Tuesday scores 12/18

BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Re: Tuesday scores 12/18

Post by BUCKEYES »

Calling for Stiverson to be replaced is so pathetic and shows you know nothing about the high school game at all. These are 15 yr old kids learning the game of basketball from one of the best teachers of the game in southeastern Ohio. These kids play their hearts out and Stiverson is doing an excellent job bringing them along. I'm very impressed with the heart these young kids have, maybe you should call for LE football coach fo be replaced, he does only run 3 plays from his coloring book. Then maybe someone on here might think your bright!

Braves87
Freshman Team

Post by Braves87 »

TravisHill222 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:20 pm
Braves87 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:10 pm Are you for real? This is the second time in 2 seasons that you’ve called for Stiverson’s Job! You jump on the bandwagon when LE is winning! He is starting 4 sophomores and 1 senior who has very limited varsity experience. I’ve followed this program for over 30 years and he’s put this program on the map in central Ohio. All coaches have their faults. Support the young kids NOW, not when they’re juniors and seniors winning championships!
Do u honestly believe these sophomores will be competing for championships as juniors and seniors being undersized?
You don’t? Maybe you should take over the program and see if you can turn the TEAM around. I bet the numbers would rise and you would have kids begging to play basketball at LE!

BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Post by BUCKEYES »

I definitely think these kids will compete for mid state championships as juniors and seniors, no doubt about it

TravisHill222
Freshman Team

Post by TravisHill222 »

Braves87 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:28 pm
Braves87 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:10 pm Are you for real? This is the second time in 2 seasons that you’ve called for Stiverson’s Job! You jump on the bandwagon when LE is winning! He is starting 4 sophomores and 1 senior who has very limited varsity experience. I’ve followed this program for over 30 years and he’s put this program on the map in central Ohio. All coaches have their faults. Support the young kids NOW, not when they’re juniors and seniors winning championships!
Do u honestly believe these sophomores will be competing for championships as juniors and seniors being undersized?
You don’t? Maybe you should take over the program and see if you can turn the TEAM around. I bet the numbers would rise and you would have kids begging to play basketball at LE!
Have u been to every game this season and if so have u seen improvement from game to game

TravisHill222
Freshman Team

Post by TravisHill222 »

TravisHill222 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:38 pm

Have u been to every game this season and if so have u seen improvement from game to game
Do u think they’ll beat Circleville Saturday?

Braves87
Freshman Team

Post by Braves87 »

TravisHill222 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:38 pm

I’ve been to every game over the past 10 seasons. Where have you been? Following Circleville? I’ve been through the Congroves, the Blakes, the Youngs, etc, etc. Did Stiverson “improve” with them? Know your LE basketball knowledge before you call for Stiverson’s job every year and make your ridiculous comments.

123xxx
Freshman Team

Post by 123xxx »

I don’t believe in name calling, so I’ll say this...Coach Stiverson is a PHENOMENAL coach. One of the best. Look elsewhere if that’s your feelings, he would be hired at any local school in seconds. Good luck Coach the rest of the year. As always, it’s a pleasure to watch your kids play.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I'm not a Logan Elm fan, but a couple SEO coaches that I do know pretty well, have always said that hes one of the best coaches in SEO. Just mayby you might think the talent that he has might be a little better than what they really are.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

TravisHill222 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:12 pm The problem @ LE is Stiverson plain and simple because parents are sick of their kids going out for the team and not getting playing time as u can see by the numbers only being 18 between the JV and varsity. Stiverson has been a great coach @ LE but I really believe it’s tine for a fresh start.
So you go from saying Logan Elm should be considered for pfloyd's Elite Eight in one week to saying Coach Stiverson needs to go in the following week. Talk about going from one extreme to another.

Coach Stiverson is one of the best coaches in the Southeast District and is very well-respected among his peers. Coach Stiverson, as he would be the first to tell you, also has a pretty solid coaching staff.

The problem with Logan Elm is they have a good group of kids, but the best players on the team are sophomores between 5-8 and 5-10. They were facing wings last night from Amanda who are 6-2 and juniors and seniors. Sorry, but the latter is typically going to win unless the former shoots well (LE was 19 of 45 from the field, so that doesn't meet the criteria).

The football team has went 2-18 in the last two seasons, boys basketball is coming off a 9-13 season (Doug's first losing season since in the very early 2000s when he first got to LE and had to start building the program) and baseball really struggled. There is not a lot of boys talent at Logan Elm right now.

If you want to play for Coach Stiverson, you have to earn your playing time. It's as simple as that. That's how it's always been and should be.

