12/21 Wheelersburg @ West

burgfella69
JV Team

12/21 Wheelersburg @ West

Post by burgfella69 »

Whatcha gotta say bout this one? West tied with Northwest at half but played with Waverly. Either way, Burg in a big one, 30 piece, given the way they've played so far. West has got some players though, could keep it close
Last edited by burgfella69 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

bigburgboy
Riding the Bench

Re: 12/21 Wheelersburg @ West

Post by bigburgboy »

Burg should win this game with ease, but I see this as a potential trap game, however Burg still wins by 20

BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBaskets »

Hmmm.... Let's see....Common opponents...

* Oak Hill beat West by 32, Burg beat Oak Hill by 19

* West & Northwest was tied at half, Burg was beating Northwest by 41 (50-11) at half

I will take Burg by 40 and + 3 in the Technical Foul category.

GO BURG!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Burg by a lot.

Burg 78
West 42

Hopefully tempers don't flare in this matchup.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Burg by 36

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:47 amBurg by 36
That's the margin I just posted, don't copy me!

:lol:

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Just hoping for a Burg victory no sense of predicting a score. These are just young men trying their best at the game they love playing. Go Burg!

JeepsWin
Waterboy

Post by JeepsWin »

Think bug will beet weast in this one. I say by 10.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

BurgBaskets wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:37 am Hmmm.... Let's see....Common opponents...

* West & Northwest was tied at half, Burg was beating Northwest by 41 (50-11) at half

GO BURG!
50-11 is 39 points.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Burg by whatever margin they want. It would be nice to just talk about the outcome, and not the talking and the tecnicals. One person can stop it, and should have stopped it a long time ago.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

JeepsWin, your spelling and typing should be improved.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:20 pm Burg by whatever margin they want. It would be nice to just talk about the outcome, and not the talking and the tecnicals. One person can stop it, and should have stopped it a long time ago.

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

JeepsWin wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:34 pm Think bug will beet weast in this one. I say by 10.
Learn to spell

BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBaskets »

Crab's Brother wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:29 pm
BurgBaskets wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:37 am Hmmm.... Let's see....Common opponents...

GO BURG!
50-11 is 39 points.
Lol! Good catch Mr. Crabs!

They were scoring so fast that I couldn’t keep track counting on my fingers, my toes and other extremeties.

This team is really good and like the Motor City Bad Boys. They got plenty of extra points for T’s and they aren’t afraid to use them.

Thank you West, next!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

The last two games the burg cheerblock has been called unsportsmanlike and disrespectful for turning and facing the wall during player intro and supposedly having baby dolls strapped to their chests against northwest.

Some said it was wrong that they were dressed as mr and mrs clause with reindeer against waverly yet it was their fans who was chanting nasty remarks toward our players.

So what happens when the burg invade west. After all it was west who accused us of recruiting.

This world has become nothing but snowflakes as tomi lahren would say

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:58 am The last two games the burg cheerblock has been called unsportsmanlike and disrespectful for turning and facing the wall during player intro and supposedly having baby dolls strapped to their chests against northwest.

Some said it was wrong that they were dressed as mr and mrs clause with reindeer against waverly yet it was their fans who was chanting nasty remarks toward our players.

So what happens when the burg invade west. After all it was west who accused us of recruiting.

How ironic is it that not many people are willing to address the issue of adults from opposing schools yelling obscenities at Wheelersburg players, but many of those same people jump at the chance to address Wheelersburg students for creating a tough environment for opposing schools to compete in. So apparently we are supposed to hold adolescents to a higher standard than adults now.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ballplayer1992 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:05 am
Mad-Dogg wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:58 am The last two games the burg cheerblock has been called unsportsmanlike and disrespectful for turning and facing the wall during player intro and supposedly having baby dolls strapped to their chests against northwest.

How ironic is it that not many people are willing to address the issue of adults from opposing schools yelling obscenities at Wheelersburg players, but many of those same people jump at the chance to address Wheelersburg students for creating a tough environment for opposing schools to compete in. So apparently we are supposed to hold adolescents to a higher standard than adults now.
It’s tough to deal with and unacceptable in so many ways....but two wrongs don’t make a right and I’ve learned the high road is beautifully scenic and fulfilling

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

I don't remember reading anyone from Waverly saying it was wrong about MR. and MRS. Clause. Most I talked to said it was very cool that they had Santa being pulled by the reindeer. But at least you got your jab at Waverly. Now I'm sure it was just your way of pointing out the chanting out of nasty remarks. SMH....

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:13 am

It’s tough to deal with and unacceptable in so many ways....but two wrongs don’t make a right and I’ve learned the high road is beautifully scenic and fulfilling
I agree for the most part. The part that is concerning to me is that you have adults jeering and taunting kids. You also have adults defaming the character of children and coaches on this message board. For example, it is one thing to make a rude comment, but it elevates to an entirely different level to make unfounded claims about Wheelersburg football players abusing Adderall, which happened about a month ago.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ballplayer1992 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:30 am
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:13 am
I agree for the most part. The part that is concerning to me is that you have adults jeering and taunting kids. You also have adults defaming the character of children and coaches on this message board. For example, it is one thing to make a rude comment, but it elevates to an entirely different level to make unfounded claims about Wheelersburg football players abusing Adderall, which happened about a month ago.
That was way uncalled for. A lot of jealousy on here and a ton of people read this forum and seemingly just looking for something to get stirred up about. Burg ain’t perfect and neither is any other school/teams. The hate is Patriots-like. You guys beat us this year and I thought a couple really bad calls turned the game but Burg was better team...congrats and move on. I rooted for Burg until the season ended.

Yeah, some burg fans are insufferable and too big for their britches...but we have those fans too. Show me a good team and they’ll have those same fans, often the better the more but some of that is the perception from those that are envious too.

One thing I do know....the haters can’t be convinced or persuaded to change their thoughts and the backers are likely the same. This stuff isn’t going to end. Enjoy the run, Burg bball looks pretty special right now. A lot like me will jump on the postseason wagon and another large contingent will be there in hopes they lose....that’s a miserable way to be. I root on my team but my greatest happiness is when my team wins...not when a rival team loses. We have too many people that will truly be happier when Burg loses than when their team wins.

Return to “Boys Basketball”