Frontier (6-3) @ Fort Frye (5-4) 1/9

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Frontier (6-3) @ Fort Frye (5-4) 1/9

Post by EasternDspy »

Weird Wed night game. Could be the last 2 times these 2 teams play in basketball in awhile.
Last edited by EasternDspy on Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hawks1112
Varsity

Re: Frontier (5-3) @ Fort Frye (5-4) 1/9

Post by Hawks1112 »

I have Frontier ar 6-3 beating Bellaire St John's on December 29 by score of 57-20
Fort Frye by 35

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:14 pm Weird Wed night game. Could be the last 2 times these 2 teams play in basketball in awhile.
Whats the reason that you don't see them playing each other again ? I know it was discussed earlier about teams leaving the league etc, Is that the reason ?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Hawks1112 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:59 am I have Frontier ar 6-3 beating Bellaire St John's on December 29 by score of 57-20
Fort Frye by 35
Yea I wasn’t sure OVAC.org had not updated it.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:29 am
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:14 pm Weird Wed night game. Could be the last 2 times these 2 teams play in basketball in awhile.
Whats the reason that you don't see them playing each other again ? I know it was discussed earlier about teams leaving the league etc, Is that the reason ?
They left PVC start up new league next year. I know Fort has had a problem scheduling teams. If Frontier won’t Fort in football I doubt Fort will play them in basketball.

Hawks1112
Varsity

Re: Frontier (6-3) @ Fort Frye (5-4) 1/9

Post by Hawks1112 »

Frontier is getting in a new league next year, who's going to be in that league. Where do you think Fort,will go to look for a new league, when the PVC disbands

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Hawks1112 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:29 pm Frontier is getting in a new league next year, who's going to be in that league. Where do you think Fort,will go to look for a new league, when the PVC disbands
The new league is

Monroe Central
Shadyside
Bridgeport
Frontier
River

Also in talks to get Magnolia as well

I’m not sure what the other PVC teams will do. No longer will be a PVC with 3 schools. I figure they’ll just try to stay ovac. That being said OVAC teams don’t want to play them so they might get enough games to qualify. They are struggling to schedule in football still have 2 openings. If the TVC would invite them I think they would say yes to get locked in schedules

Hawks1112
Varsity

Post by Hawks1112 »

Why doesn't the ovac teams want to play FF,are they afraid of getting beat by the Cadets, or is it something else,was just curious

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Hawks1112 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:07 pm Why doesn't the ovac teams want to play FF,are they afraid of getting beat by the Cadets, or is it something else,was just curious
Combination of not wanting to get beat and crappy travel.

Hawks1112
Varsity

Post by Hawks1112 »

To bad you guys weren't so far south I'm sure the IVC league would like to have you guys in the league, never really understood why Buckeye Trail wanted in the IVC, it's a good hour Drive from Berlin to Trail and that's by car

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Hawks1112 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:20 pm To bad you guys weren't so far south I'm sure the IVC league would like to have you guys in the league, never really understood why Buckeye Trail wanted in the IVC, it's a good hour Drive from Berlin to Trail and that's by car
Trail probably is stuck but I heard they regret going to the IVC.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:09 pm
Hawks1112 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:07 pm Why doesn't the ovac teams want to play FF,are they afraid of getting beat by the Cadets, or is it something else,was just curious
Combination of not wanting to get beat and crappy travel.
Isn't it sad? Fort Frye has no special advantages that I can think of. They're not big for their division. The district is all spread out. Nobody is transferring to Fort Frye to play sports. Step up and compete.

I know they just expanded, but I still say The MVL is the way to go.

Hawks1112
Varsity

Post by Hawks1112 »

I agree with having Fort Frye join mvl small school division,then they could let Cambridge join mvl big school division,the new mvl big, small school league is supposed to start in 2020-21 school year
Small school division what it would look like with this year's enrollment figures
237 New Lex
218. Morgan
211. Meadowbrook
176. Coshocton
175. West Muskingum
148. Fort Frye, then add them to the small school division
134. Crooksville

Big school division
396. Tri-Valley
316. Sheridan
285. River View
282. Maysville
270. John Glenn
264. Philo
242. Cambridge , then add them to the big school division

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Hawks1112 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:33 pm I agree with having Fort Frye join mvl small school division,then they could let Cambridge join mvl big school division,the new mvl big, small school league is supposed to start in 2020-21 school year
Small school division what it would look like with this year's enrollment figures
237 New Lex
218. Morgan
211. Meadowbrook
176. Coshocton
175. West Muskingum
148. Fort Frye, then add them to the small school division
134. Crooksville

