Division 2 Tournament Southeastern

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Re: Division 2 Tournament Southeastern

Post by svc_guy »

Spartan12 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:49 pm How in the world did Unioto lose at home to Westfall by 14 points?
This game could have been 20+. Westfall missed a lot of free throws. Westfall has been playing better and scoring better. 3-1 in their last 4 games. We played them tough for a good portion of the 1st game as well. Nice win by the Mustangs.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hillsboro lost by 20

Gallia lost their 3rd straight

Gallia close to being locked into the 6 seed
Unioto 7
Hillsboro 8

Sectional clearing up a bit on seedings a bit

Washington loses and for the moment might drop them to the 4 and Waverly the 3....Washington beats Greenfield and Waverly loses to Burg and we are right back to where they were though. If McClain and Waverly win Friday it gets silly again

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:27 pm Hillsboro lost by 20

Unioto 7
Hillsboro 8

Washington loses and for the moment might drop them to the 4 and Waverly the 3....Washington beats Greenfield and Waverly loses to Burg and we are right back to where they were though. If McClain and Waverly win Friday it gets silly again
I agree with a lot of what you just said. With that being said, the Washington C.H. loss at home to Logan Elm tells me that the FAC might not be as strong as it was earlier in the year. I know that you will probably disagree but at one time WCH was the best team in that league. I know things happened and they lost their second best player but not being able to beat LE at home is not good. Also, I like the Jackson team but them losing to Hillsboro blows my mind. Waverly may slide up more than you think.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Spartan12 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:45 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:27 pm Hillsboro lost by 20

Unioto 7
Hillsboro 8

I agree with a lot of what you just said. With that being said, the Washington C.H. loss at home to Logan Elm tells me that the FAC might not be as strong as it was earlier in the year. I know that you will probably disagree but at one time WCH was the best team in that league. I know things happened and they lost their second best player but not being able to beat LE at home is not good. Also, I like the Jackson team but them losing to Hillsboro blows my mind. Waverly may slide up more than you think.
If they beat Jackson they can get the 2 potentially.

Again, WCH recently beat Waverly. Also Jackson took Burg to OT on Burg’s court.

A lot of games still. Teams are pretty close I feel 2-5...not much separation

Dragonfly
Waterboy

Post by Dragonfly »

I agree Spartan12. Goshen by 22 at Hillsboro. Ouch!!!

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I think it might finish like this :

1 ZT
2 Jackson
3 Greenfield
4 Waverly/WCH
5 Waverly/WCH
6 Gallipolis
7 Unioto

I think Jackson will beat Waverly.

I’m not sure if Greenfield has a loss left.

If Waverly loses to Burg and Jackson they have 7 losses.
If WCH loses at Greenfield they have 7 losses
Gallia already has 7 losses.

Waverly and Gallia are faced with the question — who have you beaten ?

I don’t think the Logan Elm loss tonight is that terrible for WCH. LE isn’t a bad team and they are D2.

Greenfield beat ZT. Split with Jackson.

Jackson split with Greenfield and beat WCH twice

WCH beat Chillicothe and Greenfield and Waverly

Who has Waverly beaten? Who has Gallia beaten?

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

allamericanironman wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:43 am FAC could possibly win all first rounders. Let’s just see how they stack them up but don’t be surprised if it happens. Boro could upset ZT. I know we have ZT as 1 but in my opinion 4 of the FAC teams will beat them.
FAC may not win many tournament games as you think. You say that Boro could beat ZT, but I just noticed that they got beat at home to Goshen tonight by 20 some points?!?

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

1. ZT because SVC
2. Waverly....Goshen beat Hillsboro beat Jackson
3. Hillsboro
4. Jackson beat Washington 2x
5. Washington beat Greenfield
6. Gallia , had a tall kid
7. Unioto beat Fairfield U who beat Logan Elm
8. Greenfield beat Jackson but so did Hillsboro
9. Miami Trace led Jackson at half
10. River Valley

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

And I don’t subscribe to the theory that Hillsboro will beat ZT

football87
Freshman Team

Post by football87 »

I think 2-4 spots should we WCH, Jackson and Waverly.(no order) I think those 3 teams are better than greenfield

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I believe Greenfield is going to be higher seeded than Waverly.

Waverly has played 4 games vs D1/D2 competition they are 2-2. Lost to Chillicothe and WCH. Defeated MT and Athens.

Losses to Eastern Pike and South Webster and Burg.

Best team they have defeated?

