Logan Sectonal

bman
SEO

Re: Logan Sectonal

Post by bman »

Can't wait to enjoy some basketball with pfloyd in his sky box at the Purple Palace. Talk about a plush set-up for the guru of SE Ohio basketball.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bman wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:46 pm Can't wait to enjoy some basketball with pfloyd in his sky box at the Purple Palace. Talk about a plush set-up for the guru of SE Ohio basketball.
... not a bad Cheap Seat location is it bman ?!! - as long we aren't overrun by the radio guys it's perfect LOL ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

A very crucial two weeks we are in the midst of.

Fairfield Union knocks off Sheridan
Athens plays at Warren on Friday
Logan Elm surprised some folks with a win over H.T.

Given how strong the SE sectional appears to be, how much of an importance is there to earning the 1 or the 2 in Logan?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens at Warren could be for the #1 seed. Where is WarriorBlue

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

Do not sleep on Fairfield Union. They are very skilled, well coached and very long. They play a tough schedule and have been banged up for most of the season. They have had 2 big wins in a row and I look for them to start rolling.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Bud07 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:15 pm Do not sleep on Fairfield Union. They are very skilled, well coached and very long. They play a tough schedule and have been banged up for most of the season. They have had 2 big wins in a row and I look for them to start rolling.
What happened against Unioto? They don’t have much length and are young

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:09 pm
Bud07 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:15 pm Do not sleep on Fairfield Union. They are very skilled, well coached and very long. They play a tough schedule and have been banged up for most of the season. They have had 2 big wins in a row and I look for them to start rolling.
Unioto is good

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:17 pm
Unioto is good
I should’ve asked you. Unioto is a good young team....what was the difference between Jackson and FU in your matchups?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:21 pm

Unioto is good
I should’ve asked you. Unioto is a good young team....what was the difference between Jackson and FU in your matchups?
Effort and focus in my opinion. Unioto vs Jackson we looked sluggish. Not saying Jackson didn’t have anything to do with it but it definitely wasn’t the same effort I’ve been used to seeing.

I think Unioto came out more determined and focused against FU the following night and gave us a sample of what this team is actually capable of.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:29 pm

Unioto is good
Effort and focus in my opinion. Unioto vs Jackson we looked sluggish. Not saying Jackson didn’t have anything to do with it but it definitely wasn’t the same effort I’ve been used to seeing.

I think Unioto came out more determined and focused against FU the following night and gave us a sample of what this team is actually capable of.
Ok, how does FU compare to Jackson in length and athleticism? Depth? Guard play? Post play? We scrimmaged them in the preseason but I wasn’t able to see any of it. I think we did pretty well.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

All are good points.
I've seen many, many, many times high school kids go out & lose focus. Hell, one of Athens teams loaded with Burrow, Lutz & company lost at home to Wellston ... And you know what - it cost them in the seeding.

It doesn't matter at voting time if your team loses focus, plays bad one night or officiating is terrible ... An 'L' is an 'L' on your overall record.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:42 pm All are good points.
I've seen many, many, many times high school kids go out & lose focus. Hell, one of Athens teams loaded with Burrow, Lutz & company lost at home to Wellston ... And you know what - it cost them in the seeding.

It doesn't matter at voting time if your team loses focus, plays bad one night or officiating is terrible ... An 'L' is an 'L' on your overall record.
And teams without league affiliation it tends to hurt even more...but let’s no go politics just yet

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:39 pm

Ok, how does FU compare to Jackson in length and athleticism? Depth? Guard play? Post play? We scrimmaged them in the preseason but I wasn’t able to see any of it. I think we did pretty well.
Their pg is phenomenal and they have a couple kids 6’5+ and one of them can flat out shoot it and the other is a solid post player. They didn’t have much off the bench but They are very athletic at all positions. They actually remind me a lot of Jackson. I feel like where you guys will have an advantage is your strength. FU is very athletic but they’re long and lanky where you guys have a little more beef with Yates and Davis. You guys are a little more disciplined on the defensive end in my opinion also. FU got behind against us and were forced to press and just didn’t look comfortable. We shredded their press and they were forced to start fouling early

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:57 pm

Their pg is phenomenal and they have a couple kids 6’5+ and one of them can flat out shoot it and the other is a solid post player. They didn’t have much off the bench but They are very athletic at all positions. They actually remind me a lot of Jackson. I feel like where you guys will have an advantage is your strength. FU is very athletic but they’re long and lanky where you guys have a little more beef with Yates and Davis. You guys are a little more disciplined on the defensive end in my opinion also. FU got behind against us and were forced to press and just didn’t look comfortable. We shredded their press and they were forced to start fouling early
Thanks

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:08 pm
mlittle wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:57 pm

Thanks
Welcome

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

Well they start 6'5, 6'5, 6'4, 6'2 and 6'0 all are long lanky. They flat out lost to unioto. All I said is I wouldn't sleep on them and I believe they are better than their record shows. They play a good schedule and it will show come tournament time. JMO

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Bud07 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:18 pm
Well they start 6'5, 6'5, 6'4, 6'2 and 6'0 all are long lanky. They flat out lost to unioto. All I said is I wouldn't sleep on them and I believe they are better than their record shows. They play a good schedule and it will show come tournament time. JMO
Good length. No doubt. FU always solid and well coached.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the win by Fairfield Union blew the doors off this sectional imo ... Sheridan was pretty much a "given" to be the #1 seeded team in the sectional BUT with the loss to FU ... they showed ME anyway that they are not as good as last years SHS team ... not as deep for sure, they ARE talented but definitely a "beatable" team - still have a question mark on their perimeter ball handling , 2 scorers in Heileman inside and Heller on the perimeter/and dribble penetration going to his left ... after that - questionable scoring potential imo ... I didn't see "improvement" over last years team vs Fairfield Union ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I haven't seen Warren yet - I'll see this Friday's game vs Athens- THAT is an important game in the seeding for the Logan Sectional for sure ! Warren is as disciplined as FU ... they would be a tough match-up for Sheridan similar to FU ... the discipline and coaching gives Warren the edge vs Sheridan the same as FU vs Sheridan - discipline & coaching advantage for FU ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:21 pm ... I haven't seen Warren yet - I'll see this Friday's game vs Athens- THAT is an important game in the seeding for the Logan Sectional for sure ! Warren is as disciplined as FU ... they would be a tough match-up for Sheridan similar to FU ... the discipline and coaching gives Warren the edge vs Sheridan the same as FU vs Sheridan - discipline & coaching advantage for FU ...
FU, Sheridan, Warren, FU, discipline, coaching, FU, yadda, yadda, yadda ...

What happens if Athens beats Warren at the Warrior Dome. :roll:

Return to “Boys Basketball”