Big school division
396. Tri-Valley
316. Sheridan
285. River View
282. Maysville
270. John Glenn
264. Philo
242. Cambridge , then add them to the big school division

I’d love that Fort could compete to.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:07 pm That being said OVAC teams don’t want to play them so they might get enough games to qualify.
I think I asked this before, but I don't remember if I ever saw an answer - what OVAC schools turned down Fort Frye in football?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

[flash=][/flash]
enigmaax wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:39 am
EasternDspy wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:07 pm That being said OVAC teams don’t want to play them so they might get enough games to qualify.
I think I asked this before, but I don't remember if I ever saw an answer - what OVAC schools turned down Fort Frye in football?
Well it’s Jan 8th and Fort only has 8 games in football. They have pretty much asked every D5-D7 team in the OVAC to play them the last 3 years. They did get Magnolia to play them next season. Would love to see Fort Frye play Bellaire.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

enigmaax wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:39 am
Also you got teams like Warren saying they will play them and then backing out in May.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:13 am Well it’s Jan 8th and Fort only has 8 games in football. They have pretty much asked every D5-D7 team in the OVAC to play them the last 3 years. They did get Magnolia to play them next season. Would love to see Fort Frye play Bellaire.
Yeah, I was wondering what type of teams they were asking. Fort Frye is 3-A in the OVAC. Cameron (WV) was the only team with a winning record in 1-A. In 2-A, FF played SCC and the only other good programs there are Shadyside & Wheeling Central (Southern had a good season this year). Did any of these schools turn FF down and was it because of competitiveness or just couldn't find the right open week? Have they tried any 4-A OVAC schools like St. Clairsville, Martins Ferry, Meadowbrook? I would just find it weird that the top programs would be afraid.
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:14 am Also you got teams like Warren saying they will play them and then backing out in May.
Yeah, not sure what happened there and I know that put FF in a bind. I'd still say though that FF, being perhaps THE top program in the entire area, I'm not sure what playing a miserable Warren program gains them anyway (gate money, I guess). That's why I'm asking about who turns them down - you paint with a pretty wide brush that everyone is afraid of them, so I'm curious if they are being turned down by equal/better programs?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

enigmaax wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:59 am
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:13 am Well it’s Jan 8th and Fort only has 8 games in football. They have pretty much asked every D5-D7 team in the OVAC to play them the last 3 years. They did get Magnolia to play them next season. Would love to see Fort Frye play Bellaire.
Yeah, I was wondering what type of teams they were asking. Fort Frye is 3-A in the OVAC. Cameron (WV) was the only team with a winning record in 1-A. In 2-A, FF played SCC and the only other good programs there are Shadyside & Wheeling Central (Southern had a good season this year). Did any of these schools turn FF down and was it because of competitiveness or just couldn't find the right open week? Have they tried any 4-A OVAC schools like St. Clairsville, Martins Ferry, Meadowbrook? I would just find it weird that the top programs would be afraid.
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:14 am Also you got teams like Warren saying they will play them and then backing out in May.
Yeah, not sure what happened there and I know that put FF in a bind. I'd still say though that FF, being perhaps THE top program in the entire area, I'm not sure what playing a miserable Warren program gains them anyway (gate money, I guess). That's why I'm asking about who turns them down - you paint with a pretty wide brush that everyone is afraid of them, so I'm curious if they are being turned down by equal/better programs?

Could just be not the right open weeks. Fort is opened weeks 4 and 6. Had week 2 and 10 opened filled them with Nelsonville York and Magnolia. Some of the teams that Fort would love to play but won’t play them St Mary’s , Williamstown , Marietta , Crooksville , Miller , and Roane County. Those are the teams I know for sure they’ve tried to schedule recently. Also Steubenville Central Cath wouldn’t renew the contract after 2 years of Fort dominating.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:14 am
enigmaax wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:59 am

Could just be not the right open weeks. Fort is opened weeks 4 and 6. Had week 2 and 10 opened filled them with Nelsonville York and Magnolia. Some of the teams that Fort would love to play but won’t play them St Mary’s , Williamstown , Marietta , Crooksville , Miller , and Roane County. Those are the teams I know for sure they’ve tried to schedule recently. Also Steubenville Central Cath wouldn’t renew the contract after 2 years of Fort dominating.
The only one of those games that would be quality competition is Williamstown (I know St. Mary's may have just had one down year). I'd love to see FF beat the crap out of Marietta. I'm sure they'll end up with some quality games - NY and Magnolia are going to be good ones and in the long run, they'll be much better off.

Side note, I went on a trip this weekend and passed through Painesville, Ohio. I remember FF playing Painesville Harvey when I was in maybe junior high or high school. Wonder why they had to go so far way back then.

Return to “Boys Basketball”