Division 2 Tournament Southeastern

allamericanironman
All Conference

Re: Division 2 Tournament Southeastern

Post by allamericanironman »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:06 pm That’s all water under the bridge

Jackson is a 2 seed and isn’t in Sheridan’s sectional for there to be a comparison anyway.

If you beat Gallipolis and Warren you just might get Sheridan. But that’s a world away.

It will be interesting to see how this Sectional plays out. Can the top 4 seeds move on? Will the Waverly v McClain game be as good as we think? Can the MT v Hillsboro winner push ZT at all? Southeastern not known as a shooters paradise (rims not soft) — will 50 win in 3 of the 4 finals?
Heck I think Jackson has the athletes. I don’t see how we can’t be a odds favorite to go to state. Yep I just said it. House money right? I don’t bet but they would have to be in conversation to win it.?

Waverly
Warren
Sheridan McLain Wch
Athens
Jackson
ZT

I am excited to see the games you all will have the privilege of gracing my presence! I am still sticking to my FAC sweeping Tuesday at least! :D 8-)
Last edited by allamericanironman on Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

After watching greenfield last night Waverly should win by 15. But you never know.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Ukfanatic wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:26 pm After watching greenfield last night Waverly should win by 15. But you never know.
Seriously? I watched Greenfield last night and thought if I was from Waverly watching this then I would be anticipating a very tough game.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:39 pm
Ukfanatic wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:26 pm After watching greenfield last night Waverly should win by 15. But you never know.
Seriously? I watched Greenfield last night and thought if I was from Waverly watching this then I would be anticipating a very tough game.
They are basing this on Jackson game Davis was hurt. it was at the jungle come on Waverly 10 points better at a neutral site. There is not too much difference in any of the top 3 FAC teams!

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

allamericanironman wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:45 pm
They are basing this on Jackson game Davis was hurt. it was at the jungle come on Waverly 10 points better at a neutral site. There is not too much difference in any of the top 3 FAC teams!
Or maybe they are basing it on the game that they watched last night, you know, like they said.

Low scoring and ugly games tend to give teams watching confidence. However, they tend to not consider how much of a battle it will be to even score in the half court.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I saw Waverly twice. Home vs Burg. At Washington

Possibly that has skewed my opinion.

I just think McClain who only lost 1 home Game all season ... is a good matchup for Waverly. Remington and Marquez will be guarded by Penwell and Cockerill. Robertson struggles vs a guard with size which 11 and 13 both have and McClain has the advantage inside with Carter and Mischal. Mischal and Carter can play outside as well.

Remington and Marquez have to win their match ups. Have to. This game will be a good one.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

HamPorter wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:52 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:45 pm

Or maybe they are basing it on the game that they watched last night, you know, like they said.

Low scoring and ugly games tend to give teams watching confidence. However, they tend to not consider how much of a battle it will be to even score in the half court.
Your last paragraph is very well stated. That 39-38 game last night was not a thing of beauty but it was indicative of the type of game ahead.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Lucas you saw 2 of Waverlys 3 worst games they played all year. If we play that bad we will get beat for sure. I don’t think we will. We had wheelersburg lead cut to three in the fourth quarter at their place. Was told we couldn’t beat Jackson and it was never really close. Waverly will score more than 40. With Dunn and Wolfe I don’t think Waverly is that over matched down low. If we don’t give up a bunch of offensive rebounds we should be ok. Mischal is good but I think we will be ok. Good thing is that it all will play out on the court no matter what we think. Lol!
Last edited by Ukfanatic on Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Did Waverly scrimmage McClain? I know it’s just a scrimmage but how did they match up?

NCGreenwave34
Waterboy

Post by NCGreenwave34 »

If Loveday doesn’t leave for Huntington Prep (WV),
Gallipolis cruises into Districts.

NCGreenwave34
Waterboy

Post by NCGreenwave34 »

Waverly vs Greenfield game will be a close game. I
Look for Robertson to be a key factor. If he’s able to
create his own 3 pointers, then Waverly goes to the
Convo!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

NCGreenwave34 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:34 pm If Loveday doesn’t leave for Huntington Prep (WV),
If Carroll, Carroll, Swackhammer don’t leave Jackson...

We have a 6’0 bull that Loveday would despise facing...and I don’t blame him at all.

NCGreenwave34
Waterboy

Post by NCGreenwave34 »

Oak Hill D3 or D4? A matchup that looks good on
paper is Eastern Pike to go against Trimble. Any
Howie Caldwell Team is scary in the tournament!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

NCGreenwave34 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:40 pm Waverly vs Greenfield game will be a close game. I
Convo!
Robertson knocking down some threes would be huge but that will happen if Remington, Marquez, Wolfe, Dunn, Smallwood, Shanks are getting to the rim - which would be a good thing for the orange & black.
I just named 7 players who will see significant playing time. The Tigers will also rotate in Shoemaker & Brown for 8 & 9, while Futhey & Stulley may also see some minutes. That’s 10-11 bodies running at you. If Waverly is successful rotating that many in, dictating the tempo and creating turnovers, it should be a good night for the orange & black Tigers.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

smurray wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:49 pm
NCGreenwave34 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:40 pm Waverly vs Greenfield game will be a close game. I
Convo!
Robertson knocking down some threes would be huge but that will happen if Remington, Marquez, Wolfe, Dunn, Smallwood, Shanks are getting to the rim - which would be a good thing for the orange & black.
I just named 7 players who will see significant playing time. The Tigers will also rotate in Shoemaker & Brown for 8 & 9, while Futhey & Stulley may also see some minutes. That’s 10-11 bodies running at you. If Waverly is successful rotating that many in, dictating the tempo and creating turnovers, it should be a good night for the orange & black Tigers.
Didn’t sub as much as I thought against Jackson. Shoemaker was 6 man that game....8 and 9 barely saw the court

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:57 pm
smurray wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:49 pm
Convo!
Didn’t sub as much as I thought against Jackson. Shoemaker was 6 man that game....8 and 9 barely saw the court
I know Shoemaker, Smallwood, Shanks & Brown did, that’s 9. Not sure how much time they got but they were in - even if it’s to give a short breather it’s good.
They all saw good time in wearing down Oak Hill Tuesday night.

Sandman18
Waterboy

Post by Sandman18 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:40 pm
NCGreenwave34 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:34 pm If Loveday doesn’t leave for Huntington Prep (WV),

We have a 6’0 bull that Loveday would despise facing...and I don’t blame him at all.
The starting 5 that could’ve been...would have been top tier😳

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Sandman18 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:11 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:40 pm

The starting 5 that could’ve been...would have been top tier😳
If we can manage to defeat a solid 14-8 Gallia Academy ball club...it’s going to feel really good.

NCGreenwave34
Waterboy

Post by NCGreenwave34 »

I’m really excited about that Logan bracket. Athens should come out clean over Logan Elm.

NCGreenwave34
Waterboy

Post by NCGreenwave34 »

Is Zane Trace a Regional Team?

Return to “Boys Basketball”