Best High School Player(s) You've Seen

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Re: Best High School Player(s) You've Seen

Post by AnkleBraces »

Dante Jackson the best I’ve ever seen in the SE. Jared Sullinger was pretty good at Northland.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

enigmaax wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:55 am
FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:18 am
PopeSnoopDogThe1st wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:20 am Crazy to think that OJ Mayo, Bill Walker & Patrick Patterson came from the same little area in Huntington at the same time.....

I remember watching Mayo play Ashland Regional tournament when he was at Rose Hill as a 7th grader...He was unbelievable, as was Walker
And they both (Mayo / Walker) won 2 titles in Ohio with North College Hill and then Mayo went back to Huntington High to finish his Sr. year and won another title if my memory serves me correctly ?
Yes. Mayo played his senior year with Patrick Patterson, who had already won back-to-back titles at Huntington.

Walker wasn’t eligible his senior year and I can’t remember if it had to do with also playing at Rose Hill (did Mayo go back to WV over eligibility issues?). Whatever the case, Walker graduated early and enrolled at Kansas State.
Walker was too old, I think the Rose Hill thing was what happened with why Mayo had to leave.

Craziest thing is that NCH still won a 3rd straight title after those 2 left. They still had some really nice talent, beat Burg in the Final Four on a long 3 at the buzzer and then beat Aaron Craft (as a freshman) and Liberty Benton in the finals.

Swampfox13
Riding the Bench

Post by Swampfox13 »

Dan Monteroso from St. Clairsville was pretty good player and then went to Big Ten school in football on scholarship.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Jake Kretzer, Dylan Swingle are two of my favorite to have watched played

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Brigham Waginger might be the best defensive player to ever come from the SE region. Cam Miller and Nick Aldridge are definitely up there. I can't believe that nobody has mentioned Kyle Ondera yet. One of the more complete PG's in the SE region ever. PJ Rase with his shooting ability certainly ranks pretty high up there for myself as well.

KingBaller
Waterboy

Post by KingBaller »

Loved watching Nathan Copas from North Adams.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

A couple of good ball players from the past I saw was Todd Snider [Athens] and a guy from Union Furnace named Bob Patton.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
bball30
Freshman Team

Post by bball30 »

All great but gotta add Rick Scarberry from Franklin Furnace, also a stellar career at OU. By the way, Bobcats kicked some booty in the Frisco Bowl last night....OU---Oh Yeah!!!!

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Estaban Weaver and ain't even close. This kid was Lebron before Lebron. He was a better shooter, a better ball-handler, a better finisher, and a better passer than LBJ. He was special. It is tragic and cautionary tale for those that came after.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:00 pm Estaban Weaver and ain't even close. This kid was Lebron before Lebron. He was a better shooter, a better ball-handler, a better finisher, and a better passer than LBJ. He was special. It is tragic and cautionary tale for those that came after.
Trailer

Full Video (1h06m)

Post by VetteMan »

I'll also say Kyle Ondera from Oak Hill as far as SEO is concerned. Great all around player who could have scored a whole lot more points if he had wanted to. 6'1 and led OH in rebounding all 3 years that he played. Saw him beat an ( unbeatable ) Harvest Prep team up at the Fairgrounds Col. when he was a So. He led OH to a State Championship his Junior year, and led OH to an undefeated season his Senior year before losing to the Burg in the Sect. Finals. Like a coach on the floor, and a very humble and respectful kid.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Oldies but Meadows, Gray, Bays brothers and Rase were all D1 players from Burg.

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Of course Lebron, Mayo would probably be the best I've seen personally in high school but there have been alot of great players to watch. Best two I've seen in SE ohio
Over the past 10 years Dante Jackson and humpty Hitchens and it isn't close I always said if Hitchens was 6'3 he would have been the best. cumberland from wilmington was great as well Also someone i haven't seen named that i watched absolutely destroy Jared sullinger and trey burke from northland at the fairgrounds. Was stevie Taylor from Gahanna cat had to be 5'6 but was fearless.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

wipala wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:36 pm The Frazier boy from New Boston,,,awesome
Cook from Chillicothe
Leroy Frazier

Tigerhawk123
Waterboy

Post by Tigerhawk123 »

King James, Dante Jackson, Diebler, Cumberland, Jason Collier

Return to “Boys Basketball”