Division IV Sectional @ Northwest

Hoopie74
SEOP

Re: Division IV Sectional @ Northwest

Post by Hoopie74 »

Peebles now at 8-7 with Fayetteville Tuesday at Home,Clermont Northeastern and their 6'7" Sophmore star Wednesday at home then Friday taking on Manchester at Manchester and Federal Hocking g at home Saturday. Hopefully the Indians can close out the year strong and ready themselves for tournament.

sportsjunky22
Waterboy

Post by sportsjunky22 »

I can see teams trying to avoid whiteoak in the NW sectional. Even though they have lost 8 out of last 9 games, they are still dangerous. Coaches look for the best matchup they can get, instead of record sometimes.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

sportsjunky22 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:56 am I can see teams trying to avoid whiteoak in the NW sectional. Even though they have lost 8 out of last 9 games, they are still dangerous. Coaches look for the best matchup they can get, instead of record sometimes.
Absolutely agree. Whiteoak is dangerous.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Northwest sectional teams are records:

Ironton St. Joe (12-3)
New Boston (12-5)
Green (10-6)
Peebles (8-7)
Fairfield Leesburg (7-7)
Whiteoak (6-10)
Clay (5-11)
Sciotoville East (3-13)
Manchester (3-13)
Notre Dame (1-14)

I'm still seeing the following:

1.) New Boston
2.) Green
3.) Ironton St. Joe
4.) Peebles
5.) Fairfield Leesburg
6.) Whiteoak
7.) Clay
8.) East
9.) Manchester
10.) Notre Dame

St. Joe might get the 2 seed over Green from an early season win.... but if you take whole season into account and both squads fully healthy, Green is the better team.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

If Green beats New Boston with Kimbler this time around, I think they deserve the 1 seed with their wins over Coal Grove and South Webster (and St. Joe if they in the conversation).*

sportsjunky22
Waterboy

Post by sportsjunky22 »

I could see seeding going 2 ways..

1. NB
2. Green
3. St Joe
4. Peebles
5. Fairfield
6. Whiteoak
7. Clay
8. East
9. Manchester
10. ND

2nd way

1. NB
2. Green
3. Peebles
4. St Joe
5. Fairfield
6. Clay
7. Whiteoak
8. East
9. ND
10. Manchester

2nd option is if 3 seed is looking to avoid Whiteoak. Also if SHAC schools may get together and say they let's get 3 teams to the CONVO. Things can get interesting. Lowest Green goes is 2 and lowest NB goes is 2.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I agree with your top version.

1. NB
2. Green
3. St Joe
4. Peebles
5. Fairfield
6. Whiteoak
7. Clay
8. East
9. Manchester
10. ND

Just a hunch I'm betting the Meigs sectional goes like this

1. Coal Grove
2. Trimble
3. Waterford
4. South Gallia
5. South Webster
6. Eastern Meigs
7. Southern
8.) Symmes Valley
9.) Federal Hocking
10.) Miller

Convo would include the following games (assuming top 2 seeds win their sectional final)

Coal Grove vs. Peebles/Fairfield winner
Green vs. E Meigs / Waterford winner

New Boston vs. South Webster / South Gallia winner
Trimble vs. Whiteoak / St. Joe winner

That keeps the top 4 teams (Coal Grove, South Webster, New Boston, Green) all separated fairly with 2 on each side of the bracket.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Being the 1 seed would fix one problem for NB!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

This sectional is a two horse race, Green and New Boston at 1 and 2, in no particular order. As said before, the SHAC four could make it interesting by trying to manipulate where Peebles, White Oak and Fairfield would fit in the middle to avoid each other and attempt to send as many teams to the convo as possible. I see this as a three tiered sectional, Green and NB at the top, St. Joe, Fairfield, WO, Peebles and Clay in the middle tier with East, Manchester and ND at the bottom.

Doing the right thing is rarely easy.
sportsjunky22
Waterboy

Post by sportsjunky22 »

Frank Reagan wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:14 am This sectional is a two horse race, Green and New Boston at 1 and 2, in no particular order. As said before, the SHAC four could make it interesting by trying to manipulate where Peebles, White Oak and Fairfield would fit in the middle to avoid each other and attempt to send as many teams to the convo as possible. I see this as a three tiered sectional, Green and NB at the top, St. Joe, Fairfield, WO, Peebles and Clay in the middle tier with East, Manchester and ND at the bottom.
Yes I agree. This is why I think you will see Peebles get the 3 seed, St Joe 4, FF 5, Clay 6, and Whiteoak 7 due to the fact the SHAC will want as many teams as possible to get to the convo. Is Whiteoak better than Clay, Yes. Once again, I am sure Peebles would rather play Clay than Whiteoak. St. Joe may have a better record than Peebles but I think Peebles it the better team. It's all about matchups once again.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

In my 20 years of caring about this sectional I can’t name 1 time the SHL/SHAC has bonded together to get their best matchup.....the SOC has done it 15x but can’t ever recall SHAC doing it.

sportsjunky22
Waterboy

Post by sportsjunky22 »

Maybe... Maybe not... just stating this could be a situation. I don't think it will happen, but it could.

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:43 am In my 20 years of caring about this sectional I can’t name 1 time the SHL/SHAC has bonded together to get their best matchup.....the SOC has done it 15x but can’t ever recall SHAC doing it.
I can see your point and you're probably correct, but the SOC's teams are pretty much the tops (NB and Green) and toward the bottom with East and Notre Dame. I don't see much upsetting that apple cart. The ones I see with the jockeying position are the SHAC teams log jammed with SJ and Clay. It might depend on the SOC trying to help out their new brother in SJ, since SJ will be joining the league next season. IDK, just speculating, but I'm no Nostradamus. I'm more a Nostra-dumb-***. :lol:

Doing the right thing is rarely easy.
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

What are the correct records heading into the last week or so. Peebles now at 11-7. Young Indians are starting to learn the game

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

D4 Ripley has wrapped up at least a tie for SHAC division 1 with 3 league games left. Peebles now has a 1 game lead in SHAC D2 with 3 league games left. As usual the SHAC titles will come down to the final week .

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

These are the updated records that pfloyd has going into the last week. Seeding will be this Sunday, February 10th.

1. NB (13-5)
2. Green (12-6)
3. St Joe (12-5)
4. Peebles (11-7)
5. Fairfield (8-8)
6. Whiteoak (7-10)
7. Clay (5-13)
8. East (3-13)
9. Manchester (3-14)
10. ND (1-16)

That's the order I think they will end up.

Guinness1759
Waterboy

Post by Guinness1759 »

I would put Peebles at No# 3 ahead of St joe . Peebles strength of schedule over St joe's.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Winner of tomorrow night's Green/NB game should get the #1 imo. Then I'd have Peebles#3,St.Joe at #4, Fairfield #5 and Whiteoak at #6. #7Clay,#8Manchester,East at #9 then #10 Notre Dame.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Might come down to whether Peebles rather face Fairfield or Whiteoak. Whiteoak has Traeton Hamilton getting back and should be full go by tournament time. That’s a factor.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

TTT

Return to “Boys Basketball”