Logan Sectonal

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Logan Sectonal

Post by 93Bulldog »

VisionQuest wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:07 pm So how big is this game against Marietta on Tuesday for Athens? If They lose are they going to drop below Marietta in the seeds? I mean is Athens looking at a possible 6 seed if they can’t get it done since they just lost to VC?
It's very possible

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:38 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:07 pm So how big is this game against Marietta on Tuesday for Athens? If They lose are they going to drop below Marietta in the seeds? I mean is Athens looking at a possible 6 seed if they can’t get it done since they just lost to VC?
It's very possible
Could be looking at Warren at 3 and Athens at 6 or another VC matchup like last year if those 2 end up 4 and 5 seeds. Going to be interesting.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Seems like just yesterday Athens was playing for possibly the No. 1 seed.

Sheeeeeesh

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:34 pm Seems like just yesterday Athens was playing for possibly the No. 1 seed.

Sheeeeeesh
:oops: :oops: :oops:

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

VisionQuest wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:07 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:34 pm Seems like just yesterday Athens was playing for possibly the No. 1 seed.

Sheeeeeesh
Yea, seems like they are sliding a bit but I don’t think they will go to a 6 will they?!?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Spartan12 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:43 am

Sheeeeeesh
Yea, seems like they are sliding a bit but I don’t think they will go to a 6 will they?!?
If they lose to Marietta, and then Alexander ... Then yes, it's very possible.

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

Am I missing something. Don’t know much about Marietta but don’t they have 4 wins? If so, why would anyone think they will beat Athens. Just curious, have not seen either team.

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

do the 5 and 6 seeds play each other or is it the 4 and 5

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

4 vs 5

Old man
Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

Sportsfanallnitelong wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:19 am 4 vs 5
thanks

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

svc_guy wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:59 am Am I missing something. Don’t know much about Marietta but don’t they have 4 wins? If so, why would anyone think they will beat Athens. Just curious, have not seen either team.
Marietta plays in a tough league. Athens struggles with non-league D-2 teams. Marietta has won the last 2 years I believe. Marietta has some quick guards, good athletes. Athens can’t sleep on Marietta.

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

I think the best case for Athens is to draw VC and play them again. assuming Athens doesn't drop to far in the seeding. obviously playing combs in the tournament is never good but I think that wouldn't be a bad option for Athens.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Bud07 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:35 am It's not nearly as pretty as it has been in recent past for Fairfield Union, but wow can they guard you. They are extremely long and they just make it really tough. They struggle to score at times, but they have a great player and plenty of good pieces around him. As I stated a couple of weeks ago they are going to be a tough out. They are extremely well coached! I look for them to win their 4th straight league title and I know they have had some really good players, but this year will show how high quality that coaching staff is IMO.
... Bud07 I think you are right on the money with everything you posted ... FU is missing "Big Country" Colin Woodside roaming the paint, missing the proven scorers from deep in Lucas Thompson/Spencer Conrad - those names became household names over their careers for the Falcons ... Evan Conley was the new guy last year, became one of the names that we grew to KNOW when filling out the napkin stat sheets ... Conley is still there - an outstanding PG/2 guard - the leader of the TEAM for sure ... now FU has the "new kids on the block" - Chase Poston , was a role player off the bench before this season; Huston Harrah - the big man in the paint minus 40 pounds from my man Woodside - role player/starter on last years team but not THE go to guy for a lot of points ... NOW - Huston IS THE MAN in the middle - points/rebounds go thru HH ... to round out FU - Ryan Magill/Andrew Moll the 2 young guns for FU - long, quality players, mature youngin's who know how to play the game ... when I saw FU beat Sheridan there was no doubt that I was watching an excellent TEAM - very disciplined, solid defenders, great fundamentals at both ends which as YOU pointed out reflects directly back to Coach Eversole/Coach Goodyear/Coach Helber ... when you have the talent that FU has had the last 5-6 years it's hard to look past the talent BUT the coaching THEN was outstanding, the coach NOW is outstanding ... Fairfield Union has been steadily moving UP the rankings #13 this week with a bullet ...

TravisHill222
Freshman Team

Post by TravisHill222 »

When the regular season is over I predict Logan Elm to be anywhere from 7-10

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:52 am
Spartan12 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:43 am
If they lose to Marietta, and then Alexander ... Then yes, it's very possible.
Whats up with the Lancaster game? They not going to reschedule that one?

TravisHill222
Freshman Team

Post by TravisHill222 »

Logan Elm used to be a powerhouse program in the southeast district but not as of late can anyone tell me what the hell happened to such a great program?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The last couple of years they have started freshmen and Soph. So right off it looks like they had a down JR/SR class the last two years. Not for sure but I thought I read on here earlier where they don't have a lot of height. They are doing what a well coach young team will do and that is a lot of ups and downs.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
bman
SEO

Post by bman »

noreply66 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:05 pm The last couple of years they have started freshmen and Soph. So right off it looks like they had a down JR/SR class the last two years. Not for sure but I thought I read on here earlier where they don't have a lot of height. They are doing what a well coach young team will do and that is a lot of ups and downs.
Bingo, and correct about the lack of height. Three starters are 5-10 and another is 5-8. Kids are playing hard and the coaches are working their tails off. Been in every game this season except for two.

Travis, if you can wave your magic wand and turn the starting lineup into 6-2 juniors and seniors, then maybe you'll get the result you want. Give it up. You've been told the same answers over and over.

TravisHill222
Freshman Team

Post by TravisHill222 »

bman wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:51 pm
noreply66 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:05 pm The last couple of years they have started freshmen and Soph. So right off it looks like they had a down JR/SR class the last two years. Not for sure but I thought I read on here earlier where they don't have a lot of height. They are doing what a well coach young team will do and that is a lot of ups and downs.
Bingo, and correct about the lack of height. Three starters are 5-10 and another is 5-8. Kids are playing hard and the coaches are working their tails off. Been in every game this season except for two.

Travis, if you can wave your magic wand and turn the starting lineup into 6-2 juniors and seniors, then maybe you'll get the result you want. Give it up. You've been told the same answers over and over.
Bman it’s been this way for 3 or 4 years now and the talent level just isn’t there

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

TravisHill222 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:49 pm
bman wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:51 pm

Bman it’s been this way for 3 or 4 years now and the talent level just isn’t there
The talent is there, the size isn't. It's a complete package. Those kids are pretty skilled players, but a 5-10 player can only do so much.

Return to “Boys Basketball”