Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #2

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #2

Post by noreply66 »

Agree with pfloyd where SEO teams will be knocking each other off this year. Looks like a lot more balanced SEO.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’d like to point out that Whiteoak went on the road and outscored New Boston 54-27 in the 2nd

Coach Blake Kibler getting it done

southeastking
Waterboy

Post by southeastking »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:54 pm I’d like to point out that Whiteoak went on the road and outscored New Boston 54-27 in the 2nd

Coach Blake Kibler getting it done
Do you think Whiteoak can win the division 4 side of the SHAC this year?

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

thx pfloyd, looks as though this is going to be a great season for SE Ohio basketball

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Great job as always pfloyd. I don't think I've seen as many games as you pfloyd, but from what I have seen and the scores I've looked at, this would be my top 10.

1.) Logan
2.) Sheridan
3.) Jackson
4.) Zane Trace
5.) Gallia
6.) Washington CH
7.) Wheelersburg
8.) Chillicothe
9.) Alexander
10.) Ironton

Not a ton of disparity between 9-15 if you ask me, but that's how I'd rank my 10 right now.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Unbiased
Waterboy

Post by Unbiased »

In my opinion, even at 14, Fairland is too low for their resumé. They beat Ironton straight up, as well as beating Ironton who beat Gallia and easily beating Webster on the road who beat Waverly at their place. I also think that Alexander has deserved a higher spot for the season that they have put together, it’s been impressive thus far. That’s just my opinion though, all respect as you do a great job. I’m sure it will all fall into place.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Quick peak at Athens schedule, they play - or will play - 7 of the top 19 teams ... Including 1, 3, 5, 8, 9.

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Athens will be post season ready!

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Big week for the #1 Chieftains. They host Parkersburg tonight. Then play Hilliard Davidson on Saturday at Capital University.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

I like where my Blue Devils are but wish my Waterford kids were a few spots higher

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

I think Fairland is in the right spot for now. No real standout on the team, but all contribute. Princeton offense is hard to defend and when they play some of these teams the second time it may be a different story. Lambiotte returning will help their depth some. I would hate to play them come tourney time!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Firebreather wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:17 pm I think Fairland is in the right spot for now. No real standout on the team, but all contribute. Princeton offense is hard to defend and when they play some of these teams the second time it may be a different story. Lambiotte returning will help their depth some. I would hate to play them come tourney time!
Agree. Being back in D3 makes them a real threat as well. Have you seen that sectional? WOW! A legit 8 good teams, yet only 4 get out.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Peebles young group of players are starting to believe. Tonight the nine deep group of Sophmore and a few juniors took a big step forward with a victory over Fairfield by the score 66-64. One Sophmore was C-103 player of the game,One Sophmore hit the winning free throws and another scored 17 points. Three in double figures and 9 played and I believe all 9 scored. Great game Indians.

sportsdude
Waterboy

Post by sportsdude »

glad to see my ironmen on this list. Awesome game last friday against courthouse.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... looking at all of the game results last night (12/18) nothing jumps off the pink sheets of legal pad - Wheelersburg in the dyslexic game result 75-57 over Waverly - not really a surprise at the Burg ... the same result for New Boston AT Green 75-57 (I and the Ouija Board had the Tigers with the W but not by that big of a margin - a slight surprise) ... Athens by only 3 over Nelsonville York at NY ? thought the Bulldogs would be closer to a double digit winner - but it was AT NY and is a rivalry game ... games/teams getting "stars" beside their names to KEEP watching closer - * Washington CH - the Blue Lions beat a good McClain team 54-47 ... *Trimble /Coach Howie picked up win #2 this one over Southern 59-45 ... ** Vinton County! the Vikings beat a good Meigs team ... VC's only losses - 1 point to Alexander and 3 points to Athens AT A'town (at 2-2 VC looks to be on the move - "up") ... * Logan a BIG time thrashing of the Parkersburg Big Red 72-43 ... the Chiefs are starting to get "roles" redistributed - "life after Landis" ... scoring from Landon Little, Wes Brooks, Caleb Bell and now the bench has gotten longer with key minutes going to 6-6 jr. Justin Wolfe ... JW is 6-6 and strong/thick lower body - if he isn't going to be playing JV he has to see the floor on varsity and is now ... Tegan Myers the young freshman - entered the game - promptly had a board and putback for a key bucket along with Wolfe to help the Purple get separation last night vs the Big Red ... a BIG task this weekend on a semi neutral court at Capital U vs Hilliard Davidson (HD is BIG with "no one under 6-2 size" " 3 players at 6-7 size" throw in only 2 juniors on the roster the rest are seniors ... a major challenge for the Chiefs ... I will be looking closely at this one this weekend ... on a side note Gallia's Zach Loveday was in attendance at the Logan vs Parkersburg matchup Tuesday night ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Go OU !!! sorry watching the Bobcats winning 17-0 over San Diego St. in the Frisco Bowl ...

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:21 pm Go OU !!! sorry watching the Bobcats winning 17-0 over San Diego St. in the Frisco Bowl ...
Me too! Bobcats playing well!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Western over Portsmouth tonight ? makes the Eastern Pike 53-45 win over Western even a better W ...

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:09 pm Western over Portsmouth tonight ? makes the Eastern Pike 53-45 win over Western even a better W ...
EP lost a starter (quit team) and they’re not very deep.
If one of their bigs gets in foul trouble they’ll struggle to match up with a good team and if the Leist kid (point guard) subs out or gets in foul trouble they are terrible. However, if they don’t foul and keep their legs, they have 4 solid players who will win a lot of games for EP. If they were in SOC2 this year they’d finish 4th In the league at best in my opinion. The SOC 1 outside of NB/EP isn’t strong this year.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:09 pm Western over Portsmouth tonight ? makes the Eastern Pike 53-45 win over Western even a better W ...
Western playing very well,yes a very good win @ Western for the Eagles who have a big one Friday vs your Alma mater.. first place in league on the line. "THE NEST" should be rocking.

Return to “Boys Basketball”