If you want to say you're disappointed in Logan Elm's start, fine. The players are disappointed and the coaching staff is disappointed. Logan Elm has not executed like it needs to with its limitations to beat a good team over the past three games. But to call for Coach Stiverson to be let go is ignorant and makes Logan Elm folks look ignorant.
Last edited by bman on Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

TravisHill222 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:57 pm
HamPorter wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:33 pm
TravisHill222 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:12 pm The problem @ LE is Stiverson plain and simple because parents are sick of their kids going out for the team and not getting playing time as u can see by the numbers only being 18 between the JV and varsity. Stiverson has been a great coach @ LE but I really believe it’s tine for a fresh start.
Go back to your twitter hole you came out of with that garbage opinion.
I’m speaking the truth sports @ LE have went downhill and if this team doesn’t get things turned around it could be the 3rd year in a row of not playing in the Convo
Do me a favor and dig up the last program you have from when Logan Elm played at the Convo (and had no business being there, but somehow won 15 games that season). Notice how many times Logan Elm played in the district tournament before Coach Stiverson got to Logan Elm and how many times they've made Basketball 30 during the Coach Stiverson era.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

So you admit to the limitation, but Coach Stiverson is supposed to wave a magic wand so a 5-10 kid can score around a 6-6 kid repeatedly?

The sophomores are stronger than they were last year and will continue to work hard and get stronger. The hope is they grow a few inches and maybe another taller player or two are added from the reserve team or from middle school.

dpatty
Freshman Team

Post by dpatty »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:02 pm Vinton County(74)-(66)Meigs
Federal Hocking - Belpre
Miller - Wahama
Trimble - Southern
Alexandner - River Valley
Frontier - Beallsville
South Gallia - Ohio Valley Christian
Federal Hocking 46 v Belpre 48
Miller v Wahama
Trimble 59 v Southern 45
Alexander 59 v River Valley 35
Frontier 59 v Beallsville 57
South Gallia v Ohio Valley Christian moved to 1/19

bburner
Freshman Team

Post by bburner »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:02 pm Vinton County(74)-(66)Meigs
Federal Hocking - Belpre
Miller - Wahama
Trimble - Southern
Eastern Meigs(30)-(45)Waterford

Nelsonville-York(41)-(54)Athens
Alexandner - River Valley
Oak Hill(66)-(34)Portsmouth West
Northwest Mohawks(33)-(66)South Webster
Valley(53)-(63)Minford Falcons

Wheelersburg(75)-(57)Waverly
Hillsboro(47)-(42)Fayetteville
Miami Trace(46)-(69)Jackson Ironmen
Washington C.H.(54)-(47)McClain
Logan(70)-(42)Parkersburg

Caldwell(60)-(28)Monroe Central
Frontier - Beallsville
Bellaire St John’s(24)-(81)Shenandoah
Marietta(69)-(48)New Philadelphia
New Lexington Panthers(65)-(45)Crooksville

Morgan(35)-(56)John Glenn
Tri-Valley(56)-(31)Maysville
Sheridan(68)-(37)WM
Clay(46)-(58)Western
Green(57)-(75)Glenwood

Eastern(52)-(18)Notre Dame
Sciotoville(67)-(87)Symmes Valley
St. Joe(57)-(55)Rock Hill
New Hope Christian(73)-(44)Westfall
Southeastern(37)-(56)Chesapeake

Logan Elm(48)-(53)Amanda
Bloom-Carroll(64)-(59)Circleville
H.T.(55)-(50)F.U.
Teays Valley(56)-(45)Liberty Union
Manchester(23)-(63)Eastern Brown

West Union(83)-(55)Lynchburg-Clay
Ripley(58)-(50)Bracken County
Peebles(66)-(64)Fairfield
South Gallia - Ohio Valley Christian
Athens 54 - NY 51

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Vinton County(74)-(66)Meigs
Federal Hocking(46)-(48)Belpre
Miller(65)-(75)Wahama
Trimble(59)-(45)Southern
Eastern Meigs(30)-(45)Waterford

Nelsonville-York(51)-(54)Athens
Alexandner(59)-(35)River Valley
Oak Hill(66)-(34)Portsmouth West
Northwest Mohawks(33)-(66)South Webster
Valley(53)-(63)Minford Falcons

Wheelersburg(75)-(57)Waverly
Hillsboro(47)-(42)Fayetteville
Miami Trace(46)-(69)Jackson Ironmen
Washington C.H.(54)-(47)McClain
Logan(70)-(42)Parkersburg

