Logan Sectonal

VisionQuest
All State

Re: Logan Sectonal

Post by VisionQuest »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:06 pm Warren was not Athens' worst loss ... It's actually considered a good loss if anything.

Vinton County is the Bulldogs worst loss.
I suppose I was referring to worst loss as far as point differential Bulldog. I still don’t consider VC a bad loss, Hard to win at VC and against HOF Coach Combs. And again as you have mentioned Athens was without PG Elijah Williams. VC does have a potential TVC POY Candidate in Arbaugh who scored 20 that night. 18 in the 1st half until he was shutdown in 2nd half with 2 points but it was a little late as the damage had been done. 45-44 Final with no time on the clock and a highly questionable call to give VC that One and One to win it with no time on the clock.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:29 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:07 pm FU is the only team in this district no one wants to play. They know how to win come tournament time
Yeah, I'm sure everyone is lining up to play Warren, Raider ... Bad coaching and lack of success makes em an easy target I guess. :mrgreen:
Agree, a number of quality coaches in this sectional.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

VisionQuest wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:30 pm
bman wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:44 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:40 pm So is it fair to say if Conley has a bad night then FU struggles? The thing with Athens is they have a solid starting 5 and a top notch 6th man. Any given night any of those players are the leading scorer. Athens also holds the opponents to an average of around 40 points a game.
We have a few Fairfield posters who can probably answer that better than I can, but I would agree with that and cite the Logan Elm game as an example of that last month.

I would question the strength of Athens' schedule. I've watched them before and will agree with you they have a nice blend of height and athleticism, but with that schedule they should be close to being undefeated. I don't understand, for example, how they lose to Vinton County. I know Vinton is well-coached and I believe that game was at VC, but still.....

To be fair, I can also say the same thing about the Fairfield-Unioto game. With the inconsistency we've seen across the district this season, there have been some baffling results from one night to the next.
The night we lost to VC we were without our starting PG Elijah Williams And it was at Valhalla and against HOF Coach Combs, I don’t think I need to say more. Athens has a pretty tough schedule if you really look at it-like I said the worst loss was to Warren, lost by 6 to a darn good Waverly team which just beat Jackson by 11, only lost to VC by 1 and Gallia Academy by 10 the 1st game of the year and they had Loveday. Athens usually plays Logan Elm and for whatever reason they didn’t play this year during the season. I think Athens has beaten them the last 2 years.
Didn't know about Athens missing their PG for the game, so that sheds some light on it.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I like Matt, great guy - and I'd have to check - but I'm pretty sure he is not in the hall of fame ... So labeling him HOF coach on every post may be a bit inaccurate. lol

And it is a bad loss. The Vikings were blown out by 25 by Jackson ... Lost by 30 to Alexander ... suffered a double digit loss at Meigs ... Lost by 17 at home to Fairfield Union ... They do have a great coach, but that doesn't make up for the fact they are team with a losing record that just lost to Miami Trace of all teams ...

It is a bummer Williams didn't play, but no coach is going to feel sorry for Athens when it comes time to vote - that I can assure. It's a bad loss on the books, period.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:54 pm I like Matt, great guy - and I'd have to check - but I'm pretty sure he is not in the hall of fame ... So labeling him HOF coach on every post may be a bit inaccurate. lol
Hey! He’s in the Unioto Hall of Fame...twice!

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:54 pm I like Matt, great guy - and I'd have to check - but I'm pretty sure he is not in the hall of fame ... So labeling him HOF coach on every post may be a bit inaccurate. lol

And it is a bad loss. The Vikings were blown out by 25 by Jackson ... Lost by 30 to Alexander ... suffered a double digit loss at Meigs ... Lost by 17 at home to Fairfield Union ... They do have a great coach, but that doesn't make up for the fact they are team with a losing record that just lost to Miami Trace of all teams ...

It is a bummer Williams didn't play, but no coach is going to feel sorry for Athens when it comes time to vote - that I can assure. It's a bad loss on the books, period.
Another poster on another thread said they were without a starter last night against Trace. And Eli Griffith has been playing injured on that bad ankle all year. You forgot to mention that Alexander only won 61-60 in Overtime against VC at VC. Also didn’t VC only lose by a couple to Washington Court House last week at VC and it was down to the wire. I think Courthouse is a pretty darn good ball team aren’t they? Are you not taking those things into consideration Bulldog? All this evidence shows it is really hard to win at VC and against COMBS. And over the years all I have ever heard is that Combs and Mattox are a couple of the best Coaches in the state.