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:23 pm I believe Greenfield is going to be higher seeded than Waverly.

Waverly has played 4 games vs D1/D2 competition they are 2-2. Lost to Chillicothe and WCH. Defeated MT and Athens.

Losses to Eastern Pike and South Webster and Burg.

Best team they have defeated?
You just might be correct .

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ed Ott wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:16 pm 1. ZT because SVC
2. Waverly....Goshen beat Hillsboro beat Jackson
3. Hillsboro
4. Jackson beat Washington 2x
5. Washington beat Greenfield
6. Gallia , had a tall kid
7. Unioto beat Fairfield U who beat Logan Elm
8. Greenfield beat Jackson but so did Hillsboro
9. Miami Trace led Jackson at half
10. River Valley
SMH

1. Zane Trace

2-6 not completely determined

7. Unioto
8. Hillsboro
9. River Valley
10. Miami Trace

Can anyone, ANYONE explain how Goshen beating Hillsboro is more meaningful in these seedings than Washington beating Waverly?

Everyone involved knows it was a bad bad loss for Jackson. Hillsboro played their hearts out that night and gave a loss to Jackson. It’s a bad loss...they are like 7-11 I believe.

FAC

Chillicothe...no debate. If you don’t think this is one of the elite teams in the district, then you aren’t smart enough to be commenting on here.

Jackson is pretty darn good and have probably 1st team all district players. They are upsettable but also a very high end.

Washington...athletic bunch that has put together a fine season. This is a good team, ask Waverly.

McClain...well coached and they match up pretty well with about anyone. As a Jackson fan, I don’t want to see them in the sectionals.

Hillsboro...7-11, not very good D2 team. Handled Jackson once and got blown out once by them.

Miami Trace...a bad D2 team. They play hard and have some size. They could bother Unioto if Unioto is having an off night.

There might not be a single FAC team win a game in the sectional. It is a solid league, not sure you could say otherwise in comparison to SE district leagues....I mean they are no Goshen, but a solid league nonetheless.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hillsboro is not beating ZT

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Not that it matters, but why is anyone convinced that GA is any good? They are 4-4 since Loveday left.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

The SOC 2 gives you 2 games vs West, Northwest and Valley and Minford. That’s 8-0.

The SVC gives you 2 games vs SE, Westfall, Huntington and PV. That’s 8-0.

The FAC gives you 2 games vs Hillsboro and MT. That should be 4-0. Then if you’re WCH for example you get 6 Games vs Chillicothe, Jackson and Greenfield.

WCH also scheduled Waverly and LE and VC And Unioto and Lancaster and Circleville and Adena And Grandview Heights non league.

Please look at schedules before comparing teams.

Also tell me the only team in this sectional to beat who we all have as the 1 seed? Greenfield.

That can’t be overlooked.

Also currently Greenfield is 4th in the FAC at 4-4.

They have wins over ZT and Adena who are 1,2 in the SVC and by far the class of that league.
Last edited by LucasDavenport on Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

HamPorter wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:30 pm Not that it matters, but why is anyone convinced that GA is any good? They are 4-4 since Loveday left.
Gallia is similar to Waverly. Only D2 in their league but st least this year I would say the OVC is better than SOC2.

Gallia has played a decent schedule but I agree that they seem to lose to the quality teams on their schedule

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Right now Gallia Academy not very good. If the don’t get it figured out and win next 1 games I think they fall below unimproved and become the seventh seed.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

svac83 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:51 am Right now Gallia Academy not very good. If the don’t get it figured out and win next 1 games I think they fall below unimproved and become the seventh seed.
This might be the ultimate Siri Autocorrect

svac83 your phone corrected Unioto to unimproved and I even think the Unioto people would understand and laugh about it!

BigBlue85
Waterboy

Post by BigBlue85 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:43 pm
HamPorter wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:30 pm Not that it matters, but why is anyone convinced that GA is any good? They are 4-4 since Loveday left.
Gallia is similar to Waverly. Only D2 in their league but st least this year I would say the OVC is better than SOC2.

Gallia has played a decent schedule but I agree that they seem to lose to the quality teams on their schedule
Unfortunately Gallia schedule hasn’t really been too strong. The OVC top to bottom is competitive and even for the most part. But not strong. Our non league hasn’t been murderers row either. Even with Loveday this team wasn’t going anywhere. There’s pretty decent talent and Loveday made us better. The deficiencies lie elsewhere at Gallia though. I’ll just leave that right there. Go Blue Bleed Blue

Return to “Boys Basketball”