4. Waterford
5. South Gallia
6. Waterford
7. South Webster

OSU Alumni 2000
Riding the Bench

Re: Division IV Sectional @ Meigs

Post by OSU Alumni 2000 »

One of the better teams will be knocked off early if Webster gets a lower seed.
They are one of the better teams on this list, if not the best.

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

The Butcher wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:17 am
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:46 pm TVC always sticks together. No Way Coal Grove gets the 1 seed.
Plus no one plays a better schedule than Racine Southern's Hustlin' Purple Tornadoes. Honestly, I could see them as the two seed if they get hot down the stretch. Me and the boys at the butcher shop are workin out a plan to help them out.
Not sure about that. Who do they play as far as the conference goes?

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:46 pm TVC always sticks together. No Way Coal Grove gets the 1 seed.
Favoring teams in the TVC would be bad. If they seed teams that favor their conference I can say most tvc teams won’t last long. I don’t care because you will still see the best teams advance.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

Fattseycline wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:32 am
Plus no one plays a better schedule than Racine Southern's Hustlin' Purple Tornadoes. Honestly, I could see them as the two seed if they get hot down the stretch. Me and the boys at the butcher shop are workin out a plan to help them out.
Who do they play as far as the conference goes, you ask? Yea well, they play everyone in the conference. They play them all. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fattseycline wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:36 am
Favoring teams in the TVC would be bad. If they seed teams that favor their conference I can say most tvc teams won’t last long. I don’t care because you will still see the best teams advance.
It’s an every year thing TVC teams have the most teams all the coaches probably have a group chat. They decide who gets seeded where.

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

koondoger wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:47 pm
Fattseycline wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:32 am

Who do they play as far as the conference goes, you ask? Yea well, they play everyone in the conference. They play them all. :mrgreen:
Well what good teams? All I see in the tvc is weak teams. Except Trimble. I would say Cg by far has a harder schedule than any of the tvc teams..

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:44 pm
It’s an every year thing TVC teams have the most teams all the coaches probably have a group chat. They decide who gets seeded where.
That’s not good but they can put better teams with a lower seed just means their teams will have to play the good teams early on lol

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

Fattseycline wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:09 am

That’s not good but they can put better teams with a lower seed just means their teams will have to play the good teams early on lol
And that couldn't be further from the truth. The Meigs county coaches along with SG and RV always go with teams to the south to help them put the screws to the other TVC teams. Watch and see if that's not the case. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

koondoger wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:12 am
Fattseycline wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:09 am

And that couldn't be further from the truth. The Meigs county coaches along with SG and RV always go with teams to the south to help them put the screws to the other TVC teams. Watch and see if that's not the case. :mrgreen:
I don’t know how the seating go. It doesn’t matter who Cg plays or any other team no excuses just keep winning and the rest will play out it’s self.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

How do you seed the cluster of Hocking teams?

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

It's about time for the seeding. What do you think seeds will be?

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

do they call each other and talk about what seed they want

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

We'll see if you guys stoning the TVC are right or not.
If SW and CG are the 4 and 5 seeds then you will be proven out---if not it's all been noise.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

I could see several teams winning this district. CG, SW, NB, Trimble, Green, etc

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

fortdawg wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:56 pm We'll see if you guys stoning the TVC are right or not.
If SW and CG are the 4 and 5 seeds then you will be proven out---if not it's all been noise.
Or 3/6 or 2/7

I’d say more likely the 2/7, because SW will have a bad record, which could “justify” their seeding in some way.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

If Coal Grove gets anything less than a 2 seed, you'll know shenanigans are in play. Coal Grove's schedule and the win over Ironton should give them the #1 seed, but if Trimble keeps winning, they could justify the #1 seed as well. Like I said earlier, it seems like the D4 seedings have been straight for the most part the last few years.

As for Webster, they have to keep winning games before the draw and hope teams in front of them start losing. Talent-wise, they are a top 3 team in this sectional, but you gotta win games too regardless of how tough the schedule is. The games they lost with Blevins out (Valley, West, South Point, etc.) are the ones that hurt their seed the most*

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:44 pm If Coal Grove gets anything less than a 2 seed, you'll know shenanigans are in play. Coal Grove's schedule and the win over Ironton should give them the #1 seed, but if Trimble keeps winning, they could justify the #1 seed as well. Like I said earlier, it seems like the D4 seedings have been straight for the most part the last few years.

As for Webster, they have to keep winning games before the draw and hope teams in front of them start losing. Talent-wise, they are a top 3 team in this sectional, but you gotta win games too regardless of how tough the schedule is. The games they lost with Blevins out (Valley, West, South Point, etc.) are the ones that hurt their seed the most*
Great thoughts by the great architect of our generation or wait possibly an importer/exporter

If this happens I hope it gets the SEODAB to finally look at allowing teams to place themselves on the board. I know geography keeps the Super Sectional at bay but after both Sectionals have been voted on simply put all the coaches in the same room and the 1 seed at Meigs goes on the board .... ok now the 1 seed from NW goes on the board. So on and so forth. Then the top seeds would know which district the other is in and a 6 seed could choose to play the 1 or the 2 if they wanted.

You could still keep both sectionals separate but the voting then would be more fair because you knew if you schemed to maneuver a team down then that team could choose to play you.

My favorite manipulation of these seeding rules was by a D3 coach who in a 15 or 16 team sectional knew he was probably an 8 or a 9. He also knew he couldn’t beat the 1 seed to get to the Convo. Manipulated his way down to the 12 seed thinking he could beat the 5 and the 4.

Just let the coaches choose their positions on the board. The central district somehow does this with 48 teams in D1! They seed everyone from 1-48. And I know geographically the SEODAB doesn’t want to do that. But you could still allow the coaches to choose within their own Sectional — and either dictate where the 1 and 2 seeds go (so you don’t get 2 top seeds in the same district) or allow coaches to alternate and view the other sectional while they place themselves on the board.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Hornetz_Fan32
Freshman Team

Post by Hornetz_Fan32 »

Sorry that you have to deal with some of the eastern fans on here and it's easy to pick them out. This is a great site and some high iq basketball ball people on here. Never mind the trolls. Go Grove

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

The way Webster is playing right now, put us wherever on the board. aint scurred

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54

Return to “Boys Basketball”