Best High School Player(s) You've Seen

beaverlover
SE

Re: Best High School Player(s) You've Seen

Post by beaverlover »

Most of mine have already been mentioned, but I'll go outside se district.I watched Chris Quinn play his Sr year at Coffman and he was unreal..went to an all day classic at Betel hall that year with Great players from across country playing and he stood out more than any to me that particular day..they played a prep school from NC I believe that day and he single handily gave his team a chance..put on a show I'll never forget. Great player at ND as well as getting drafted

KingBaller
Waterboy

Post by KingBaller »

Had Beau Justice been 4" taller. He'd be all over this list. Kid could completely dominate a game at 5" 11"

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Larry Hisle, PHS
Jerry Lucas, Middletown
May from Dayton Belmont
Mike Yeagle, Portsmouth East
SE basketball has been so great for so long,,,how to make a list is a real challenge and pleasure....

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

The Frazier boy from New Boston,,,awesome
Cook from Chillicothe

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:10 pm Favorite high school player to watch at the Convo?

Gotta be Geno Ford! Only got to watch him the regionals - but boy he was fun to watch.

What school did he to to? Didn't he play at OU?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Justin Myers from Symmes Valley 2001-02 season went to the lead 8.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
i83
Freshman Team

Post by i83 »

Jim jackson lebron james

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

Andrew Burleson- Wheelersburg, he was a beast and could do everything

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

mattash wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:06 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:10 pm Favorite high school player to watch at the Convo?

Gotta be Geno Ford! Only got to watch him the regionals - but boy he was fun to watch.

I think Cambridge

Its all in the hips
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

My oldest brother played for Green in a holiday showcase at the Convo in either '90 or '91...the game before his Columbus Wehrle played the team Jalen Rose was on...that was pretty cool

KY.BUCKEYE
Freshman Team

Post by KY.BUCKEYE »

Watched 0J Mayo(NCH) at memorial field house in Hunt.W.Va in 04 maybe? Nick Aldridge probably best all around player. RH varsity coach could score with the best of them. Heck of a qb also!! G.Collins

G0 BuCKs
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

WHSgrad2000 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:40 am Gary Trent played at Waverly Holiday Classic before it was a county tournament
OJ Mayo played I think at Zane Trace Tip-off Classic
Andrew Wiggins' HHS team played an exhibition game vs. Marietta College's JV at Point Pleasant (WV) High School.
I was at that game at Point Pleasant. Wiggins went 25 for 27 and 57 points. Saw him go for 44 at WVU.

Mayo and LeBron seemed most pro ready in high school that I've seen

123xxx
Freshman Team

Post by 123xxx »

Jimmy Jackson, Lebron, Clark Kellogg

Round here:
Dante’ Jackson, Todd Staker, Brett Roberts, Geno Ford

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

PopeSnoopDogThe1st wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:20 am Crazy to think that OJ Mayo, Bill Walker & Patrick Patterson came from the same little area in Huntington at the same time.....

I remember watching Mayo play Ashland Regional tournament when he was at Rose Hill as a 7th grader...He was unbelievable, as was Walker
And they both (Mayo / Walker) won 2 titles in Ohio with North College Hill and then Mayo went back to Huntington High to finish his Sr. year and won another title if my memory serves me correctly ?

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Happy McGavin wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:38 pm

I think Cambridge
Yes he went to Cambridge, played w/ him his Freshman year. Best overall for me was Jay Burson from John Glenn. He would still be #1 in career points if the 3 was around when he played. He was the smoothest player ever and would shoot from anywhere. Someone earlier mentioned Lawerence Funderburke. Got to watch him up close when we were in the State Tourney in 1988. He caught a pass outside of the fouline with his back to the basket, drop step to the hole, no dribble and dunked it...the place went crazy.

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

Ed Jacobs Wellston. Played for Fred Taylor at OSU.
Ed Springs Jackson

But no doubt the absolute best: Katie Smith.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:18 am
PopeSnoopDogThe1st wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:20 am Crazy to think that OJ Mayo, Bill Walker & Patrick Patterson came from the same little area in Huntington at the same time.....

I remember watching Mayo play Ashland Regional tournament when he was at Rose Hill as a 7th grader...He was unbelievable, as was Walker
And they both (Mayo / Walker) won 2 titles in Ohio with North College Hill and then Mayo went back to Huntington High to finish his Sr. year and won another title if my memory serves me correctly ?
Yes. Mayo played his senior year with Patrick Patterson, who had already won back-to-back titles at Huntington.

Walker wasn’t eligible his senior year and I can’t remember if it had to do with also playing at Rose Hill (did Mayo go back to WV over eligibility issues?). Whatever the case, Walker graduated early and enrolled at Kansas State.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Watched Dante Jackson, in his senior year against Chillicothe at the convo, just outstanding. He fouled out in OT and had scored like 46 of their 53 points I think it was. He was going out to the guards just to get the ball, was getting double and triple teamed and still making his shots. Lebron is to easy of an answer, lol.

eagle country
Freshman Team

Post by eagle country »

He went to Cambridge high school and yes to Ohio University played a year or 2 with Gary Trent

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:45 pm Dante Jackson vs Upper Sandusky and Jon Diebler at the Schott at the Play by Play Classic is the single greatest performance I’ve ever seen. That dude just utterly dominated every aspect of the game and nearly had a quadruple double (one assist and steal short) in a massive win for McClain.

Dante would definitely be up there for me in our district, but Lebron is the best I’ve seen in person, OJ Mayo would be 2nd, followed by Jarron Cumberland from Wilmington.
Walked off and gave the “X” to the fans. Made me cry a little bit knowing he wasn’t going to be a Buckeye

Return to “Boys Basketball”