Caldwell(60)-(28)Monroe Central
Frontier(59)-(57)Beallsville
Bellaire St John’s(24)-(81)Shenandoah
New Philadelphia(69)-(48)Marietta
New Lexington Panthers(65)-(45)Crooksville

Morgan(35)-(56)John Glenn
Tri-Valley(56)-(31)Maysville
Sheridan(68)-(37)WM
Clay(46)-(58)Western
Green(57)-(75)Glenwood

Eastern(52)-(18)Notre Dame
Sciotoville(67)-(87)Symmes Valley
St. Joe(55)-(53)Rock Hill
New Hope Christian(73)-(44)Westfall
Southeastern(37)-(56)Chesapeake

Logan Elm(48)-(53)Amanda
Bloom-Carroll(64)-(59)Circleville
H.T.(55)-(50)F.U.
Teays Valley(56)-(45)Liberty Union
Manchester(23)-(63)Eastern Brown

West Union(83)-(55)Lynchburg-Clay
Ripley(58)-(50)Bracken County
Peebles(66)-(64)Fairfield
Last edited by Tri-StateYouthSports on Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by bradyquinnd »

Laughable Post----also you might want to be careful of what you wish for, I would say that Coach Stiverson is just a couple of years away from retiring, then LE will return to the years of 5 win seasons that they had before Coach Stiverson took over in 97.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bman wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:34 am
So you go from saying Logan Elm should be considered for pfloyd's Elite Eight in one week to saying Coach Stiverson needs to go in the following week. Talk about going from one extreme to another.

Coach Stiverson is one of the best coaches in the Southeast District and is very well-respected among his peers. Coach Stiverson, as he would be the first to tell you, also has a pretty solid coaching staff.

The problem with Logan Elm is they have a good group of kids, but the best players on the team are sophomores between 5-8 and 5-10. They were facing wings last night from Amanda who are 6-2 and juniors and seniors. Sorry, but the latter is typically going to win unless the former shoots well (LE was 19 of 45 from the field, so that doesn't meet the criteria).

The football team has went 2-18 in the last two seasons, boys basketball is coming off a 9-13 season (Doug's first losing season since in the very early 2000s when he first got to LE and had to start building the program) and baseball really struggled. There is not a lot of boys talent at Logan Elm right now.

If you want to play for Coach Stiverson, you have to earn your playing time. It's as simple as that. That's how it's always been and should be.

If you want to say you're disappointed in Logan Elm's start, fine. The players are disappointed and the coaching staff is disappointed. Logan Elm has not executed like it needs to with its limitations to beat a good team over the past three games. But to call for Coach Stiverson to be let go is ignorant and makes Logan Elm folks look ignorant.
Great post bman ! YOU of anyone on here being embedded in the Northwest Territories KNOW of which you post my friend ... I can't even believe what I have read posted on here - someone calling for one of the BEST Coaches in the SE District in Coach Stiverson to step aside ???!!! I've watched a lot of basketball in my time, I've listened to , watched the coaching of many coaches courtside in the SE District ... it is more than safe to say that Logan Elm is a PROGRAM that has earned the respect of every other basketball school Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... Coach Stiverson/Coach Holbert/Coach Dropsey are the brain trust of that PROGRAM ... every PROGRAM is run by a TEAM of coaches who collectively believe in the philosophy of the head coach. The collective group of coaches in a program (from freshmen/jv to varsity) - TEACH the game of basketball ... Coach Stiverson/Coach Holbert/Coach Dropsey are 3 of the BEST "teachers of the game" I have seen in my years of watching the game in SE Ohio ... this group of 14-15 year olds ? we are 2 weeks into the season ! as bman pointed out this group of players are one - outstanding ! ... two they are 5-8 to 5-10 youngin's who are not physically as strong/as big as the juniors/senior 17/18 year olds they are playing ... unless they knockdown 10+ three pointers a night - they are going to have to hold their opponent to less than 50 points a game every night out ... I for one am on the LE bandwagon that is excited to get to watch the improvement of this group of sophomores - as juniors/seniors they WILL BE playing for championships in the MSL , WILL BE making their way to the Convo (don't even think THAT statement insinuates that they WON'T get to the Convo THIS season) ... Coach Stiverson & his staff teaches the game the way it should be taught - fundamentals ! if you don't have fundamentals you can ONLY go so far on talent and/or size ... with the fundamentals that Coach Stiverson & his staff teaches - the crisp 2 hand/chest passes, the bounce passes ... the physical screens (actually putting a body on the opponent) ... the no hands, move the feet defense ... beating up the opponent with your body defense ... stopping opponents from getting to their spots, putting a body on the opponent going into the paint/redirecting opponents with the body - I SMILE EVERY SINGLE TIME I WATCH LE PLAY D ! ... when I was at LE to see the Braves take on Liberty Union I chatted with Coach Dropsey briefly - I told him I was hoping that this group of sophomores would be THE team to break in the new school - Coach told me that it would be the next group - the 8th graders this season would be the first group ... I was disappointed but I KNOW that the group of 8th graders (with Coach Holbert's son in that group) will be taught the same fundamentals that Coach Stiverson teaches to all of his players and TEAMS - they will be just fine ... just as THIS group will be just fine ... for those who are criticizing? #walkingawaynow

