Division 2 Tournament Southeastern

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Division 2 Tournament Southeastern

Post by smurray »

Ukfanatic wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:58 am Greenfield is a tough matchup for Waverly. Their guards can handle the pressure and have multiple kids who can handle the ball. Waverly wears teams out and wins games in the fourth quarter or they turn you over and get easy transition buckets. Not sure they can do either to greenfield. They did it to Athens, Jackson and Oak Hill. Couldn’t do it to Chillicothe, Court House or Wheelersburg. The only team they completely shut down their guards and still lost was Eastern Pike. I don’t think Greenfield has a Michael Miller. Should be a great game and very fun to watch!
If Waverly plays like they did against Jackson and Oak Hill both times I like their chances. Like you said, the Tigers controlled Eastern’s guards (was not hurt by Leist at all) but could not stop Miller. I don’t much about McClain but say they would be hard pressed to have a Miller, or Holden, or Noel. I think Waverly just needs come out ready play with high intensity and pressure, make a good % of their shots and knock down FT’s.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:00 am
Ukfanatic wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:58 am Greenfield is a tough matchup for Waverly. Their guards can handle the pressure and have multiple kids who can handle the ball. Waverly wears teams out and wins games in the fourth quarter or they turn you over and get easy transition buckets. Not sure they can do either to greenfield. They did it to Athens, Jackson and Oak Hill. Couldn’t do it to Chillicothe, Court House or Wheelersburg. The only team they completely shut down their guards and still lost was Eastern Pike. I don’t think Greenfield has a Michael Miller. Should be a great game and very fun to watch!
If Waverly plays like they did against Jackson and Oak Hill both times I like their chances. Like you said, the Tigers controlled Eastern’s guards (was not hurt by Leist at all) but could not stop Miller. I don’t much about McClain but say they would be hard pressed to have a Miller, or Holden, or Noel. I think Waverly just needs come out ready play with high intensity and pressure, make a good % of their shots and knock down FT’s.
They have a Mischal (he’s pretty darn good) and two nice guards plus another big kid that’s pretty good also. This should be a battle. Wish I could watch this one

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:21 am
They have a Mischal (he’s pretty darn good) and two nice guards plus another big kid that’s pretty good also. This should be a battle. Wish I could watch this one
Devin Carter is 6’4 and scores 17 ppg. He’s very good underneath.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

First off seeding went exactly as I saw it weeks ago. I will say again that all FAC teams top to bottom should have the competitive edge. They constantly battle and are hands down the best league in seo. Now they might come out and all lose but besides ZT and warren Sheridan we should all cruise into the convo! Having said this Waverly warren and ZT are all playing good ball. Let not the best team win but the team that will refuse to lose win! Someone is gonna go take it! wins and losses no longer matter. is your team battle tested? Let’s all stay healthy and bring our best. Good luck to all teams!

One other thing let’s hope the refs let the boys play it’s been stated earlier no tick tack calls. I can’t think of anything worse than refs deciding any of these games. We all want to see physicality be rewarded!

NCGreenwave34
Waterboy

Post by NCGreenwave34 »

For Waverly to be successful the Seniors have to control
the tempo, and make free throws.

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

warrior1 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:49 pm
SEOAL74 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:44 pm
LucasDavenport wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:18 pm All those details don’t get noticed by coaches.

I simply tried to give some reasoning behind the 7 seed.

Coaches look at who you beat — they don’t look at losses near as much. They just don’t.

I used your schedule after January 1 because you had a change which affected how your team was viewed and performed.

Washington can relate and empathize as we lost 21 points a night after the Adena game plus 2 who definitely would have helped off the bench.

The coaches this year — I think across all divisions — looked at more than win-loss record. People have been complaining for years that strength of schedule should matter and they moved in that direction this year and it’s not surprising that people from communities and schools who had better records aren’t happy.

Zach Fleer of 270hoops.com comprised a ratings system to help with the seeding of the huge central district.

