Freshman Team

Re: Logan Elm @ Teays Valley 1/8/19

Post by BUCKEYES »

Final LE 62 TV 57.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

BUCKEYES wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:30 pm Final LE 62 TV 57.
Very good. And the MSL gets further muddied up!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Has Coach Stiverson gotten a reprieve after getting a couple wins, or do we still want to run him out of town ?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

If Coach Stiverson gets to the Final Four this season with four sophomores starting, then Travis will give him a reprieve. Until then.....

Seriously, Logan Elm is continuing to improve and it was a good game to watch.

BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Post by BUCKEYES »

bman, do you have the stats of the game? Seemed like to me when teams shut one or even two of those soph down two more step up and I was wondering who had the points last night because it seemed like they shut Sailor down pretty good.

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

The MSL Buckeye is insane I really think a 3 loss team could win it.

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:08 am Has Coach Stiverson gotten a reprieve after getting a couple wins, or do we still want to run him out of town ?
There team is young. Both Coach Stiverson and Coach Holbert played basketball locally and in College. They are two very good basketball coaches. They are in a learning phase with a very young and talented team. Look at Trimble 7-0 probably a kid no taller than 5"10 and they are playing Freshman and Juniors. No Seniors at all...

I hope they do go to the final four to prove all you negative people wrong. Good Luck the rest of the season.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

tomcat82 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:27 pm
VetteMan wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:08 am Has Coach Stiverson gotten a reprieve after getting a couple wins, or do we still want to run him out of town ?
There team is young. Both Coach Stiverson and Coach Holbert played basketball locally and in College. They are two very good basketball coaches. They are in a learning phase with a very young and talented team. Look at Trimble 7-0 probably a kid no taller than 5"10 and they are playing Freshman and Juniors. No Seniors at all...

I hope they do go to the final four to prove all you negative people wrong. Good Luck the rest of the season.
Just curious, where did Stiverson and Holbert play their College ball at?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

BUCKEYES wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:45 am bman, do you have the stats of the game? Seemed like to me when teams shut one or even two of those soph down two more step up and I was wondering who had the points last night because it seemed like they shut Sailor down pretty good.
Ward 31, Wietelmann 15, Sailor 6 and Chalfin 4 for the sophomores. Watson had 4 and Harrington 2.

LE was something like 19-34 from the field and 18-21 at the line.

BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Post by BUCKEYES »

Thanks bman, they seem to be improving as a team, Huffman should be back soon I think as well

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

Nice win by LE!

bradyquinnd
Waterboy

Post by bradyquinnd »

[There team is young. Both Coach Stiverson and Coach Holbert played basketball locally and in College. They are two very good basketball coaches. They are in a learning phase with a very young and talented team. Look at Trimble 7-0 probably a kid no taller than 5"10 and they are playing Freshman and Juniors. No Seniors at all...

[/quote]Just curious, where did Stiverson and Holbert play their College ball at?

They played at Capitol.

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

bradyquinnd wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:51 am [There team is young. Both Coach Stiverson and Coach Holbert played basketball locally and in College. They are two very good basketball coaches. They are in a learning phase with a very young and talented team. Look at Trimble 7-0 probably a kid no taller than 5"10 and they are playing Freshman and Juniors. No Seniors at all...

They played at Capitol.
[/quote]

Thanks for answering this. The both played at Capitol University. They both have very good knowledge of the sport.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

tomcat82 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:52 pm
bradyquinnd wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:51 am [There team is young. Both Coach Stiverson and Coach Holbert played basketball locally and in College. They are two very good basketball coaches. They are in a learning phase with a very young and talented team. Look at Trimble 7-0 probably a kid no taller than 5"10 and they are playing Freshman and Juniors. No Seniors at all...

They played at Capitol.
Thanks for answering this. The both played at Capitol University. They both have very good knowledge of the sport.
[/quote]

Logan Elm is very blessed to have one of the best coaching staffs in boys basketball in our district. Most Logan Elm fans realize this and completely support Coach Stiverson, Coach Holbert, Coach Dropsey and down the line.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bman wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:06 pm
tomcat82 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:52 pm

They played at Capitol.
Logan Elm is very blessed to have one of the best coaching staffs in boys basketball in our district. Most Logan Elm fans realize this and completely support Coach Stiverson, Coach Holbert, Coach Dropsey and down the line.
[/quote]

Right on the money bman ... to have a PROGRAM like LE it starts at the top - with the "philosophy" of the head coach, add to the mix an assistant, JV coach who believe in that philosophy -in the case of LE Coaches Holbert and Dropsey happen to be outstanding coaches of the game in their own right ... throw in the next ingredient - ALL of these coaches are outstanding TEACHERS of the game ! it is one thing to know the Xs & Os of the game it's another to be able to get THAT across to the kids ... and finally you need longevity - the people on your staff need to be around long enough to provide the consistency needed to tie ALL of the fundamentals, the philosophy together to see results at the varsity level ... Coach Stiverson, Coach Holbert, Coach Dropsey et.al. are just such a coaching staff ... I'm not at all surprised at the wins or even the losses - youngsters learning to play the game have those kinds of ups & downs - it's the nature of the beast ... due to the coaching, the system the W's over the "tougher" opponents on the schedule ARE there ! are there in this sophomore season ! they will continue to be there ! when you have the coaching, the talent, and the talent buys into the coaching philosophy because they TOO believe that what they are being taught will work ...put it together and you get a winner ... the LE program under Coach Stiverson & his staff has always been a winner ... I posted on the South Webster vs Wheelersburg thread that I told a Jeeps fan that I only go see good teams when I watch high school basketball - hmmmm I make sure I see Logan Elm every single year ...

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:20 pm
bman wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:06 pm
tomcat82 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:52 pm Just curious, where did Stiverson and Holbert play their College ball at?

They played at Capitol.
Right on the money bman ... to have a PROGRAM like LE it starts at the top - with the "philosophy" of the head coach, add to the mix an assistant, JV coach who believe in that philosophy -in the case of LE Coaches Holbert and Dropsey happen to be outstanding coaches of the game in their own right ... throw in the next ingredient - ALL of these coaches are outstanding TEACHERS of the game ! it is one thing to know the Xs & Os of the game it's another to be able to get THAT across to the kids ... and finally you need longevity - the people on your staff need to be around long enough to provide the consistency needed to tie ALL of the fundamentals, the philosophy together to see results at the varsity level ... Coach Stiverson, Coach Holbert, Coach Dropsey et.al. are just such a coaching staff ... I'm not at all surprised at the wins or even the losses - youngsters learning to play the game have those kinds of ups & downs - it's the nature of the beast ... due to the coaching, the system the W's over the "tougher" opponents on the schedule ARE there ! are there in this sophomore season ! they will continue to be there ! when you have the coaching, the talent, and the talent buys into the coaching philosophy because they TOO believe that what they are being taught will work ...put it together and you get a winner ... the LE program under Coach Stiverson & his staff has always been a winner ... I posted on the South Webster vs Wheelersburg thread that I told a Jeeps fan that I only go see good teams when I watch high school basketball - hmmmm I make sure I see Logan Elm every single year ...

Great Comment.. I totally agree.. GO BRAVES!

[/quote]

Return to “Boys Basketball”