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

Meadowbrook went on the road last night and beat (12-2) Steubenville 59-45. I think Meadowbrook now sits at 13-4 or 14-4

Old man
Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Quest, you seem to always try and make excuses. Like Williams didn’t play against VC, and so on......Warren losses to Meadowbrook by 4 and they had a starter out for the game cause of concussion at the John Glenn game, and in that game he left mid 2nd qtr. Bet nobody knew that. Doesn’t matter....you suit up and play with what you got that night!! One more thing before I go....Athens states that they have a great starting 5, with a TOP NOTCH 6th MAN, so don’t blame Williams as not starting caused your loss at Vinton. Probably got out coached and out played!!

Old man
ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

Sportsfanallnitelong wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:37 pm Quest, you seem to always try and make excuses. Like Williams didn’t play against VC, and so on......Warren losses to Meadowbrook by 4 and they had a starter out for the game cause of concussion at the John Glenn game, and in that game he left mid 2nd qtr. Bet nobody knew that. Doesn’t matter....you suit up and play with what you got that night!! One more thing before I go....Athens states that they have a great starting 5, with a TOP NOTCH 6th MAN, so don’t blame Williams as not starting caused your loss at Vinton. Probably got out coached and out played!!
Athens doesn't state anything. It's one poster that says it.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm
Haha shoot. You're right

Unioto HOF Matt Combs is appropriate to say then.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:45 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm
Haha shoot. You're right

Unioto HOF Matt Combs is appropriate to say then.
I forgot, he also did get inducted into the Vinton County HOF as a Coach this year also.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

What I say on here is my opinion solely. However; there are others who say the same things I do. I thought this Forum is for discussion and speculation? If a person takes what I say or what any other poster says and holds it against a team that’s beyond my control. This Forum wouldn’t exist if there weren’t posters on here to discuss these players and games.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

VC & Unioto HOF Matt Combs ... lol
That's gonna blow typing everytime, but it is in fact accurate.
I wish people would address me as HOF 93Bulldog, its gotta nice ring to it. Haha

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

And you have to admit that SEOPREPS has gotten a lot more interesting since I came back out of retirement. I was in the shadows for awhile reading the same old boring stuff day after day and then I said to myself I need to get back out there and shake things up. I figure Advertisement sales are once again through the roof now that old VisionQuest is back in the fold. ;) LOL

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Lol...gotcha😎

Old man
VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Sportsfanallnitelong wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:37 pm Quest, you seem to always try and make excuses. Like Williams didn’t play against VC, and so on......Warren losses to Meadowbrook by 4 and they had a starter out for the game cause of concussion at the John Glenn game, and in that game he left mid 2nd qtr. Bet nobody knew that. Doesn’t matter....you suit up and play with what you got that night!! One more thing before I go....Athens states that they have a great starting 5, with a TOP NOTCH 6th MAN, so don’t blame Williams as not starting caused your loss at Vinton. Probably got out coached and out played!!
I am not making excuses I am just stating Facts and others can draw their own conclusions from that.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

I have nothing against Athens, I felt they had the best returning team this year(coming off last year), but I have seen them play this year and they just are not a good team. They lost to a very bad VC team-with or without a key player--it should have been no contest. I just don't see them making a push in the sectionals---I have seen the coach do too many "adjustments" during a game that where too late. Just does not have them playing together. I really thought they had a chance to make a run to the final 8 or even to Columbus---just don't see it. People also forget that the 1st game they played VC, VC had a chance to win that game at the buzzer. That's all.

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

when is the draw?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Reds Fan wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:53 am when is the draw?
The coaches can vote now through tomorrow (Friday) at 11:59:59 PM. I know some will vote early and possibly make adjustments based on tomorrow’s results.

The brackets will be out at 3:30 on Sunday afternoon.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:03 am
Reds Fan wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:53 am when is the draw?
The coaches can vote now through tomorrow (Friday) at 11:59:59 PM. I know some will vote early and possibly make adjustments based on tomorrow’s results.

The brackets will be out at 3:30 on Sunday afternoon.
Coaches can vote - but bios were written and submitted already. Nothing you did this week is even included.

Not a fan of the system. Get together in Jackson, armed with all the info, and vote in person face to face!

Return to “Boys Basketball”