He gave teams a rating and then bonus points for Good Wins and then took away points for bad losses.

He gave nothing or no merit for losses to teams equal or better than you. Losing to those teams don’t prove anything other than you lose to quality teams.

And to be totally honest I think it’s Strength of Wins not strength of schedule.

Fair or not that’s what measures teams for the most part — strength of wins.
Don't take me wrong were ok with the 7 seed and I believe we can advance thru the 7 seed but a team that's is 9 and 11 is the 6 seed I wish we would have played them.

Ironton from our league Plays Zane Trace tomorrow we will see how strong our league is after that game.
I just heard Zane Trace beat Ironton @ Ironton by a point. My Adena team got upset tonight, but it just shows you how good Zane Trace is to go onto the Tigers court and win.

I believe they are now 17-4 with losses to Hilliard Davidson, Gahanna Lincoln, Johnstown Monroe and Greenfield. This pioneer team could have been 20-1 if they didn’t schedule that tough of a schedule.
Gallia played Ironton twice loss lost by 2 pts and could tie game with last shot rimming out @ Ironton and loss by 6 pts in double OT @ Gallia and if Gallia makes their free throws at the end of regulation and first over time we would have won the game. By the way Ironton is not the best team in our league Fairland is that should show you how good Galla league is Zane Trace a top seed beat Ironton by a single point. Coal Grove beat Ironton once and Fairland beat both of them twice.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

SEOAL74 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:15 pm
SEOAL74 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:44 pm
Don't take me wrong were ok with the 7 seed and I believe we can advance thru the 7 seed but a team that's is 9 and 11 is the 6 seed I wish we would have played them.

Ironton from our league Plays Zane Trace tomorrow we will see how strong our league is after that game.
I just heard Zane Trace beat Ironton @ Ironton by a point. My Adena team got upset tonight, but it just shows you how good Zane Trace is to go onto the Tigers court and win.

I believe they are now 17-4 with losses to Hilliard Davidson, Gahanna Lincoln, Johnstown Monroe and Greenfield. This pioneer team could have been 20-1 if they didn’t schedule that tough of a schedule.
Gallia played Ironton twice loss lost by 2 pts and could tie game with last shot rimming out @ Ironton and loss by 6 pts in double OT @ Gallia and if Gallia makes their free throws at the end of regulation and first over time we would have won the game. By the way Ironton is not the best team in our league Fairland is that should show you how good Galla league is Zane Trace a top seed beat Ironton by a single point. Coal Grove beat Ironton once and Fairland beat both of them twice.
None of that matters. Jackson has lost several
close ones and so has Gallia. Jackson doesn’t have much success on the road as far as beating good teams and Gallia the same.

One of us will be taking that resume to the Convo

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:33 pm
SEOAL74 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:15 pm

None of that matters. Jackson has lost several
close ones and so has Gallia. Jackson doesn’t have much success on the road as far as beating good teams and Gallia the same.

One of us will be taking that resume to the Convo
Gallia has got to beat River Valley first and then weary about Jackson. Never under estimate your opponent. Gallia has beat them twice so Gallia should win and I believe they will take care of business and if they do should be a good game against the Ironmen.

joemama
Riding the Bench

Post by joemama »

allamericanironman wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:15 pm First off seeding went exactly as I saw it weeks ago. I will say again that all FAC teams top to bottom should have the competitive edge. They constantly battle and are hands down the best league in seo. Now they might come out and all lose but besides ZT and warren Sheridan we should all cruise into the convo! Having said this Waverly warren and ZT are all playing good ball. Let not the best team win but the team that will refuse to lose win! Someone is gonna go take it! wins and losses no longer matter. is your team battle tested? Let’s all stay healthy and bring our best. Good luck to all teams!

