Logan Sectonal

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Logan Sectonal

Post by 93Bulldog »

HamPorter wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:07 am
93Bulldog wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:00 am Fairfield Union is (12-7)?

Tough schedule or not, that is a few losses away from being a .500 team. I'm sorry, I applaud the team for playing some tough opponents - but at what level is a team truly rewarded for that? A 22-10 Kentucky team never earns a higher seed than a 28-4 Gonzaga squad. LSU played a brutal schedule in football - did they get in the final 4? You lose games in the NFL, NBA, MLB you don't make the post season. Those are just a few examples.

The Falcons lost to UNIOTO, BLOOM-CARROLL, HAMILTON TOWNSHIP X2, ST. CHARLES, LOGAN ELM, TEAYS VALLEY
So you're yelling about them losing to decent to good teams? Besides Bloom Carroll and Unioto, the rest of those teams are pretty good.

I love the logic of, "we play awful teams and lose to the good ones that we do play, but we are better because we have less losses with a bad schedule"
Bloom-Carroll (5-12)
Unioto (9-10)
Hamilton Township (10-8)
St. Charles (11-8)
Logan Elm (11-8)
Teays Valley (12-9)

Its not like FU lost to Chillicothe or Logan ... That list, while good teams, are not great.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

I'm sure that Fairfield Union will drop to the 4, but their schedule is very tough and they could push a Zane Trace in a District Semi Final. I just think that they are way too inconsistent to win, but they have some nice pieces.

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

FU probably deserves the 4 seed. If they had won last night I'd say better than that, but they didnt so they don't. I still would not want to play them if I were everyone else. I am not looking forward to a FU/LE 3rd game.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm not saying its wrong or right, Ham

It's an age old argument that will go on forever.

Like I said before ... a (22-10) Kentucky team will not be seeded higher than a (28-4) Gonzaga team. It's been that way since the beginning of the tournament.

I'm not sure I ever remember a (12-7) team earning a top 3 seed at Logan ... Maybe 2019 will be the first. Who knows.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Did FU roll the dice big time when they scheduled this make-up game right around Seeding? I mean if they don’t play this game until after draw it may not hurt them, on the flip side if they were looking to win, maybe they felt it gave them the best shot at a 2? I’m just speculating here.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

VisionQuest wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:37 am Did FU roll the dice big time when they scheduled this make-up game right around Seeding? I mean if they don’t play this game until after draw it may not hurt them, on the flip side if they were looking to win, maybe they felt it gave them the best shot at a 2? I’m just speculating here.
There are only a few days left in the regular season, they probably didn't have a choice.

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

I am hoping that FU can somehow get the #3 seed. Nobody from FU or LE want to have a 3rd game together!!! But I'm sure that is what will happen based on my gut and past SEO seedings.

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

Most all of the deals have been made and coaches have already talked about where they want to be. Its like this every year, I doubt any of the games tonight will make any difference. Even though I think it should coaches are not going to wait until the last minute to make their deals.

WWBBB
Freshman Team

Post by WWBBB »

My 2 cents FWIW

1. Sheridan
2. Warren
3. Athens
4. FU
5. Logan Elm
6. VC
7. Circleville
8. New Lex
9. Marietta
10. Westfall

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

VisionQuest wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:18 am Since bman is going with his heart instead of his head so will I. lol.

Sheridan
Athens
Warren
FU
LE
VC
I'm not a Fairfield Union fan. Just how I see it.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:45 am
bman wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:41 am Sheridan
Warren
Fairfield
Athens
LE
What does the loss to Teays Valley drop FU to?
I dropped them from the two to the three.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

As the Logan Sectional turns. I'm also waiting for our annual discussion about how terrible the Southeast District is about doing this, and how it's time for the district to leave the 1950s and go to an open draw for each division, using all the sectional sites to put the games closest to the teams involved.
Last edited by bman on Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

VisionQuest wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:37 am Did FU roll the dice big time when they scheduled this make-up game right around Seeding? I mean if they don’t play this game until after draw it may not hurt them, on the flip side if they were looking to win, maybe they felt it gave them the best shot at a 2? I’m just speculating here.
This was a league game, so there is an emphasis on scheduling it as soon as it's feasible for both teams.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

SEOPreps after hearing Athens is the #2 seed

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:57 pm SEOPreps after hearing Athens is the #2 seed

:lol: :lol:
You really believe they will get it over Warren?

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

NO!!!! If the coaches look at a weak TVC OHIO league and a 16 point loss to WARREN, then NO!!!! If H2H doesn’t matter at all, then maybe. We will see come Sunday afternoon. Good luck Raider and Quest if you so desire to want it.

Old man
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Sportsfanallnitelong wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:56 pm NO!!!! If the coaches look at a weak TVC OHIO league and a 16 point loss to WARREN, then NO!!!! If H2H doesn’t matter at all, then maybe. We will see come Sunday afternoon. Good luck Raider and Quest if you so desire to want it.
Warren is basically in the PVC and the TVC Hocking

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:13 am
HamPorter wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:07 am
93Bulldog wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:00 am Fairfield Union is (12-7)?

Tough schedule or not, that is a few losses away from being a .500 team. I'm sorry, I applaud the team for playing some tough opponents - but at what level is a team truly rewarded for that? A 22-10 Kentucky team never earns a higher seed than a 28-4 Gonzaga squad. LSU played a brutal schedule in football - did they get in the final 4? You lose games in the NFL, NBA, MLB you don't make the post season. Those are just a few examples.

The Falcons lost to UNIOTO, BLOOM-CARROLL, HAMILTON TOWNSHIP X2, ST. CHARLES, LOGAN ELM, TEAYS VALLEY
So you're yelling about them losing to decent to good teams? Besides Bloom Carroll and Unioto, the rest of those teams are pretty good.

I love the logic of, "we play awful teams and lose to the good ones that we do play, but we are better because we have less losses with a bad schedule"
Bloom-Carroll (5-12)
Unioto (9-10)
Hamilton Township (10-8)
St. Charles (11-8)
Logan Elm (11-8)
Teays Valley (12-9)

Its not like FU lost to Chillicothe or Logan ... That list, while good teams, are not great.
FU also has a win over Columbus Academy: a team that would run roughshod over the TVC-Ohio. JMO

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Sportsfanallnitelong wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:56 pm NO!!!! If the coaches look at a weak TVC OHIO league and a 16 point loss to WARREN, then NO!!!! If H2H doesn’t matter at all, then maybe. We will see come Sunday afternoon. Good luck Raider and Quest if you so desire to want it.
I think Athens deserves at least a 3 seed. Anything else would be icing on the Cake!

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:06 pm
Warren is basically in the PVC and the TVC Hocking
Is that all you got?

Old man

Return to “Boys Basketball”