12/21 Wheelersburg @ West

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Re: 12/21 Wheelersburg @ West

Post by LucasDavenport »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:17 pm
ballplayer1992 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:30 am
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:13 am

It’s tough to deal with and unacceptable in so many ways....but two wrongs don’t make a right and I’ve learned the high road is beautifully scenic and fulfilling
I agree for the most part. The part that is concerning to me is that you have adults jeering and taunting kids. You also have adults defaming the character of children and coaches on this message board. For example, it is one thing to make a rude comment, but it elevates to an entirely different level to make unfounded claims about Wheelersburg football players abusing Adderall, which happened about a month ago.
That was way uncalled for. A lot of jealousy on here and a ton of people read this forum and seemingly just looking for something to get stirred up about. Burg ain’t perfect and neither is any other school/teams. The hate is Patriots-like. You guys beat us this year and I thought a couple really bad calls turned the game but Burg was better team...congrats and move on. I rooted for Burg until the season ended.

Yeah, some burg fans are insufferable and too big for their britches...but we have those fans too. Show me a good team and they’ll have those same fans, often the better the more but some of that is the perception from those that are envious too.

One thing I do know....the haters can’t be convinced or persuaded to change their thoughts and the backers are likely the same. This stuff isn’t going to end. Enjoy the run, Burg bball looks pretty special right now. A lot like me will jump on the postseason wagon and another large contingent will be there in hopes they lose....that’s a miserable way to be. I root on my team but my greatest happiness is when my team wins...not when a rival team loses. We have too many people that will truly be happier when Burg loses than when their team wins.
Very good stuff Ironman92.

It’s interesting how a few posters enjoy orchestrating threads about this team or coaching staff in a negative fashion. These are adults doing this.

Wheelersburg has defeated Waverly, Ironton and Oak Hill this year. Pretty good season thus far.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Burg goes big tonight. burg by 39. 1 T

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:17 pm
ballplayer1992 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:30 am
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:13 am

It’s tough to deal with and unacceptable in so many ways....but two wrongs don’t make a right and I’ve learned the high road is beautifully scenic and fulfilling
I agree for the most part. The part that is concerning to me is that you have adults jeering and taunting kids. You also have adults defaming the character of children and coaches on this message board. For example, it is one thing to make a rude comment, but it elevates to an entirely different level to make unfounded claims about Wheelersburg football players abusing Adderall, which happened about a month ago.
That was way uncalled for. A lot of jealousy on here and a ton of people read this forum and seemingly just looking for something to get stirred up about. Burg ain’t perfect and neither is any other school/teams. The hate is Patriots-like. You guys beat us this year and I thought a couple really bad calls turned the game but Burg was better team...congrats and move on. I rooted for Burg until the season ended.

Yeah, some burg fans are insufferable and too big for their britches...but we have those fans too. Show me a good team and they’ll have those same fans, often the better the more but some of that is the perception from those that are envious too.

One thing I do know....the haters can’t be convinced or persuaded to change their thoughts and the backers are likely the same. This stuff isn’t going to end. Enjoy the run, Burg bball looks pretty special right now. A lot like me will jump on the postseason wagon and another large contingent will be there in hopes they lose....that’s a miserable way to be. I root on my team but my greatest happiness is when my team wins...not when a rival team loses. We have too many people that will truly be happier when Burg loses than when their team wins.
What you say is very accurate, and I definitely agree with you about celebrating the defeat of a rival at the hands of another school. I have never received much satisfaction celebrating another team's victory just because it was over one of Wheelersburg's rivals.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Did the burg student section behave tonite?

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Anyone have a score update

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Nope. Scores are secret anymore...we like to talk about boots and recruits

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

The Scores thread says 78-46. Pirates.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Last score I heard was 73-43 Burg. Didn’t get the final though.

Holden had 30 I think.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:40 am Burg by a lot.

Burg 78
West 42

Hopefully tempers don't flare in this matchup.
You need to play the lottery. You almost hit the Burg-Waverly score the other night as well

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:06 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:40 am Burg by a lot.

Burg 78
West 42

Hopefully tempers don't flare in this matchup.
You need to play the lottery. You almost hit the Burg-Waverly score the other night as well
I’ve definitely been close lately! May just wander over to the gas station and buy a ticket tomorrow :D

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:49 pm Nope. Scores are secret anymore...we like to talk about boots and recruits
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best

Return to “Boys Basketball”