Freshman Team

01/04 Gallia Academy @ Coal Grove

Post by SEOAL74 »

Thoughts on this OVC match-up!

beaverlover
SE

Re: 01/04 Gallia Academy @ Coal Grove

Post by beaverlover »

Tough 3 day stretch for CG. At Oak Hill Wednesday and quick turnaround to take on a good Gallia team. I'll take Gallia by 9

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

This should be a good game I believe GAHS will play a lot better and they have played in their last 2 games. I believe Call will be back and Henry should be near 100 % he was playing with a ankle injury against Logan. I’m taking GAHS by 10 pts in this one. People may not realize this GAHS has only played one game at home this season so far. That will all change after the CG game. I believe that’s when your see this team really take off and play the kind of basketball they need to play.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Coal Grove will be running high after beating OakHill tonight ! Good Luck GA ! Get on the right track.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Coal Grove by 6 at home.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
BigBlue85
Waterboy

Post by BigBlue85 »

Gallia by 15 in this one. No reason why Gallia shouldn't dominate this conference with our talent this season. CG is a good team but will be overmatched in this one. I agree with the above poster who said GAHS will play a lot better in this one. Especially coming off the blowout loss to Logan which was because of the two week layoff and missing Call and not full strength at all. Also I'm sure Harrison has reminded them of the upset loss to CG last season. Many factors will contribute to this being the beginning of a nice run through and over the rest of the OVC. Go Blue Bleed Blue!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I picked Gallia to win the OVC, and by a wide margin. The Blue Devils, though, had better come ready to play. The Hornets get after it on defense. A win by CG will throw the OVC race into chaos.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

A early season turning point for GA ! Best move on with a win !

joshwheeler
Waterboy

Post by joshwheeler »

Watch all 3 games tonight on Facebook.com/coalgrovelive

Keep in mind it’s a home broadcast 😉

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

All the blue devils especially loveday needs to make some foul shots. Coal grove 30 to 28 at half blue devils have probably missed 10 foul shots or more.

After blue devils started to press and loveday dishing out to spots they are beginning to play a little better was down 11 -2 early.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

50/44 Gallia on top

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Gallia wins

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Blue devils came out in first with same game plan that hasn’t been working extended the defense early in this game. The offense and defensive effort much better tonight still need a lot of work execution end. But finally the effort and game plan was there. If blue devil shoot 50% from line this is like a 12 to 15 Point game.

Coal grove has some shooters

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

Always good to avenge a road loss from the previous season. Coal Grove has little depth. Teams can hurt them with a deep bench and foul trouble.

Gallia Academy still doesn’t look like all 5 guys are in the same page offensively to me. This team is going to have to gel soon or it will fail to reach its potential and flame out quickly in the Convo.

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

good win for gallia

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Big Win for GA on the road ! Coal Grove has a fine ball club ! THE OVC IS GOING TO BE A DOG FIGHT !

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

Good win For Gallia shook some of the dust off and beat a good CG team! Gallia now has to start to keep getting better and start making free throws because in big games free throws can come back and beat you. I thought Call and Henry still not at 100%

CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

Good game and atmosphere at the Grove last night.
Had some chances early thanks to some hot shooting and missed Gallia free throws.
McClelland was a killer hitting those 3's. Blouir did a nice job on defense and running the point.
Foul trouble for CG hurt. Went around 3:30 at the end of the 2nd quarter without 3 starters on the floor. Also CG's electric PG (Jaylen McKenzie) sat out the 2nd half (injury) and that along with foul trouble for many hurt CG's ability to apply defensive pressure on the ball.
In summary Gallia should be the OVC favorite. Their athletic players were strong defensively and with McClelland and Loveday's offense they should be fine in most if not all remaining games.
In regard to Loveday I first want to say he conducted himself well in a hostile environment. I am sure every school he plays tries to play rough and talk trash to him whereas I was impressed with how he handled himself. He is also very athletic for someone 7'1. Athletic by how well he runs the floor. Has a nice free throw stroke but was off last night. Offensively he could do whatever he wants. Defensively I think he could do more but against CG who has all guards he had to pull away from the basket a lot. Gallia should scout better and use him against the player that would allow him to drop back and help more. Again CG all players can shoot threes so it was tough for him to make as big a difference defensively. Much respect to the CG kids guarding him as with his height he would do strong post moves where his should plants in their face and they stayed in their.
Again much respect to Gallia and CG in last nights game. Keep fighting CG. Going to make a some noise in D4.
Go Big Grove!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I thought blouir looked as good as he has all year. Haynes he is finally recovered from his knee problems of summer. Thought blain carter looked the best he looked since his sophomore year. Last year after the broken nose he never seemed quite right the rest of year. Seemed very comfortable in his role last night.

From my understanding Mcellend is just to have to play through what he has going on. Unless they decide to set him a few games. He is just going to be a little bothered.

I thought call looked healthy a little rusty and maybe still favoring the injury slightly. A step forward but still work to do. Right back on the floor tonight against point pleasant. Hopefully the improved effort continues

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

svac83 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:52 pm I thought blouir looked as good as he has all year. Haynes he is finally recovered from his knee problems of summer. Thought blain carter looked the best he looked since his sophomore year. Last year after the broken nose he never seemed quite right the rest of year. Seemed very comfortable in his role last night.

From my understanding Mcellend is just to have to play through what he has going on. Unless they decide to set him a few games. He is just going to be a little bothered.

I thought call looked healthy a little rusty and maybe still favoring the injury slightly. A step forward but still work to do. Right back on the floor tonight against point pleasant. Hopefully the improved effort continues
svac83 ... I haven't seen South Point but they beat a good Fairland ball club last night ... do the Pointers have the pieces to give Gallia a game tonight ?

Return to “Boys Basketball”