12/28 East Liverpool vs Wheelersburg

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: 12/28 East Liverpool vs Wheelersburg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:47 pm Holden ends the game with 50!
51 I think. At least that’s what they said

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Great trip for The Pirates!

Coach Ater has his best team in his 10th year.

He texted me at midnight on a Tuesday earlier this season congratulating our family on a nice win that night. He’s a good one. More to him than most care to get to know.

Tanner Holden coming out in the first half with 35? In 16 minutes? Goodness Gracious

Good luck to Coach and the Pirates over the new year and for the rest of the season.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Jeep/pirate
Waterboy

Post by Jeep/pirate »

BurgBaskets wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:34 pm Burg is on a tear this year. They are playing in an extremely tough tournament up north and I think beat a team by nearly 60 points yesterday! Another tough game tonight vs. East Liverpool. Looking for an undefeated run through the state finals!

GO BURG!

I’ll give us a 10% chance to get through Central Ohio. They are that good this year and Southern Ohio basketball is really down. Not taking anything away from our pirates but they have yet to face a team that will even be in their district championship game. Liverpool would have been lucky to beat ND by 20 they are that bad. Let’s not raise the bar to high by a weak schedule we’ve got

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Jeep/pirate wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:28 am
BurgBaskets wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:34 pm Burg is on a tear this year. They are playing in an extremely tough tournament up north and I think beat a team by nearly 60 points yesterday! Another tough game tonight vs. East Liverpool. Looking for an undefeated run through the state finals!

GO BURG!

I’ll give us a 10% chance to get through Central Ohio. They are that good this year and Southern Ohio basketball is really down. Not taking anything away from our pirates but they have yet to face a team that will even be in their district championship game. Liverpool would have been lucky to beat ND by 20 they are that bad. Let’s not raise the bar to high by a weak schedule we’ve got
Liverpool was very athletic but not necessarily good at playing the game of basketball but they would beat probably most teams in the SOC. This is the best burg team I’ve seen in awhile. Could have a chance at the final four. Who in the world do they have to beat? In your opinion? Lol

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:51 pm 80-57 burg final. Butter with 51. Anyone know the record for points in a game for burg
The record was 48 held by Joe Rase. I believe he set that in 76 or 77.

The only thing if Tanner hit any three’s the record would be with an asterisk I would think.

Regardless, great accomplishment being the first Burg player to ever score 50 or more in a game.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg4 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:38 pm Not sure of the quality of those teams up there, but JeepsWin, you need to learn how to spell!
He/she can spell. Does it on purpose

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Yes, does it on purpose. It's childish and annoying.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Jeep/pirate
Waterboy

Post by Jeep/pirate »

wobycat wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:31 pm

GO BURG!

Liverpool was very athletic but not necessarily good at playing the game of basketball but they would beat probably most teams in the SOC. This is the best burg team I’ve seen in awhile. Could have a chance at the final four. Who in the world do they have to beat? In your opinion? Lol
Harvest Prep

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Jeep/pirate wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:32 pm

Harvest Prep
Well Duh! SMH. They are favored to win it all. Other than them who you got?

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Relax it’s early. Burg very good but a Long way to Columbus

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

wobycat wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:49 pm

Harvest Prep
I don’t necessarily agree with the “10% chance to get through Central Ohio” comment, as I think that sells ‘Burg way too short. With that said, whoever the Central District representative will be in Athens is going to be a tough out — no cliché. When the draw comes, Harvest Prep will most certainly put themselves into the bracket that goes to Athens. Johnstown-Monroe will either be the #2 or #3 seed, with Africentric being whatever top three seed that JM is not.

Johnstown is no joke. Africentric is always solid. HP probably has their best team ever. Can’t count out Worthington Christian or Grandview Heights, either. Wellington is also still very good, too!

Jeep/pirate
Waterboy

Post by Jeep/pirate »

Harvest Prep
Well I don’t think we need another. Lol this is like the year ironton went to the finals and lost to north college hill, making it that far was like winning the whole thing. We can be optimistic as much as we want but when ya have a program like theirs awaiting that 10% chance might be too much. We have a great team for our area which is very down. I see us with 2 great basketball players and after that we have athletes that compete hard. This only gets us out of southern ohio.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

If Burg meets Harvest Prep again or Any of the other teams listed on here someone other than Holden will need to show up. Last year he did his part but no one else played very well.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Jeep/pirate wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:04 am

Harvest Prep
Well I don’t think we need another. Lol this is like the year ironton went to the finals and lost to north college hill, making it that far was like winning the whole thing. We can be optimistic as much as we want but when ya have a program like theirs awaiting that 10% chance might be too much. We have a great team for our area which is very down. I see us with 2 great basketball players and after that we have athletes that compete hard. This only gets us out of southern ohio.
No offense but terrible take. That team had nba oj Mayo and bill walker. Ironton played a great game and those two played like it was a pickup game which about cost them. I don’t think harvest prep has either one of those types of players on their team. Obviously they are probably more talented than burg but last year Holden was best player on the court and he’s heading to wright state. My point was that burg is a good basketball team regardless of the east Liverpool game in which you dismissed that win because you thought Liverpool wasn’t that good. That may be so but that doesn’t change the fact that burg is playing really great basketball. It will be a huge upset if burg knocks off harvest prep but they have a team that can win if everything works out.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

“IF” Wheelersburg faces Harvest Prep in the Regional, they will more than hold their own against them. They will have the best player on the floor (Holden) along with other D-I basketball in Truitt. (We can argue til we’re blue in the face. In 2 years if he is willing to go to the right program, he is D-I) Those two are surrounded by athletes. That will give them enough talent to close the gap. HP is very good but they will not over power Wheelersburg with talent. This is Wheelersburg’s year, Holden-type talent does not come around very often.

Jeep/pirate
Waterboy

Post by Jeep/pirate »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:00 pm “IF” Wheelersburg faces Harvest Prep in the Regional, they will more than hold their own against them. They will have the best player on the floor (Holden) along with other D-I basketball in Truitt. (We can argue til we’re blue in the face. In 2 years if he is willing to go to the right program, he is D-I) Those two are surrounded by athletes. That will give them enough talent to close the gap. HP is very good but they will not over power Wheelersburg with talent. This is Wheelersburg’s year, Holden-type talent does not come around very often.

I hope your right I really do. But I’m just giving my honest opinion without the biased side of it. Truitt is a great shooter I hope he gets in the weight room and improves his athletic ability he could definiantly play d1 if he improves his speed and jumping.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Pump the brakes burg fans, they are talented, but a long way to go in this season.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

packers80 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:11 pm Pump the brakes burg fans, they are talented, but a long way to go in this season.
No need to pump the brakes. Hammer the accelerator. That’s how Ater rolls.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg wasn’t supposed to beat Columbus Bishop Hartley in 1995 either.

Like has been said long way to go before this matchup happens and either team could get upset come tourney time.

gobluehoops20
Waterboy

Post by gobluehoops20 »

Burg has an outstanding team this season, with a crazy amount of potential to improve come tourny time; however with that being said Harvest Prep will be a tall task to handle. If any team in SEO was going to knock them off however, I would say Burg would have the best chance. I’m interested to see HP’s 2020 lead guard CJ Anthony who is one of the better players in Ohio. There’s a reason we play the games fellas

Return to “Boys Basketball”