Wheelersburg @ South Webster 1/8/19

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Wheelersburg @ South Webster 1/8/19

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Let’s get those early predictions and thoughts in.

Holden vs Blevins

I think this could be the game of the year.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Wheelersburg @ South Webster 1/8/19

Post by Ironman92 »

Burg by 11

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... will there be a Freshmen game Tuesday night between the Jeeps & the Pirates or is this one JV/Varsity only ? JV have a 6pm tip off ?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Webster doesn’t have a freshman team PFloyd

6pm JV tip-off in the House That Brett Roberts Built

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Webster by 9

Holden will be on the bench with foul trouble I’d bet the farm on it

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Swanker Pine wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:20 pm Webster doesn’t have a freshman team PFloyd

6pm JV tip-off in the House That Brett Roberts Built
Google Maps has South Webster a little over an hour and half away from Logan High School ... a long haul during the week after working all day ... 3 hours on the road (to and from SW) then being to work by 5:15 am the next day ... not sure if I've got that in me LOL ... BUT getting to see both the Burg (who some on SEOP - mostly Wheelersburg fans- go figure -are touting as THE best team in SEOhio ) vs the Jeeps WITH Mr. Blevins might be worth the drive - you only live once ! ... it will be a game day decision LOL ... BUT - again there's ALWAYS a "but" - if I make the trip to SW I will have given the eye test to ALL 9 top 8 teams on my rankings ... 18 of my top 20 teams ... I can be totally fair in basing my rankings on a good comparison (eye's on all teams/players/ starters/benches) between the top teams ... I may have talked myself into a Tuesday night road trip to the land of the Jeeps ! ... hows the hot dogs in Jeep Land ? I have to keep up my 2 hot dog & a water hoops diet with a side of twizzlers ( I supply my own twizzlers) LOL ... thanks Swanker Pine - no freshmen game 6pm tip as usual PROBABLY SRO for this one will need to leave right after school ...

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Good test for SW. Burgers by 10

BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBaskets »

Burg by 25

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

PFloyd if you come down I will personally supply you with the finest pizza Webster has to offer in exchange for moving my dudes into the Elite 8... deal?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Not sure if they have dogs back there or not I’ll have to ask my connections

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Swanker Pine wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:03 pm PFloyd if you come down I will personally supply you with the finest pizza Webster has to offer in exchange for moving my dudes into the Elite 8... deal?
... LOL!!! good stuff ... IF people thought that old pfloyd could be bought I'd weigh 400 lbs LOL ... I'm sure with Mr. Blevins finally back in the lineup the Jeeps will make their own way UP the rankings ... one of the benefits - if there really are any benefits - to having a key player out with an injury is that the rest of the team learns to step up - roles that others didn't have to fill before the injury has now made players take on new roles ... ones that had the injury not occurred they would not have stepped out of their comfort zone to fill ... being forced out of your comfort zone is the only way you improve ! the players find that they CAN be "THAT GUY" ... now that Blevins is back with a SW team which has had to grow as a TEAM without him - it makes for a BETTER/ more mature TEAM imo ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Swanker Pine wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:04 pm Not sure if they have dogs back there or not I’ll have to ask my connections
... if I can get a water to go with my twizzlers I'm all good LOL ...

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:18 pm
Swanker Pine wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:04 pm Not sure if they have dogs back there or not I’ll have to ask my connections
Pfloyd: as a South Webster resident it’s nice to know you will be in our village on Tuesday night.

I wish Court House was off that night so I could join you but I Will be in Washington for the WCH v Adena game. I understand your thoughts on the drive on Tuesday night but it’s not that bad from Logan to SW. take 139 to 279 to Jackson Furnace and come in from The top of the hill to save 5 more minutes and it gives you a view of all of The Village from up there. I will be heading the opposite way in a very short time to get to Springfield Shawnee for the WCH game tonight.

Be safe out there!

I like the Jeeps to keep this one close Tuesday night.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

LD is Courthouse going to be on Webster’s
Schedule next season?

Jeep/pirate
Waterboy

Post by Jeep/pirate »

Pirates by 15. Blevins can matchup athletically with “butter” but not basketball skill wise. If anyone ends up in foul trouble it will be Blevins. But let’s not forget the best player on the floor IMO in Truitt!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:02 pm
Pfloyd: as a South Webster resident it’s nice to know you will be in our village on Tuesday night.

I wish Court House was off that night so I could join you but I Will be in Washington for the WCH v Adena game. I understand your thoughts on the drive on Tuesday night but it’s not that bad from Logan to SW. take 139 to 279 to Jackson Furnace and come in from The top of the hill to save 5 more minutes and it gives you a view of all of The Village from up there. I will be heading the opposite way in a very short time to get to Springfield Shawnee for the WCH game tonight.

Be safe out there!

Lucas! After Pfloyd gets to Jackson, do you really think that 139 to 279 would be a better drive than 93 to Oak Hill,and then 140 to South Webster?

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:20 pm
LucasDavenport wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:02 pm

Be safe out there!

Lucas! After Pfloyd gets to Jackson, do you really think that 139 to 279 would be a better drive than 93 to Oak Hill,and then 140 to South Webster?
Absolutely. I live on 140. Then drive into the Village and go over the hill. 5 minites saved easily.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

You probably know the roads better than I do. It gets dark so early now, I just figured that 93 and 140 would be better than 139 and 279. I thought that Pfloyd would probably have driven 93 before, and mayby not 139.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Make sure you come down 139 then hit the secret shortcut to 279

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

If Webster shoots the ball well and with a healthy Blevins, I think they can upset Burg at home. Tall task but I think SW is capable

Return to “Boys Basketball”