Student sections

Tartanblue
SEO

Student sections

Post by Tartanblue »

Let's have some fun with this one, especially since there have rumblings around scioto county about Burgs this weekend against Northwest. Who has the best and or worst student sections in the area.
Last edited by Tartanblue on Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

KingBaller
Waterboy

Re: Student sections

Post by KingBaller »

Adena has a pretty nasty student section.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Keep in mind that we are talking about kids folks.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Student sections have been going on for around 40 years now. My dad used to talk about some chants back in the day. It’s the adults that can’t take it, not the kids.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

the object of the student section is to try and distract the players from playing if they are doing that in a successful manner with out physically touching them I see no problems

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Worst one I have seen was being led by a staff member that went on to be a head coach. Classy

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Probably Sheridan. They made national news

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I remember seeing a video last year of a student section having Moses part the red sea before the game. It was pretty good also the student sections that are big enough to pull off the rollercoaster, seen burg do it one year.
Last edited by Tartanblue on Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:44 pm Probably Sheridan. They made national news

What exactly was this I don't remember

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Kicker. wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:19 am
Raider6309 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:44 pm Probably Sheridan. They made national news

What exactly was this I don't remember
I think it was the student section was behind the opponents basket, and one of the students acted like he was giving birth to another student, and the player missed the free throw. I believe that is the one that is being referred to?

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

AT THE RESERVATION
TCat
Riding the Bench

Post by TCat »

Wheelersburg took it way too far against Northwest. Administration and Wheelersburg fans should've been embarrassed.

BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBaskets »

I was embarrassed for Northwest, OMG, 24-0 before they could even score a point! Student section did NOTHING more than any county schools have done for at least the past 30 years. When I was in school, it was Burgs Student Section on steroids! People talking on social media weren't even at the game! CHILL

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I like to go incognito and sit on visitor side during games. Trust me northwest fans and most opposing schools have no room to talk. Just because you hide in the stands and say it doesn’t make you any different than the kid in the student section.
Last edited by wobycat on Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Yeah how dare they wear flannel and cowboy/work boots!!! The nerve of some people. Then to go completely of the rails by pretending to birth a baby during a foul shot.

They should just stick to experimenting with sex or drugs or something worse. SMH. Maybe they should just stand there and do a polite golf clap. Just kids having fun, you guys remember what that is don’t you?

TCat
Riding the Bench

Post by TCat »

If other schools had done the stuff they did Friday, their would've been public apologies and most schools would've suspended the student sections. They took it too far

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TCat wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:38 am If other schools had done the stuff they did Friday, their would've been public apologies and most schools would've suspended the student sections. They took it too far
What did they do to offend the Northwest Fans? Were there signs? I may agree with you that it may have not been funny or in poor taste, or whatever, I didn't pay that much attention to them. The only thing I thought was directed towards north west was when the section chanted score a point. But I don't understand how cowboy boots and baby dolls offends the Northwest fan base.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

I wish there was a way that kids at Logan could get in free for basketball games. ANy time they have allowed this to happen they have had HUGE student sections for bigger games. I think there needs to be a way for kids who attend school in the district to get in free. I know there are a bunch of smaller school districts who allow this to happen.

Live Like A Champion!
TCat
Riding the Bench

Post by TCat »

wobycat wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:42 am
TCat wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:38 am If other schools had done the stuff they did Friday, their would've been public apologies and most schools would've suspended the student sections. They took it too far
What did they do to offend the Northwest Fans? Were there signs? I may agree with you that it may have not been funny or in poor taste, or whatever, I didn't pay that much attention to them. The only thing I thought was directed towards north west was when the section chanted score a point. But I don't understand how cowboy boots and baby dolls offends the Northwest fan base.
The whole thing had nothing to do with the game at hand, just trying to make fun of the Northwest community in general. A complete lack of class no matter how you spin it.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TCat wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:47 am
wobycat wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:42 am
The whole thing had nothing to do with the game at hand, just trying to make fun of the Northwest community in general. A complete lack of class no matter how you spin it.
How you receive something is on you. Trying to make fun of the Northwest community? In what way? Is that how Northwest people live? I doubt it, since I know several people from the area. These are kids who dressed up in cowboy outfits. So what? Again you need to listen carefully to the people in your own stands. I've heard more that pales in comparison. I realize i'm not going to convince you on anything, but ProudPirate is right, Kids can't have any fun. Adults are more sensitive than the kids these days. That's why we have participation trophies, don't want anyone upset that they didn't win.

Return to “Boys Basketball”