tigerblue
Freshman Team

Post by tigerblue »

Marietta did not beat New Philly. Score is correct, but New Philly was the winner.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

tigerblue wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:21 pm Marietta did not beat New Philly. Score is correct, but New Philly was the winner.
Thanks. It's corrected now.

Post by pfloyd »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:28 pm
tigerblue wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:21 pm Marietta did not beat New Philly. Score is correct, but New Philly was the winner.
Thanks. It's corrected now.
TSYS ! great job gathering all of the scores every game night ! ... sure makes my job easier - some of the scores are not easy to find ! - I have ALWAYS had trouble getting scores for Portsmouth ND and St Joseph - everyone else is doable BUT those 2 schools game finals ... I shake my head most of the time LOL ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:16 pm
bman wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:34 am

Great post bman ! YOU of anyone on here being embedded in the Northwest Territories KNOW of which you post my friend ... I can't even believe what I have read posted on here - someone calling for one of the BEST Coaches in the SE District in Coach Stiverson to step aside ???!!! I've watched a lot of basketball in my time, I've listened to , watched the coaching of many coaches courtside in the SE District ... it is more than safe to say that Logan Elm is a PROGRAM that has earned the respect of every other basketball school Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... Coach Stiverson/Coach Holbert/Coach Dropsey are the brain trust of that PROGRAM ... every PROGRAM is run by a TEAM of coaches who collectively believe in the philosophy of the head coach. The collective group of coaches in a program (from freshmen/jv to varsity) - TEACH the game of basketball ... Coach Stiverson/Coach Holbert/Coach Dropsey are 3 of the BEST "teachers of the game" I have seen in my years of watching the game in SE Ohio ... this group of 14-15 year olds ? we are 2 weeks into the season ! as bman pointed out this group of players are one - outstanding ! ... two they are 5-8 to 5-10 youngin's who are not physically as strong/as big as the juniors/senior 17/18 year olds they are playing ... unless they knockdown 10+ three pointers a night - they are going to have to hold their opponent to less than 50 points a game every night out ... I for one am on the LE bandwagon that is excited to get to watch the improvement of this group of sophomores - as juniors/seniors they WILL BE playing for championships in the MSL , WILL BE making their way to the Convo (don't even think THAT statement insinuates that they WON'T get to the Convo THIS season) ... Coach Stiverson & his staff teaches the game the way it should be taught - fundamentals ! if you don't have fundamentals you can ONLY go so far on talent and/or size ... with the fundamentals that Coach Stiverson & his staff teaches - the crisp 2 hand/chest passes, the bounce passes ... the physical screens (actually putting a body on the opponent) ... the no hands, move the feet defense ... beating up the opponent with your body defense ... stopping opponents from getting to their spots, putting a body on the opponent going into the paint/redirecting opponents with the body - I SMILE EVERY SINGLE TIME I WATCH LE PLAY D ! ... when I was at LE to see the Braves take on Liberty Union I chatted with Coach Dropsey briefly - I told him I was hoping that this group of sophomores would be THE team to break in the new school - Coach told me that it would be the next group - the 8th graders this season would be the first group ... I was disappointed but I KNOW that the group of 8th graders (with Coach Holbert's son in that group) will be taught the same fundamentals that Coach Stiverson teaches to all of his players and TEAMS - they will be just fine ... just as THIS group will be just fine ... for those who are criticizing? #walkingawaynow
Great post. We talk to coaches across the district and we know what they think of Coach Stiverson and the quality coaching staff he has put together. Logan Elm won nine games last season playing four freshmen and one senior, who came a long way and is a great kid, but was a role player during the previous season. Logan Elm plays the game the right way and it's a joy to watch them year after year.

I've viewed last season and this season as development seasons to hopefully set the stage for the Braves competing for championships in the next two seasons and beyond. That's the right mindset to take. Some folks are impatient.

Return to “Boys Basketball”