SEO

Re: 12/28 East Liverpool vs Wheelersburg

Post by Tartanblue »

Is this at Burg?

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

It's at East Liverpool. Should be a solid contest.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Ok, thank you...thought about checking it out if it was a home game for the Burg

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

East Liverpool (7-2) should be a good game for Wheelersburg (on the road) ... Logan used to play East Liverpool seemingly every year back in the late 90's ... always a good atmosphere there - lonnnnnng drive LOL ...

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

I KNOW that rankings don't mean anything, but I find it interesting that MaxPreps has Wheelersburg ranked #14 in ALL of Ohio (was #9 until noon today), regardless of division. Although I like seeing the Burg getting some recognition, even this burg fan knows this is a stretch. There are a lot of really good teams that round out the top 25 that Wheelersburg would be lucky to compete with, let alone beat, but I like the recognition.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

The Potters of East Liverpool have a strong basketball tradition. Playing at EL will be tough for the Burg, but whatever the outcome I applaud the Pirates for scheduling this game. East Liverpool is the hometown of Lou Holtz.

I've seen Wheelersburg twice this season; they are really good, but I'm skeptical of them being ranked the #14 team in the state regardless of division. I do think the Pirates have a good chance to get to the Final 4, providing they can get by the Central Ohio gauntlet of Africentric, Harvest Prep, and The Wellington School. WHS has a very well rounded team with some good players coming off the bench. Having 4 senior starters should be a big advantage in the tournament.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

trojandave wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:03 pm The Potters of East Liverpool have a strong basketball tradition. Playing at EL will be tough for the Burg, but whatever the outcome I applaud the Pirates for scheduling this game. East Liverpool is the hometown of Lou Holtz.

I've seen Wheelersburg twice this season; they are really good, but I'm skeptical of them being ranked the #14 team in the state regardless of division. I do think the Pirates have a good chance to get to the Final 4, providing they can get by the Central Ohio gauntlet of Africentric, Harvest Prep, and The Wellington School. WHS has a very well rounded team with some good players coming off the bench. Having 4 senior starters should be a big advantage in the tournament.
Very well said. Wheelersburg has one of the better teams since the Final Four teams of '06 and '07, and have a few kids that can fill it up on any given night. A couple aspects that I think may be difficult to overcome are their size and athleticism overall. They match up very well with teams in southern ohio but I have seen Harvest Prep this year and they are again extremely athletic and can shoot the lights out. They also have some beef down low that may be hard to handle. Although, if Burg continues to shoot the 3ball the way they are, they improve their chances drastically. Outside of Holden and Truitt, overall size seems to drop off a bit. Still, they will have a great opportunity to advance into Regional play.

BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBaskets »

Burg is on a tear this year. They are playing in an extremely tough tournament up north and I think beat a team by nearly 60 points yesterday! Another tough game tonight vs. East Liverpool. Looking for an undefeated run through the state finals!

GO BURG!

JeepsWin
Waterboy

Post by JeepsWin »

BurgBaskets wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:34 pm Burg is on a tear this year. They are playing in an extremely tough tournament up north and I think beat a team by nearly 60 points yesterday! Another tough game tonight vs. East Liverpool. Looking for an undefeated run through the state finals!

GO BURG!
Wun by 60???! who thay play? skool for the blinde?

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Not sure of the quality of those teams up there, but JeepsWin, you need to learn how to spell!
Last edited by Burg4 on Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

JeepsWin wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:37 pm
BurgBaskets wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:34 pm Burg is on a tear this year. They are playing in an extremely tough tournament up north and I think beat a team by nearly 60 points yesterday! Another tough game tonight vs. East Liverpool. Looking for an undefeated run through the state finals!

GO BURG!
Wun by 60???! who thay play? skool for the blinde?
East Palestine

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Live stream of Wheelersburg vs. East Liverpool can be found here @7pm:

https://ysnlive.com/team/eastliverpool/

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Halftime

Wheelersburg 49
East Liverpool 29

Holden with 35. Wow.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

63-48 burg end of the 3rd quarter. Tanner with 41

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Should be getting close to single game scoring record if not already.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Now with 48

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Holden ends the game with 50!
Last edited by spider2Ybanana on Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

80-57 burg final. Butter with 51. Anyone know the record for points in a game for burg

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best

Return to “Boys Basketball”