Logan Sectonal

VisionQuest
All State

Re: Logan Sectonal

Post by VisionQuest »

Wow. I definitely didn't see this coming. Just think FU gets out of Amanda with a 40-38 win this past Tuesday-if they lose that game where would that have dropped them. Just to 3 and Warren gets the 2 or would a loss to Amanda have dropped them to 4? I don’t know. I think Athens was really disrespected here but it is what it is. Good luck to all teams.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:05 pm Wow. I definitely didn't see this coming. Just think FU gets out of Amanda with a 40-38 win this past Tuesday-if they lose that game where would that have dropped them. Just to 3 and Warren gets the 2 or would a loss to Amanda have dropped them to 4? I don’t know. I think Athens was really disrespected here but it is what it is. Good luck to all teams.
Strength of schedule matters.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:05 pm Wow. I definitely didn't see this coming. Just think FU gets out of Amanda with a 40-38 win this past Tuesday-if they lose that game where would that have dropped them. Just to 3 and Warren gets the 2 or would a loss to Amanda have dropped them to 4? I don’t know. I think Athens was really disrespected here but it is what it is. Good luck to all teams.
VC has been in the same situation. The TVC as a whole doesn’t get much respect because of the size of schools in the conference. Most years, only 2-3 D2 teams with the rest being smaller. And honestly, no one but VC has really done anything in the tournament over the last 10 years.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Dundas wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:10 pm
VC has been in the same situation. The TVC as a whole doesn’t get much respect because of the size of schools in the conference. Most years, only 2-3 D2 teams with the rest being smaller. And honestly, no one but VC has really done anything in the tournament over the last 10 years.
We played in 1 regional in last 10 years
How many has VC played in 2? lol

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:13 pm
Credit for doing anything in the tournament doesn’t start until the 2nd time...then, you get full credit. Obvy

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

bman wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:57 pm
Dundas wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:52 pm I think the coaches got it right. Sheridan has the best record and played a tough schedule.

FFu beat Sheridan but has a few more losses.

Warren was upset by Marietta, who is in the bottom half.

Athens was upset by VC, who is in the bottom half.
Also don’t discount Westfall against Marietta. They are 4-2 in their last 6. Only losses to Adena and Zane Trace(3 point game under 4 minutes in the 4th). They also beat Unioto in their own floor by 14 who beat Fairfield Union. They had a bad first half but are playing well right now.

The rest pretty much goes by records.

Should be a fun sectional at Logan as it seems like everyone has beaten everyone this year.
Agree, there are some good matchups here if the lower teams play at the top end of their games. Should be a fun sectional.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

2 regional semis and 1 regional final. Multiple sectional titles. I’d have to go back and look at the records to see the exact number but I’d say it’s around 5? I believe Athens only has 1, maybe 2 sectional titles. So, yea. In d2, VC has had success from the TVC. We’ve been in a situation where we’ve had a better record but didn’t get the draw we thought we deserved because of the Conference debate. It is what it is.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Dundas wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:36 pm

2 regional semis and 1 regional final. Multiple sectional titles. I’d have to go back and look at the records to see the exact number but I’d say it’s around 5? I believe Athens only has 1, maybe 2 sectional titles. So, yea. In d2, VC has had success from the TVC. We’ve been in a situation where we’ve had a better record but didn’t get the draw we thought we deserved because of the Conference debate. It is what it is.
How do you like your chances against Warren? 2 great and well respected coaches. I won’t say HOF Coaches because I get scolded for saying that. LOL J/K Bulldog.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:40 pm

How do you like your chances against Warren? 2 great and well respected coaches. I won’t say HOF Coaches because I get scolded for saying that. LOL J/K Bulldog.
Honestly, I don’t know what to expect! Will the team that beat Athens show up for VC or will the team that lost at Miami Trace? My early thoughts on the matchup: VC could pull the upset or lose by 30. Lol

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Dundas wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:45 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:40 pm

Honestly, I don’t know what to expect! Will the team that beat Athens show up for VC or will the team that lost at Miami Trace? My early thoughts on the matchup: VC could pull the upset or lose by 30. Lol
I feel that about several teams in this sectional.

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

There are a lot of great coaches and teams from 2 down all could have a great day and seem to be evenly matched. We might see plenty of upsets in rounds one and two

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

bman wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:10 pm

And I respect that the coaches agree with this

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Falcon01 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:37 pm
bman wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:10 pm

And I respect that the coaches agree with this
Agree, the district coaches have come along in this respect and it will make the programs in the district stronger.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Only 1 point separated 2, 3 and 4!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I dont think Athens ended up in a bad place all things considering. The bottom bracket is stacked with all the teams that beat the Dogs. Lol

Gallia, Waverly, Warren & Vinton.

If they happen to lose to Jackson on Saturday, you can add them to the list as well.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I will believe Maddox wanted the 3 until proven otherwise

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:49 pm I dont think Athens ended up in a bad place all things considering. The bottom bracket is stacked with all the teams that beat the Dogs. Lol

Gallia, Waverly, Warren & Vinton.

If they happen to lose to Jackson on Saturday, you can add them to the list as well.
I'm not sure there is a good place to be in this bracket, honestly. Almost all of these teams could win a game or two just as easily as lose their first one.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

This year D2 Regional is like D2 baseball. Someone is going to State from the area but no one knows who

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

A possible Zane Trace vs Athens District semi final would be ridiculous. The amount of length on that court would be really interesting

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

bman wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:31 am Sheridan
FU
Warren
Athens
Vinton
LE
Marietta
Circleville
New Lex
Westfall
bman, this was your prediction on Jan 19th....pretty impressive with three weeks to play before seedings were published!!

Old man

Return to “Boys Basketball”