could choose to play you.

My favorite manipulation of these seeding rules was by a D3 coach who in a 15 or 16 team sectional knew he was probably an 8 or a 9. He also knew he couldn’t beat the 1 seed to get to the Convo. Manipulated his way down to the 12 seed thinking he could beat the 5 and the 4.

Just let the coaches choose their positions on the board. The central district somehow does this with 48 teams in D1! They seed everyone from 1-48. And I know geographically the SEODAB doesn’t want to do that. But you could still allow the coaches to choose within their own Sectional — and either dictate where the 1 and 2 seeds go (so you don’t get 2 top seeds in the same district) or allow coaches to alternate and view the other sectional while they place themselves on the board.
Agreed on all points Lucas. If Central District D1 can figure out a Super Sectional with 48 teams, I think SEODAB could figure out a way to make it work. Only bad thing is we'd no longer have any conspiracy theories/idle speculation to discuss on here in the weeks leading up to the tourney draw!*

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

These are the updated records that pfloyd has going into the last week. Seeding will be this Sunday, February 10th.

Trimble (12-3)
Coal Grove (13-5)
Waterford (10-5)
South Gallia (11-7)
Reedsville Eastern (10-8)
South Webster (10-8)
Southern (9-8)
Symmes Valley (5-13)
Federal Hocking (4-13)
Miller (1-15)

Still not sure how this Sectional will be seeded, could see it going a variety of ways.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Looking at teams' schedules remaining before draw, I'll predict:

1. Trimble
2. Coal Grove
3. Waterford
4. South Webster
5. Reedsville Eastern
6. Southern
7. South Gallia
8. Federal Hocking
9. Symmes Valley
10. Miller

Gonna be hard to put Webster anywhere below the #5 seed with a straight face if Jeeps take care of business against @East and @Oak Hill this week and go into draw at 12-8.*

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Webster getting a 4 or 5 seed would set up a great district semi final vs Green or NB if both won Sectional finals of course.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

TTT

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

A tournament sounds good. What would we have to do to enter? Is there a fee. We have agreat team this year and I think we could be a great competitive addition.

Sandtrap
Waterboy

Post by Sandtrap »

Coal Grove 1
Trimble 2
SW 3
Waterford 4
SG 5
EM 6
Southern 7
SV 8
Fed Hock 9
Miller 10

Bobevans
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobevans »

Theres no question that CG sbould be the 1 SEED. No one in that sectional has played as good of a schedule as they have. If CG was in the leagues that the other teams in their sectional are in they would be undefeatef right now.. Case Closed

Sandtrap
Waterboy

Post by Sandtrap »

If Coal Grove was in South Webster SOC then they would play Burg so they wouldnt be undefeated but The Grove is a good team and should get the 1 seed

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

With the exception of Sw playing burg and I just mean the 2 games SW has played them.... no other team has played a tougher schedule than Cg. That only counts for seeding. Yes Cg should get the 1 seed... but Cg still has to take care of business just because they may be a 1-2 seed or what ever seed they get we still got to show up and prepare for easy team like it’s the state championship because one loss is all it takes to go home!!!

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

I'm not a big basketball guy,but TVC Hocking is as about as even as it could be.You better come ready to play.Whoever you draw!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'll be surprised if TVC Hocking champion is not awarded the no 1 seed in a sectional full of tvc-hocking teams.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

1. Coal Grove
2. Trimble
3. Waterford
4. South Webster
5. Reedsville Eastern
6. Southern
7. South Gallia
8. Federal Hocking
9. Symmes Valley
10. Miller

I believe this is the order it should be and will be. I am probably way off with this prediction. :lol:

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I have no idea where South Webster gets seeded, but after watching them last night against Oak Hill, they will be a handful for any team. I've watched SW before, and with a healthy Blevins, I think they can play with any Div 4 team in SEO. It is hard for anyone to go to the basket if Blevins is playing down low. My only concern would be, can they get scoring from someone besides Blevins and Bockway ?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Too bad voting ended before Trimble beat Alexander on Sat - that win would have cemented the No. 1 seed.

Still think they will get it anyways though.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Per OHSSA: On Jan 26th and 27th the gym will be cleared between games

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

itsme wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:31 pm Per OHSSA: On Jan 26th and 27th the gym will be cleared between games
Booooooo

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

itsme wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:31 pm Per OHSSA: On Jan 26th and 27th the gym will be cleared between games
January?

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Hoopie74 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:21 pm
January?
February
Don't get no better with age

Return to “Boys Basketball”