One other thing let’s hope the refs let the boys play it’s been stated earlier no tick tack calls. I can’t think of anything worse than refs deciding any of these games. We all want to see physicality be rewarded!
This... this is something- FAC best league? With the exception of Chilly- average teams- they may not get a team to Districts... except Chilly. This made my Valentine..

allamericanironman
All Conference

joemama wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:47 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:15 pm First off seeding went exactly as I saw it weeks ago. I will say again that all FAC teams top to bottom should have the competitive edge. They constantly battle and are hands down the best league in seo. Now they might come out and all lose but besides ZT and warren Sheridan we should all cruise into the convo! Having said this Waverly warren and ZT are all playing good ball. Let not the best team win but the team that will refuse to lose win! Someone is gonna go take it! wins and losses no longer matter. is your team battle tested? Let’s all stay healthy and bring our best. Good luck to all teams!

This... this is something- FAC best league? With the exception of Chilly- average teams- they may not get a team to Districts... except Chilly. This made my Valentine..
Joe’s mommy you nailed it girl!

“Too early to tell- FAC teams often bow out early in tourney. Very competitive conference, relatively speaking. Bet ya there are 0 FAC teams in Top8 by Feb1.” - joesmommy

Your a FAC troll.

joemama
Riding the Bench

Post by joemama »

allamericanironman wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:38 pm

“Too early to tell- FAC teams often bow out early in tourney. Very competitive conference, relatively speaking. Bet ya there are 0 FAC teams in Top8 by Feb1.” - joesmommy

Your a FAC troll.
*You're*
And *you're entitled to YOUR opinion- but I'm right.

allamericanironman
All Conference

joemama wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:01 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:38 pm

Your a FAC troll.
*You're*
And *you're entitled to YOUR opinion- but I'm right.
[/quote ]

My fingers are big I talk to text or reply and constantly have to check my grammar. If you notice my posts are constantly edited. I had a 7 th grade English teacher that was also a college professor. She was too lazy to teach and made us all copy notes and crap everyday for an hour straight. My hand would hurt like hell. we didn’t have air conditioning. I would sweat and get so mad. I have some anxiety just thinking about it. Anyways thanks for bringing back those feelings. I will strive to do better for the grammar police 👮‍♀️.

Even when I’m wrong you’re not right.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Let’s see if we can bring this back to the games.

Tuesday 2/19 6:15
8 Hillsboro v 9 Miami Trace

Tuesday 2/19 8:00
7 Gallipolis v 10 River Valley

This is not a split session. If there’s 1:45 difference between start times then you know 1 ticket is good for both games.

Friday 2/22 and Saturday 2/23 are split sessions.

Who you got?

I look forward to taking these games in and meeting some of you

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Boro by 11

Gallia by 19

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Hillsboro
Gallipolis

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Trace
Gallipolis

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:33 pm Let’s see if we can bring this back to the games.

Tuesday 2/19 6:15
8 Hillsboro v 9 Miami Trace

Tuesday 2/19 8:00
7 Gallipolis v 10 River Valley

This is not a split session. If there’s 1:45 difference between start times then you know 1 ticket is good for both games.

Friday 2/22 and Saturday 2/23 are split sessions.

Who you got?

I look forward to taking these games in and meeting some of you

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

smurray wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:58 pm Hillsboro
Gallipolis
LucasDavenport wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:28 am Trace
Gallipolis
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:49 pm Boro by 11

Gallia by 19

allamericanironman
All Conference

Jackson
7-1 at home 8 games
0-1 beast of fairyland
8-5 away burg McClain chilly boro Waverly
11-3 vs. D2

I know we have doubters but as of now I think good enough for a 1 seed? Sheridan set to lose 3 straight!

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

That’s all water under the bridge

Jackson is a 2 seed and isn’t in Sheridan’s sectional for there to be a comparison anyway.

If you beat Gallipolis and Warren you just might get Sheridan. But that’s a world away.

It will be interesting to see how this Sectional plays out. Can the top 4 seeds move on? Will the Waverly v McClain game be as good as we think? Can the MT v Hillsboro winner push ZT at all? Southeastern not known as a shooters paradise (rims not soft) — will 50 win in 3 of the 4 finals?

Return to “Boys Basketball”