Division 2 Tournament Southeastern

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Division 2 Tournament Southeastern

Post by Ironman92 »

NCGreenwave34 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:25 pm Is Zane Trace a Regional Team?
Have the star player, good length, coaching....could be

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Ukfanatic wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:27 pm Lucas you saw 2 of Waverlys 3 worst games they played all year. If we play that bad we will get beat for sure.

👍
Last edited by LucasDavenport on Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

He’s only 6 ft but is a load 225# estimate. he is bull good description.

I will never forget the hit he put on salyers of burg in the third qtr forcing the fumble when we needed it. The kids a gamer all heart!

Best thing is hump 2.0 little brother.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Lucas I didn’t mean any disrespect towards the coaching. I just meant to say that waverly won’t zone. They play 98% man to man. Went back and looked at my comment and I didn’t mean it like it came across. I will edit it.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ukfanatic wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:25 pm Lucas I didn’t mean any disrespect towards the coaching. I just meant to say that waverly won’t zone. They play 98% man to man. Went back and looked at my comment and I didn’t mean it like it came across. I will edit it.
This board needs more of this 👏👏

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:13 pm
Sandman18 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:11 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:40 pm

If Carroll, Carroll, Swackhammer don’t leave Jackson...

We have a 6’0 bull that Loveday would despise facing...and I don’t blame him at all.
The starting 5 that could’ve been...would have been top tier😳
If we can manage to defeat a solid 14-8 Gallia Academy ball club...it’s going to feel really good.
This Gallia Academy team is really dangerous they have had to learn how to play without Loveday they are loaded with seniors who have been through the wars and are capable of beating anyone in this tourney. I believe they've been miss seeded, but that's fine because you have to play somebody their bench because of injuries have gotten a lot better and they can play some defense and had 7 players who can put up double figures on any given night.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

If you have 7 players who can put up double figures any night, then you have 0 that will every night.

Jackson might only have 2 scorers in double figures, but they do it every night and don’t have to rely on others. If others do it, then that makes them even tougher to beat.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

This sectional should be super competitive and full of defensive battles. Who has the go-to scorers could be the ones to move forward.

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

HamPorter wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:32 pm If you have 7 players who can put up double figures any night, then you have 0 that will every night.

Jackson might only have 2 scorers in double figures, but they do it every night and don’t have to rely on others. If others do it, then that makes them even tougher to beat.
What happens when those 2 players get shut down more likely you will get beat if you depend on those 2 players,but when you have 7 players who on any given night can get you double figures you can't key on any certain player and say if we stop one of these 2 guys we can beat them. Gallia has had a few games where all 5 starters were in double figures. Henry for Gallia is a lock down defender and I'm sure he will Guard one of them so we will see what happens.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Gallia has 7 kids who can score in double figures part of reason we know this is injuries part is foul trouble.
Gallia has some great defenders but I don’t think we have any that I would call lock down defenders. I would love call and Henry as defenders if they didn’t use there hands so much. That sometimes leads to foul trouble.

I actually think Davis, carter and Mcellend our best overall defenders. Blouir when totally healthy may be the absolute best but he has really had a knee problem all year.

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

svac83 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:12 pm Gallia has 7 kids who can score in double figures part of reason we know this is injuries part is foul trouble.
Gallia has some great defenders but I don’t think we have any that I would call lock down defenders. I would love call and Henry as defenders if they didn’t use there hands so much. That sometimes leads to foul trouble.

I actually think Davis, carter and Mcellend our best overall defenders. Blouir when totally healthy may be the absolute best but he has really had a knee problem all year.
Have you ever watched the Jones kid for Duke or the Hagan Kid for Kentucky play defense the best Guard defenders in the country in college basketball and guess what they use their hands as on ball defenders, but it's how you use your hands don't be reaching or trailing the play most of Henry and Call fouls haven't been for reaching its been mostly being too physical with players and that's what they have to learn in games what the refs are letting you get by with.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

First to be fair both call and Henry get most of there fouls on offensive end. Or at least ones that kill them.

I just think if they positioned there body different and used hands differently they would be more effective. Both of them get blocking fouls because way they play with there hands. Even though most kids attack from side if you go right at either of those kids your going to draw a blocking foul. Or your going to turn the ball over if there hands work. I also feel that most times if I bring ball across my body against both of them I can get a reach in foul a lot or contact on a shot.

Look it works for them they are good defenders I would prefer they played it a little bit more squaring up body then there style.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Ready to get things kicked off at southeastern tonight. Hopefully be there by tip of Miami trace game and catch 2 games again tonight.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

svac83 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:09 pm Ready to get things kicked off at southeastern tonight. Hopefully be there by tip of Miami trace game and catch 2 games again tonight.
Keep us posted!

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Hillsboro 28
Miami Trace 13

2:16 til half

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF