Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
BigGuy10
Varsity

Re: 12-18 Wheelersburg vs Waverly

Post by BigGuy10 »

Going to be a tough matchup for the Tigers on the road as it always is in Wheelersburg. Haven't seen Wheelersburg play yet this year so I don't know much about them. If the Tigers want to win they need to find more consistent scorers and straighten up their free throws. With them doing that, I hope for a Tiger victory on Tuesday evening. I'll go with...
Waverly 67
Wheelersburg 62

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

To me this is the hardest game on Waverlys schedule this year. Hostile environment, never get a good whistle there, wheelersburg really really good. Waverly has the athletes to match up and can run a few bodies at Holden. Last year Wolfe, Remington, and Marquez all did a good job on him. Truiit hurt us worse last year. If the Tigers can control their emotions should be a great game. Hoping for a Tigers win as well!
Last edited by Ukfanatic on Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Love what Waverly brings. I think they have to get a lot of post touches and someone needs to step up from the perimeter.

Gotta go Burg at home....and potentially big

SOC94
Freshman Team

Post by SOC94 »

This will be a high scoring game. 75-70ish type game.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ukfanatic wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:32 pm To me this is the hardest game on Waverlys schedule this year. Hostile environment, never get a good whistle there, wheelersburg really really good. Waverly has the athletes to match up and can run a few bodies at Holden. Last year Wolfe, Remington, and Marquez all did a good job on him. Truiit hurt us worse last year. If the Tigers can control their emotions should be a great game. Hoping for a Tigers win as well!
Burg doesn’t get a good whistle there either lol. Waverly matches up well but Truitt has been playing well. If he continues, Burg should win.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

From afar, Burg 72 Waverly 48.

The Pirates have the athletes to control the tempo and thus control the Tiger's helter skelter scheme. If Waverly cannot run or make free throws the Burg will roll.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Ukfanatic wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:32 pm To me this is the hardest game on Waverlys schedule this year. Hostile environment, never get a good whistle there, wheelersburg really really good. Waverly has the athletes to match up and can run a few bodies at Holden. Last year Wolfe, Remington, and Marquez all did a good job on him. Truiit hurt us worse last year. If the Tigers can control their emotions should be a great game. Hoping for a Tigers win as well!

Burg never gets a good whistle at Waverly so touché

Burg needs to get out and run. Would like to see Trent Salyers shooting more. Listened to the Ironton game and I do not remember him taking a shot.

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

Be careful who sitting behind your bench with audio equipment.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

dontreply wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:13 pm Be careful who sitting behind your bench with audio equipment.
Stay on topic.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Omega wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:24 pm From afar, Burg 72 Waverly 48.

The Pirates have the athletes to control the tempo and thus control the Tiger's helter skelter scheme. If Waverly cannot run or make free throws the Burg will roll.

I get that Burg is the better team but to win by that much against arguably the second best team in the SOC? The games last year were both close considering they split

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Kicker. wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:04 pm
Omega wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:24 pm From afar, Burg 72 Waverly 48.

I get that Burg is the better team but to win by that much against arguably the second best team in the SOC? The games last year were both close considering they split
Waverly is a good team that should improve as the season progresses. My thoughts on the spread are based on the game being at Wheelersburg and the game getting away late. I hope I am wrong, but the Pirates have the talent not only to withstand but take advantage of Waverly's pressure.
Tempo is a two way street.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Truiit put up 30 against my Fighting Tigers Saturday.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Had a chance to see Burg Saturday night and have also watched Waverly...... this game could get ugly. Waverly doesn't have anywhere near enough consistent scoring to win this game, while Burg has plenty of options to put the ball in the hoop.

Burg 70
Waverly 52

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Bbjunky. Just curious after reading many of your posts. Who are you a fan of? Must be one of Waverlys rivals! Waverly averaging 60 points a game. Not too shabby. I know you think Trey Robertson is the only basketball player Waverly has, but on any given night Wolfe, Remington, Smallwood, Marquez, and Dunn can get you 15 or more.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Truitt playing lights out right now. Got 30 against Ironton. Holden a real threat to put up 30+ on any given night. Add in other starters on this team who can each put up 20+ on any night, I think Waverly will be overmatched in this one. I am going with a 12 point Burg win.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ukfanatic wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:56 am Bbjunky. Just curious after reading many of your posts. Who are you a fan of? Must be one of Waverlys rivals! Waverly averaging 60 points a game. Not too shabby. I know you think Trey Robertson is the only basketball player Waverly has, but on any given night Wolfe, Remington, Smallwood, Marquez, and Dunn can get you 15 or more.
I'm a fan of basketball! I'm not anti-Waverly by any means, their kids always play very hard. I enjoy watching them compete. But, from an unbiased point of view and after seeing both teams, Burg is the clear favorite here.

Until Waverly can find a way to score more consistently in the half court, they're going to struggle against better teams. Their pressure alone will hurt many teams and Waverly will be able to score in the full court when doing so. However, when facing teams that can handle the pressure, Waverly MUST find ways to consistently score in the half court. They have good coaches on staff, I think they'll continue to improve throughout the season and potentially even make a run at the district title. But right now, they're just not there yet.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Waverly has the athletes to match up but Burg will be locked in and focused with the home crowd to their advantage. Burg by 8-12.

Jeep/pirate
Waterboy

Post by Jeep/pirate »

Burg by 10+. Burg has 2 good basketball players who are 2 of the better players in the area, the supporting cast is very VERY competitive athletes and that separates them from the rest of the league.

BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBaskets »

Depending on how Waverly handles the press, this one could get ugly. Burg has more speed than any past team I recall. Burg by 20.

Return to “Boys Basketball”