Logan Sectonal

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Re: Logan Sectonal

Post by svc_guy »

bman wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:09 pm How I'd seed it at the moment.
1. Sheridan
2. Fairfield
3. Warren
4. Athens
5. Vinton
6. Logan Elm
7. Marietta
8. Circleville
9. New Lex
10. Westfall
Only change I would have is Westfall above New Lex. Westfall just beat Unioto on their own floor fairly easy and have won 3 of 4. I may be wrong but New Lex does not have a better win. Probably spitting hairs but how I see it.

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

I'm just looking at their schedule here and I'm trying to see the justification on Athens? Who have they beat? I see some wins, but not against anyone their size that's any good. Maybe I'm wrong I'm sure someone will let me know if I am :D

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Bud07 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:42 am I'm just looking at their schedule here and I'm trying to see the justification on Athens? Who have they beat? I see some wins, but not against anyone their size that's any good. Maybe I'm wrong I'm sure someone will let me know if I am :D
You aren’t wrong at all. They’ll bring up Alexander, just because they haven’t lost much, but I don’t believe in them.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

HamPorter wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:55 am
Bud07 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:42 am I'm just looking at their schedule here and I'm trying to see the justification on Athens? Who have they beat? I see some wins, but not against anyone their size that's any good. Maybe I'm wrong I'm sure someone will let me know if I am :D
You aren’t wrong at all. They’ll bring up Alexander, just because they haven’t lost much, but I don’t believe in them.
I think Athens went 12-2 in its last 14 last year - and are currently 12-4 now ... 24-6 over their last 30 games at the very least tells you they are a solid basketball team. Because of the losses, they are currently projected to be a No. 4 seed. I don't care what your schedule is, a 12-4 team (no matter division or district) will 99% of the time earn at least a 4 seed.

Athens IS a solid team with height, some speed out front and experience. They didn't get the job done in certain games to get a top 2 seed, but that doesn't mean they won't be a formidable opponent in the tournament.

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:03 am
HamPorter wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:55 am
I think Athens went 12-2 in its last 14 last year - and are currently 12-4 now ... 24-6 over their last 30 games at the very least tells you they are a solid basketball team. Because of the losses, they are currently projected to be a No. 4 seed. I don't care what your schedule is, a 12-4 team (no matter division or district) will 99% of the time earn at least a 4 seed.

Athens IS a solid team with height, some speed out front and experience. They didn't get the job done in certain games to get a top 2 seed, but that doesn't mean they won't be a formidable opponent in the tournament.
Definitely think they are a top 4 seed just cant see them being above Warren or Fairfield

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Athens has played a very weak schedule and the league is weak. And to lose at VC--killer.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

vcgrad wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:35 pm Athens has played a very weak schedule and the league is weak. And to lose at VC--killer.
That loss doesn't happen if Elijah was not in street cloths. But ... Those things don't matter a whole lot at seeding time. A loss, is a loss.

I just felt like pointing it out. lol

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Athens has Alex tomorrow which may not get played if we get the snow they are calling for and Jackson on Saturday. They need to get wins over both to at least be a 3 I would think. Jackson is a strong club so a win over them would be big.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

VisionQuest wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:22 pm Athens has Alex tomorrow which may not get played if we get the snow they are calling for and Jackson on Saturday. They need to get wins over both to at least be a 3 I would think. Jackson is a strong club so a win over them would be big.
The snow will be clear by 9am tomorrow. It’s possible to not be able to play, but I highly doubt it.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:37 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:22 pm Athens has Alex tomorrow which may not get played if we get the snow they are calling for and Jackson on Saturday. They need to get wins over both to at least be a 3 I would think. Jackson is a strong club so a win over them would be big.
The snow will be clear by 9am tomorrow. It’s possible to not be able to play, but I highly doubt it.
I’m not sure what each schools policy is. If they cancel school but roads get clear do they still play?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

VisionQuest wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:13 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:37 pm
I’m not sure what each schools policy is. If they cancel school but roads get clear do they still play?
Just depends on the schools. I know the schools in Ross County all play even if there is no school, but obviously it has to be safe for everybody.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Ok Gurus. What are we looking at? Athens gets a big win at the Alley tonight 53-38. Logan Elm wins against Bloom Carroll. And VC loses 44-42 to McClain. Not sure where Fairfield Union and Warren stand now? Is this likely how it is looking so far?

1) Sheridan
2) Warren
3) FU
4) Athens
5) Logan Elm
6) VC

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Going into next week:

1. Sheridan
2. Fairfield
3. Warren
4. Athens
5. LE
6. VC
7. Marietta
8. Circleville
9. NL
10. Westfall

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Logan Sectional
1. Sheridan
2. Warren
3. Athens
4. Fairfield Union
5. Logan Elm
6. Vinton County
7. Marietta
8. Circleville
9. New Lexington
10. Westfall

Southeastern Sectional
1. Zane Trace
2. Jackson
3. WCH
4. Waverly
5. McClain
6. Gallia
7. Unioto
8. Hillsboro
9. River Valley
10. Miami Trace

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

What if Waverly beats Jackson on Tuesday? Will that shake things up any? Especially since Wash C.H. got a win at VC tonight.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:52 pm Logan Sectional
1. Sheridan
2. Warren
3. Athens
4. Fairfield Union
5. Logan Elm
6. Vinton County
7. Marietta
8. Circleville
9. New Lexington
10. Westfall

Southeastern Sectional
1. Zane Trace
2. Jackson
3. WCH
4. Waverly
5. McClain
6. Gallia
7. Unioto
8. Hillsboro
9. River Valley
10. Miami Trace
How do you justify Athens over FU Raider?

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Post by Treyman3 »

I think there are some coaches that will vote more on record than anything else, I can see Athens getting a higher seed than most in here expect.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

If you look at Athens 4 losses the worst loss was to Warren @ the Warrior dome, a game they were down 36-33 after 3 and ended up losing by 16. Hard to win there and against a HOF coach in Mattox at that. Technically hard to win against Warren anywhere if you are Athens. In the 1st game of the year Gallia Academy came to Athens with Loveday who had 17 and left with a 10 point win. The 2nd game of the year Athens lost by 6 to Waverly @ The Piketon Classic. The 4th loss of the year a heartbreaker at Valhalla against HOF Coach Combs and VC Vikings. Player from VC sinks foul shout with no time on the clock to win 45-44. Looking at this and an overall record of 13-4 I like to think Athens deserves at least a 3 seed.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:35 am If you look at Athens 4 losses the worst loss was to Warren @ the Warrior dome, a game they were down 36-33 after 3 and ended up losing by 16. Hard to win there and against a HOF coach in Mattox at that. Technically hard to win against Warren anywhere if you are Athens. In the 1st game of the year Gallia Academy came to Athens with Loveday who had 17 and left with a 10 point win. The 2nd game of the year Athens lost by 6 to Waverly @ The Piketon Classic. The 4th loss of the year a heartbreaker at Valhalla against HOF Coach Combs and VC Vikings. Player from VC sinks foul shout with no time on the clock to win 45-44. Looking at this and an overall record of 13-4 I like to think Athens deserves at least a 3 seed.
I’ll say this on record, not sure I want a Warren Athens rematch in the tournament. Will be interesting, my opinion is Sheridan, Warren then next few spots are truly up for grabs.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

When do they vote?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Boys Basketball”